Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor
(10-01-2019, 10:37 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: How in the hell will a different QB fix the problem when there is zero pocket or time to throw especially with a young inexperienced QB? It is illogical to think things will be different with a young QB and no changes in the line. All good teams are strong upfront to open holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. We need the best O lineman we can draft next year. If we roll with Finley for a year, so be it.

And I do think rolling with Finley will be ugly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:37 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: How in the hell will a different QB fix the problem when there is zero pocket or time to throw especially with a young inexperienced QB? It is illogical to think things will be different with a young QB and no changes in the line. All good teams are strong upfront to open holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finley showed more pocket awareness and presence in a few preseason games than Dalton has his entire career. Yeah yeah backups blah blah...

Dalton’s biggest weaknesses are a horrible combination with what we’re working with on the OL. Try someone else. If they fail too so be it. We’ll have one less injured 1st rd OL or CB bust.

QB is the most important position. You keep trying until you get your guy. Andy Dalton is NOT the guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:41 AM)jason Wrote: I agree. We need the best O lineman we can draft next year. If we roll with Finley for a year, so be it.

And I do think rolling with Finley will be ugly.

You would use a #1OA or 2 or 3 on OL? That’s crazy to me. You can get good ones in the 2nd/3rd rounds. The top QBs will be GONE.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Finley showed more pocket awareness and presence in a few preseason games than Dalton has his entire career. Yeah yeah backups blah blah...

Dalton’s biggest weaknesses are a horrible combination with what we’re working with on the OL. Try someone else. If they fail too so be it. We’ll have one less injured 1st rd OL or CB bust.

QB is the most important position. You keep trying until you get your guy. Andy Dalton is NOT the guy.

Andy is definitely NOT the guy. You have to give Finley a  shot THIS year. You can't go into the draft not knowing if Finley can be competent because his competence will determine the first draft pick. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:46 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Andy is definitely NOT the guy. You have to give Finley a  shot THIS year. You can't go into the draft not knowing if Finley can be competent because his competence will determine the first draft pick. 

Agreed.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Finley showed more pocket awareness and presence in a few preseason games than Dalton has his entire career. Yeah yeah backups blah blah...

They just don't get it. 

I don't think anybody is saying Finely is gonna save this season or team. But show of hands - who thinks the Oline is gonna be fixed next season ?

Why the hell don't we see what somebody else can do ? Is anybody for crying out loud unsure what Dalton is gonna do ?
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is exactly the type of coach that Mike Brown is looking for. He's a first time head coach, really young and no experience making personnel decisions. He is very unlikely to give MB & Family any push back when he lacks the players to be competitive. The lack of FO competence is exactly why we had so much trouble filling the DC position.

I bet Zac realizes now how big of a mistake he made coming to Cincinnati. Pretty much career suicide.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:46 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Andy is definitely NOT the guy. You have to give Finley a  shot THIS year. You can't go into the draft not knowing if Finley can be competent because his competence will determine the first draft pick. 

Bingo 

DingDing
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You would use a #1OA or 2 or 3 on OL? That’s crazy to me. You can get good ones in the 2nd/3rd rounds. The top QBs will be GONE.

I think you almost have to go all OL/LB in the early to mid rounds and let either Finely or Dalton play.  We need at least 3 OL starters and perhaps 2 LB starters just to have a chance next year.  I would've thought we could trade AJ and fill 1-2 spots, but after last night, I'm not sure if Boyd or Ross is or ever will be a true No. 1.  It's hard to see if they were always covered or Andy just can't see anything.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:55 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I think you almost have to go all OL/LB in the early to mid rounds and let either Finely or Dalton play.  We need at least 3 OL starters and perhaps 2 LB starters just to have a chance next year.  I would've thought we could trade AJ and fill 1-2 spots, but after last night, I'm not sure if Boyd or Ross is or ever will be a true No. 1.  It's hard to see if they were always covered or Andy just can't see anything.

I want a QB with a pick that high. Go OL and LB the rest of the way.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They just don't get it. 

I don't think anybody is saying Finely is gonna save this season or team. But show of hands - who thinks the Oline is gonna be fixed next season ?

Why the hell don't we see what somebody else can do ? Is anybody for crying out loud unsure what Dalton is gonna do ?

At this point, I'm not sure I'm opposed to it, but if Dalton is benched, it is officially the point of no return. I think it sends shockwaves through the rest of the roster.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:04 AM)jason Wrote: At this point, I'm  not sure I'm opposed to it, but if Dalton is benched, it is officially the point of no return. I think it sends shockwaves through the rest of the roster.

Agree but sooner or later it's coming, why wait until we're 2-12 ? Dalton isn't any kind of long term answer, he's not even next seasons answer !

It's time to look down the road.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:04 AM)jason Wrote: At this point, I'm  not sure I'm opposed to it, but if Dalton is benched, it is officially the point of no return. I think it sends shockwaves through the rest of the roster.

I believe there are already shockwaves . Did any one else see AJ's face on the sideline last night? His expression said" man I am gkad I am not part of this clusterf@#$."
Reply/Quote
Do we have Dave Shula 2.0. I mean this offense has same personnel as last year. Yet Taylor looks worse than Lazor. The Dwhile looking slightly better he wasn't hired to improve the defense.I'm not watching next week. This team is a train wreck that I can no longer bear to watch.
Reply/Quote

There is no QB in this league that can play well behind this OL. 

Mikey still has not grasped that the one thing the teams playoff teams had was a solid OL. His father preached it and he has, for the most part, ignored it or at best dealt with no urgency about it. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:19 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I believe there are already shockwaves . Did any one else see AJ's face on the sideline last night? His expression said" man I am gkad I am not part of this clusterf@#$."

He looked disgusted.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:20 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Do we have Dave Shula 2.0. I mean this offense has same personnel as last year. Yet Taylor looks worse than Lazor. The Dwhile looking slightly better he wasn't hired to improve the defense.I'm not watching next week. This team is a train wreck that I can no longer bear to watch.

This O line is worse than the one we ran out last year. The offense is inoperable in it's current state as Dalton is on pace to break the single season sack record. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: This O line is worse than the one we ran out last year. The offense is inoperable in it's current state as Dalton is on pace to break the single season sack record. 

I mean 90 percent of fans on here realize Price is better than MJ yet Taylor keeps putting MJ out there.  From 2nd qtr on it seemed like Steelers knew what we were going to call before the snap. when we are that predictable its going to make a bad Oline look worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:40 AM)corpjet Wrote: Zac is the least of our problems, the organization would be doing him a favor and pulling a Miami and getting rid of any and all that we could and stock pile draft pics.  our "stars" are aging, send them to New England or whoever wants to pony up some pics and rebuild this mess

tank, tank, tank

Agreed!  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:28 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I mean 90 percent of fans on here realize Price is better than MJ yet Taylor keeps putting MJ out there.  From 2nd qtr on it seemed like Steelers knew what we were going to call before the snap. when we are that predictable its going to make a bad Oline look worse.

This is a post of cliches. We have demanded competition no matter the age or draft position and we got it. Jordan won and now we act like Price, who lost out on his natural center sport, was some super star on the bench. The "Knew what we were calling" and "Predictable" comments are fan talk for something didn't work and I don't understand football enough to explain why so they most have been so predictable they just stopped it. 

I can argue that their are serious flaws in the offensive scheme, as I have for weeks, but it's not a case of being predictable it's about not stringing together a complete plan that builds on itself. 
Reply/Quote