Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Zac Taylor visits local bar to celebrate with the fans
(01-16-2022, 02:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Zac and FO have flipped the negatives toward the organization quickly
Started with Burrow and. great FA classes
Then Chase and signing our studs.

Bengals are now the new cool
kids on the block
and a place a player would come to win a championship because with Burrow and Chase and others they are one exciting good team now who will get better with experience

This is key and should keep us contending for titles for the foreseeable future. I'm already excited about next season and this one's not over yet!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:48 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Just as long as he doesn’t go Urban Meyer mode tonight

He's just doing all of this for the free beer and free lap dances..  Tongue One real crappy season and folks may turn on him in a big hurry so I hope the success sustains for a good while longer..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You totally gloss over no one cared he went to his son's basketball game last week. If he gets it, he gets it. Life goes on. 

You totally glossed over my point that if he gets it, he's liable to not coach one of our playoff games which would probably result in instant disaster. Life does go on, but not for the Bengals at that point lol. Coming from someone who probably cried after that playoff win I'd think you'd care more.

CLE and BAL were basically knocked out of the playoffs because of COVID, letting the steelers squeak in.

It's a fine line, I don't think they want NFL players riding motorcycles in the off season (I bet it's in some of their contracts). You or I getting sick doesn't mean as much to our companies as to one of the bengals players or coaches in the way the league is run right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You totally glossed over my point that if he gets it, he's liable to not coach one of our playoff games which would probably result in instant disaster. Life does go on, but not for the Bengals at that point lol. Coming from someone who probably cried after that playoff win I'd think you'd care more.

CLE and BAL were basically knocked out of the playoffs because of COVID, letting the steelers squeak in.

It's a fine line, I don't think they want NFL players riding motorcycles in the off season (I bet it's in some of their contracts). You or I getting sick doesn't mean as much to our companies as to one of the bengals players or coaches in the way the league is run right now.

You're the same guy that spent all season in the GD threads bashing his play calling, and now you're saying he's essential.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I love me some ZT!!! Class act and good for the city!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You're the same guy that spent all season in the GD threads bashing his play calling, and now you're saying he's essential.  Hilarious

You need to work on your reading comprehension, sled.  Ninja

"With a love/hate relationship many people have with Zac, it would probably be a disaster if he wasn't coaching a playoff game for us at this point lol. I like what he did and I hope he doesn't get sick and we're good for the future."

I now know why I get a headache talking to you, lol. Or maybe it's covid. Hilarious

You gotta look up the definition of hypocrite when you talk about glossing things over.

I'm not the only one who bashes his playcalling. Bet Burrow does too, that redzone stuff was almost a disaster lol. Unlike you though it seems like Zac listens and learns (from his press conferences).
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You need to work on your reading comprehension, sled.  Ninja

"With a love/hate relationship many people have with Zac, it would probably be a disaster if he wasn't coaching a playoff game for us at this point lol. I like what he did and I hope he doesn't get sick and we're good for the future."

I now know why I get a headache talking to you, lol. Or maybe it's covid. Hilarious

You gotta look up the definition of hypocrite when you talk about glossing things over.

I'm not the only one who bashes his playcalling. Bet Burrow does too, that redzone stuff was almost a disaster lol. Unlike you though it seems like Zac listens and learns (from his press conferences).

Whatever, you ran your mouth all season bashing him, now you criticize him for stopping by a bar because he is essential to us winning. It's not like your post history is not out there for all to see.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:26 AM)grampahol Wrote: He's just doing all of this for the free beer and free lap dances..  Tongue One real crappy season and folks may turn on him in a big hurry so I hope the success sustains for a good while longer..

Taylor has earned an extension, for sure.
Probably 2 years, IMO.
Gotta see if he's going to be able to continue building on this year's success or if this was the peak.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have seen several key players talk about the playoff win. Every one of them talks about how much they respect ZT and how hard he works. I have never heard of a NFL coach stopping at local bars to thank the fans. That is how you grow a fan base and hard work helps build good teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You gotta look up the definition of hypocrite when you talk about glossing things over.

Seriously?

You spent the whole season shitting on him and now you are saying we have to have him to win. JUST SO YOU CAN SHIT ON HIM FOR BEING CARELESS ABOUT COVID.
Reply/Quote
Good on him. People finding new things to whinge about, who’d have thought.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that feels like there isn't much to celebrate? There's a game to play this weekend. We won one game. That's great but I'd rather see him prepping for the next opponent.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:29 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Am I the only one that feels like there isn't much to celebrate? There's a game to play this weekend. We won one game. That's great but I'd rather see him prepping for the next opponent.

Sorry but there IS much to celebrate AND a game next weekend to prep for. Zac can do both. So can the other coaches and the players. Things like giving these playoff game balls out to the community are impactful. The city has been waiting for some return from the team on investment for 31 years - now that there is some to share that joy with the city is both appropriate and builds the ties between the Bengals and the community. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You need to work on your reading comprehension, sled.  Ninja

Highly doubtful. Take some time to watch people who know and you will see how they explain concepts and what they're trying to do and how it worked. No coach is going to get it right every time but the design of the offense isn't simplistic or basic. There is a clear and successful method to their madness. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:29 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Am I the only one that feels like there isn't much to celebrate? There's a game to play this weekend. We won one game. That's great but I'd rather see him prepping for the next opponent.

Reports are he stopped by 3 bars and spent roughly 5 minutes at each.  So maybe an hour of his day thanking the city at a time that he really didn't know which team they would play.  I would think he deserves a little time to do as he pleases and the fact that he used it that way speaks volumes about his character.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, you're probably the only one.  I don't know the ages of the people on this board, but if you've been a fan as long as I have (1981) then you realize the enormous burden that this win lifted off the franchise's back.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry but there IS much to celebrate AND a game next weekend to prep for. Zac can do both. So can the other coaches and the players. Things like giving these playoff game balls out to the community are impactful. The city has been waiting for some return from the team on investment for 31 years - now that there is some to share that joy with the city is both appropriate and builds the ties between the Bengals and the community. 

Exactly.

And quite honestly, they probably aren't going to do a ton of prep until they know who they play.  Although I would guess that they started prepping for Tennessee given that the odds of Pittsburgh winning were minimal.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry but there IS much to celebrate AND a game next weekend to prep for. Zac can do both. So can the other coaches and the players. Things like giving these playoff game balls out to the community are impactful. The city has been waiting for some return from the team on investment for 31 years - now that there is some to share that joy with the city is both appropriate and builds the ties between the Bengals and the community. 

For sure, so true Joelist. Cheers
Reply/Quote

You genuinely might be. I'm still celebrating that victory. It's the first one in my entire lifetime.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 07:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, you're probably the only one.  I don't know the ages of the people on this board, but if you've been a fan as long as I have (1981) then you realize the enormous burden that this win lifted off the franchise's back.

I go back to the 81 season myself... I was really young then, and didn't really understand the game. I remember the 88 season reasonably well, but I don't overly remember the last playoff win against Houston. I'm sure I watched it, but they were reasonably good my entire childhood, and I took it for granted.

The bottom line is all the celebrating is for us... The fans. Those there from day 1, those like you and I that remember success in the 80s, and the younger crowd that only knew various levels of disappointment (some hope mixed in, but in the end; disappointment). They players and coaches know that was just one game.

Hell even the Steelers fans over in smack talk that rubbed our nose in all sorts of shit were genuinely happy for us... The fans. We're among the hardest of the hardcore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote