Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Zac Taylor visits local bar to celebrate with the fans
(01-16-2022, 12:57 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: 99.9999% sure that ball never seen the field once this year.

Symbolic white paneled ball they can write on. I'm sure the interception ball want home with Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:33 AM)Trademark Wrote:

As great as a job as the players, coaches, training staff, rehab, etc have done this year, there HAS to be a tip of the cap for Elizabeth Blackburn.

She turned the antiquated Bengals social media presence to one of the best follows in the NFL.  The Ruler of the Jungle.  Kay Adams in as Ruler of the Jungle.  

This has her fingerprints all over it as well.  

We all knew that stuff wouldn't mean a thing if it didn't coincide with winning.  Well, they are winning.  This is just the beginning.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:00 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Love the concept, but not in this day and age.

CAN NOT HAVE COVID RAGING THE ROSTER IN THE POST SEASON, SO KEEP THE PLAYERS AND STAFF AWAY FROM THE MASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, you read my mind here!

While I love the gesture... I see this as a good way to let covid infiltrate the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wouldn't have been so bad if she had waited until he was done trying to talk to the crowd. Some people are just clueless.

....and classless.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote: poor Kevin Huber gets ignored like only a punter can

Speaking of Huber, that 2nd punt at the end of the game was rough…

Glad it didn’t end up costing us.

Reply/Quote
These guys are so easy to root for, it's nice to see their hard work and perseverance pay off. What an awesome gesture by Zac. Even though he downplayed it all week, he knew what this meant to the fans after three decades of futility.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:45 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: ....and classless.

Probably asking a lot to expect perfect behavior in a bar after that win, and people had been drinking all day... I didn't start til I got in the stadium, but didn't stop til God knows when... Feelin' rough this morning. Well worth it though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Zac and FO have flipped the negatives toward the organization quickly
Started with Burrow and. great FA classes
Then Chase and signing our studs.

Bengals are now the new cool
kids on the block and a place a player would come to win a championship because with Burrow and Chase and others they are one exciting good team now who will get better with experience
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If anyone wants to know where Zac goes for a night out...this is his local bar.

He said he was only in there about 5 minutes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:09 PM)pally Wrote: If anyone wants to know where Zac goes for a night out...this is his local bar.

He said he was only in there about 5 minutes

And the home page said Uzomah delivered another ball to a bar in Ft. Thomas.
Reply/Quote
Forrest Gregg
Sam Wyche
Zac Taylor

There are your playoff winning coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That man just finished a brutal sweep of both the Steelers and Ravens, while also ending the 30 year drought.

He's already a legend in my view.

Winning cures everything... Zacs a fine fellow..
Reply/Quote
ESPN has a nice story on this: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33081105/coach-zac-taylor-delivers-game-ball-first-many-playoff-games-win-frenzied-cincinnati-bengals-fans-bar

Some of the quotes:

Taylor said his two sons and a couple of childhood friends were in the car with him and offered to film the interaction. Taylor said he didn't want that to happen.

"Sure enough, I get in there and there are a thousand cell phones," Taylor said Sunday during a news conference. "I don't know what I was thinking was going to happen."

With regard to taking preventative measures against COVID-19, Taylor said he tried to keep his interactions under two minutes and stayed on the stage at Mt. Lookout Tavern. He added that he was also in and out "as quickly as possible."

Jesse Bates: ""He could have gave all the game balls to the guys inside that locker room," Bates said. "But the way the fans stepped up yesterday, I'm pretty sure that's as loud as it's been in my years here."

Bengals tight end C.J. Uzomah also stopped by Walt's Hitching Post in nearby Fort Wright, Kentucky, as part of the new game-ball tradition Taylor announced during the team's postgame celebrations in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:33 AM)Trademark Wrote:

Hard to not like this guy lol ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:22 PM)jason Wrote: Probably asking a lot to expect perfect behavior in a bar after that win, and people had been drinking all day... I didn't start til I got in the stadium, but didn't stop til God knows when... Feelin' rough this morning. Well worth it though.

Solid point.... I felt pretty good this morning, managed to remember to eat and drink a Powerade before I went to bed.

Reply/Quote
I loved the hire when we first hired him however, I was a doubter last year and had that sinking feeling we made a mistake. I am glad I was wrong. Zac Taylor is an awesome person and an awesome coach. I have zero doubt he is correct that is one of many playoff game balls he will be handing out.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:53 AM)Headless Horseman Wrote: I loved the hire when we first hired him however, I was a doubter last year and had that sinking feeling we made a mistake. I am glad I was wrong. Zac Taylor is an awesome person and an awesome coach. I have zero doubt he is correct that is one of many playoff game balls he will be handing out.

Nice post HH, long time no see. Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:06 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Solid point.... I felt pretty good this morning, managed to remember to eat and drink a Powerade before I went to bed.

Powerade and some ibuprofen would've done me good before I tapped out last night... Haha.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:57 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post HH, long time no see. Wink

Hey bro, good to see you again! 
Reply/Quote
The ball got stolen from MLT last night. Kind of a typical MLT think to do…hopefully the drunk dude that took it woke up this morning remorseful and brings it back.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote