Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor
(10-01-2019, 12:25 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Thank you. I wish Bengals fans would take a step back and realize Zac’s been dealt a shit hand. Give him some time before we judge him.

I don't blame Zac but now he's seen what he's working with and as a lifelong fan of this team any good or reputable coach needs to address the problems or at the very least counter them with something.

If that means trading Dalton for picks and a mobile QB.. do it. If that means trading AJ for Oline, do it.  Do nothing and I've already seen enough.
Reply/Quote
I rather give Zac 3 years to turn things around then Marvin a 17th who couldn’t get over the hump with good rosters. Let’s give the kid some time this roster is terrible and needs a complete rebuild.. Mike Brown and Tobin deserve the majority of the blame.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor has basically given the score of “The Incredibles” to a crappy high school band who can’t play it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:40 AM)corpjet Wrote: Zac is the least of our problems, the organization would be doing him a favor and pulling a Miami and getting rid of any and all that we could and stock pile draft pics.  our "stars" are aging, send them to New England or whoever wants to pony up some pics and rebuild this mess

tank, tank, tank

100% truth
Ive never witnessed a roster that is so mentally fragile and or lazy
The talent is not there.. You cant coach players who obviously shouldnt be anywhere close to Pro Football unless there filling gatorade bottles
Marvin and company sure left a Shit stain on their way out
Reply/Quote
Can someone nominate my game prediction post to the HOF? Thanks.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The lack of urgency when 21 points behind has me pretty miffed. Where the hell is this new aged philosophy???

This is a legitimate question that won’t be asked of him!
Reply/Quote
I do feel Tobin is to mostly blame because Bengals needed blue chip FA, not dollar store type. Not sure who is running the draft war room or how much Taylor has in terms of say but if the Bengals have #1 pick next year, Thomas OT may be the way to go. I know they need QB but at least start there.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Can someone nominate my game prediction post to the HOF? Thanks.

hell, i couldn't even upload my screenshot of the post.. and I'm gonna leave it as is as a failure to commemorate this team effort tonight in a very bengal-esque fashion.
Reply/Quote
Everything right now is because of the recipe the front office had this last offseason.

If they are going to bring in an inexperienced head coach with zero coordinator experience, at least do a much better job in improving the line than what they did. Thinking that a rookie, Miller, Hart, another rookie and Andre were going to turn this line around is laughable.

But they did, so they should have went out and got more experienced coaching to help overcome their shortcomings of a front office.

The combination of both though, 0-4 seems about right.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:50 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do feel Tobin is to mostly blame because Bengals needed blue chip FA, not dollar store type. Not sure who is running the draft war room or how much Taylor has in terms of say but if the Bengals have #1 pick next year, Thomas OT may be the way to go. I know they need QB but at least start there.

I don’t think Cincinnati should even think of addressing the quarterback position until the line is fixed with new players and a new line coach. I think Booger McFarland is hallucinating because I see nothing in common with the Rams on offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:35 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: This is clearly on the front office how anyone thought that Brown or Hart we're good players has no reason to be in the NFL. I'm not joking or trying to be cute about.
Fire Taylor or Keep him IDC but if the front office continues not to use free agency to sign good players then this team will continue to suck.
The frustrating part is this roster isn't that bad and I can argue good but when you throw in the worst LB crew and the worst Offensive line then it will ruin the rest of the team. That's what is happening here.

Precisely.  

Unless their goal was tanking, they just didn't do their jobs when it came to acquiring talent.  There are 7 or 8 positions with starters that aren't good enough.  In fact, they suck.  You're going to have some weak position groups on almost any team, but that's ridiculous.  

Taylor wasn't given what he needed to win.  He's not executing play action with awful OTs.  The defense isn't stopping anyone when any team running misdirection causes the wheels to come off due to slow linebacker play.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:54 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:  I think Booger McFarland is hallucinating because I see nothing in common with the Rams on offense.

You didn't watch the last Super Bowl? Our offense looks exactly like those Rams.

This O-Line is making me pine for the days of Bodine and the rest of the garbage heap that was the 2017 O-Line. Tonight was pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:54 AM)samhain Wrote: Precisely.  

Unless their goal was tanking, they just didn't do their jobs when it came to acquiring talent.  There are 7 or 8 positions with starters that aren't good enough.  In fact, they suck.  You're going to have some weak position groups on almost any team, but that's ridiculous.  

Taylor wasn't given what he needed to win.  He's not executing play action with awful OTs.  The defense isn't stopping anyone when any team running misdirection causes the wheels to come off due to slow linebacker play.
I see at least 4 positions that need to be replaced and two more that I would not mind being addressed.
4 definite needs
RT- Hart isn't good enough to be on any NFL roster much less a starter
LG- I have hope for Price but as of now Jordan nor him have given us any long-term hope.
WLB- Vigil sucks he can't stop the run or Cover
MLB- Brown makes Vigil look good.

2 could be needs or would like to address
SS- I think Williams is a solid player but he is two small to play SS for this team. Wouldn't mind drafting Isaiah Simmons in the Top 10 to replace him.
CB 2- I actually think Phillips can do the Job and I don't have Kirkpatrick as a bad player but we should be able to get someone  cheaper for that position.

As for LT I give the Bengals a bit of a break there on their third guy. I think Williams can give them a jolt next season.
QB- I like Dalton but we got all we can out of him. Wouldn't mind a change of scenery for both parties.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:54 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t think Cincinnati should even think of addressing the quarterback position until the line is fixed with new players and a new line coach.  I think Booger McFarland is hallucinating because I see nothing in common with the Rams on offense.

I'm really doubting this line is fixed before Dalton leaves or retires.  I'm not even trying to be a smartass here. 
Reply/Quote
It worries me that Taylor seems to be trying to execute a vanilla version of the Rams offense when he has to know that he doesn't have the talent to do it.

I do appreciate that he was giving the official hell about the typical Steelers game call late in the game where the Steeler was holding onto Billings and then they call the penalty on Billings. It's just important that the players know that's a battle the coach has to fight, not the players.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Can someone nominate my game prediction post to the HOF? Thanks.

Hot damn that’s impressive. You have been repd
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure about zac at this point, but obviously nothing has been encouraging so far. I will say this, whoever thought extending Bobby Hart and signing Andre smith to be starters has no business being anywhere near a football staff. These moves were obvious failures to 99% of the posters on this board, and yet someone (some people?) decided bringing these useless fat f**** back was a good idea.

If that was Zac, he has to go. If zac is the one calling these offensive plays, he has to go. This is an absolute disaster and at this point, I won’t be the least bit saddened if they clean house again in January.

This roster needed a big overhaul and very little was done to address it. Beyond pathetic
Reply/Quote
I think it's also time to move on from Tyler Eifert. He just doesn't have the speed or athleticism to make the plays that he once did. Eifert 1.0 would have had two touchdown catches tonight.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:46 AM)Roland Wrote: I think it's also time to move on from Tyler Eifert. He just doesn't have the speed or athleticism to make the plays that he once did. Eifert 1.0 would have had two touchdown catches tonight.

Yeah, he looks done. Play Sample the rest of the way.

Reply/Quote
Starts and ends with the offensive line. These guys do not belong on an NFL roster and I'm really not sold on Turner at all. So he was a Marine. That in and of itself means exactly squat. I've known plenty of less than useless people from the military in my life. I don't care if he was a day care provider. If he thinks Hart is a prime tackle he needs to go. The shitshow that was Miami under him should have been the first clue, but it was ignored because he and ZT were 'pals'. Pals aren't always the best coaches and an NFL offensive line is not a military unit and never will be. If they sat back from 300 yards picking off opponents with a sniper rifle then MAYBE, but that's not how football is played. Truth be told I'm tired of pretending that only former grunts can do anything right. I was in the military and pro football wasn't part of the daily routine.  
I'm not necessarily sold on ZT either, but I'm willing to give the guy a shot if he's willing to cut ties with old pals from other lousy teams. This team seems like the leftovers from the old Miami team and if they don't cut bait to remake this team the right way then ZT needs to go as well. 
But a lot, no, a TON of the blame has to be right at the feet of ownership and management. They hired this clown show and if they let it remain at the current pace I'll drop this team once and for all.  I have much better things to do than to sit and wait for a pile of dried cat turds to grow into a mighty oak in a tea cup with cracks in it. 
Right now it's complete incompetence from Mike Brown right on down to the last player on the practice squad and then some. 
Unless there are HUGE changes by next season I'll be done as a fan of this team.  I don't live in the area and have no further reasons to continue to give a crap about them as they are currently structured. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote