Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor says there’s a long way to go before deciding who to draft
(01-24-2020, 12:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Just came here to post this......that guy is SO full of himself. Just looking to stay relevant. I hope. Nervous

Idk...makes me nervous that they fell in love with Herbert at the senior bowl.

We’re talking about the guy that took Drew Sample in the 2nd round after all...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk...makes me nervous that they fell in love with Herbert at the senior bowl.

Absolutely.....hence the "I hope" at the end. If they go that route.....well, let's just hope they don't. This board will crash over the meltdown. Rightfully so, I might add.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: Inside source from the Heinz ketchup company in Pittsburgh.. Hilarious

(01-24-2020, 12:23 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

2 reps for Gramps after he made me laugh twice, in 1 hour.

Have we reached Bizarro World? Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 03:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: One thing about Mike Brown is he has a massive hardon for “bell cow QB’s”

He also loves guys that went to ohio state and ohio natives. R
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk...makes me nervous that they fell in love with Herbert at the senior bowl.

As Lap said, don't overthink it. Just tell Burrow he's your guy and tell him not to participate in any events leading up to the draft; save his arm for the upcoming season. Maybe they have done this already or will soon. I sure as hell hope so.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 09:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As Lap said, don't overthink it. Just tell Burrow he's your guy and tell him not to participate in any events leading up to the draft; save his arm for the upcoming season. Maybe they have done this already or will soon. I sure as hell hope so.

Agreed. Rookie QBs are known for wearing out towards the end of their rookie seasons because of all the offseason throwing they do. They can try to blow as much smoke as they want, but we all know that once the smoke clears, Joe Burrow will be wearing stripes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 04:33 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals head coach Zac Taylor told Geoff Hobson of the team’s website that he’s been duly impressed after watching Monday’s title game, but you could sense that Taylor didn’t want to turn in the card for the first overall pick just yet.

“We’ve started the process of evaluating him,” Taylor said. “We certainly have a long way to go before making decisions on what we’re doing with the first pick. That’s been exciting. We’re not preparing for an opponent, so we have a chance to jump into the actual film work for all the position groups. . . .

“It was impressive. There’s no doubt. I’d like to make sure we’re a little more thorough on our film evaluation with a lot of guys before we start making statements on players. But certainly he had an impressive year.”

Of course, the Bengals have a veteran quarterback under contract at the moment, a guy who has started plenty of games for them in the past, so Taylor had to be careful not to slight Andy Dalton while everyone’s excited about the new guy who isn’t there yet.

“He’s under contract and he’s a guy that we really like and feel strongly about,” Taylor said of Dalton. “That’s where we’re at right now.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/17/zac-taylor-on-joe-burrow-long-way-to-go-before-making-decisions/amp/

I have a feeling the Bengals will screw this up and trade the pick or draft someone else

Maybe if we had some scouts we could already have dozens of players evaluated by now. How are we just now Starting to evaluate one of the top players in the draft. Thats part of the problem with this team. What if we already had calls for the #1 pick but just brushed them off cause our coaches have to finish the season so they can start scouting.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 01:50 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed. Rookie QBs are known for wearing out towards the end of their rookie seasons because of all the offseason throwing they do. They can try to blow as much smoke as they want, but we all know that once the smoke clears, Joe Burrow will be wearing stripes.

You're a lot more confident than me. If I had to place a bet, I'd put my money on that outcome, but I don't and I also never discount the Bungles ability to completely screw the pooch. Or the tabby cat. Or the ferret. Or any household pet/farm animal.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 02:28 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Maybe if we had some scouts we could already have dozens of players evaluated by now. How are we just now Starting to evaluate one of the top players in the draft. Thats part of the problem with this team. What if we already had calls for the #1 pick but just brushed them off cause our coaches have to finish the season so they can start scouting.

EVERY NFL team does evaluation after the college season is over because it is impossible to do much of it during the season.

You need to stop an think before just automatically shitting on everything the Bengals do.
Reply/Quote