Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor
Not wanting ML is not the same as wanting an incompetent coach. We already had one.

Now we just have an even worse one.

Maybe.

It's only been 4 games and this team is truly pathetic on all levels of the offense and defense. So you can't blame Zac for the team that Marvin built so poorly.

That said, Zac does look like he's completely in over his head so far.

We'll see how long MB gives him to adjust. Probably just a decade or so.
Reply/Quote
Everyone saying it’s the players and not the coach.

This coach doesn’t have control of the locker room. They’re undisciplined, uninspired and clearly don’t give AF.

For those of you not around for the 1990’s Bengals, welcome. That’s exactly what they remind me of this season.
Reply/Quote
I read some transcripts by Taylor and Dalton after the game. I must say, Taylor is grasping for air. The quagmire of the Bengals organization apparently has taken him by surprise. But I will hold Taylor accountable for bringing in these coaches. I will give credit to the Front Office in that Taylor was allowed to make his choices for coaches and I am becoming a believer that Turner and Sweet Lou were wrong choices.

I know Taylor needs time to purge the roster and bring in talent, but with Tobin as GM, his hands will be tied. The organization should fire Tobin this off season and bring in Manning, or Tony Romo or at least someone that knows talent. The team has been missing on draft choices especially as it relates to the O-Line.

I think Taylor should fire Turner and move on. I think the FO needs to fire Tobin. This team better do something because this fan base cannot take another few years of this. Keep in mind, many of the fan base remembers how good the Bengals were. When Mike took over, all has gone to hell. I know rules have changed, and players have changed over the years, but when it comes to FA, this team goes cheap for outside players. This team either does not have the talent or if the players are talented, then the talent is not being realized with the current coaching staff.

I am willing to give Taylor 2-3 years to purge the roster. I am not willing to give Turner another year nor am I willing to give Tobin another year. I question Sweet Lou but I am willing to give him another year because the offense lack of time of position, i think the defense gets fatigue.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Taylor looks like hes in over his head plain and simple. The OL looks lost, Dalton is sucking, the defense cant tackle and so on. I dont think the players are buying in, or they would be playing harder. They came out in the 2nd half already looking gassed and defeated. There is no sense of urgency. What worries me the most is instead of getting better every game, we're getting worse. A sign he's losing the team, imo. I will give them a chance to find a few competent blockers and LBs but dang.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:23 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Their record now has no bearing on the fact that ML needed to go
Spot on!  Marvin had to go and if we have to suffer with another mediocre coach, it doesnt mean that a change wasnt horribly overdue
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:54 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t think Cincinnati should even think of addressing the quarterback position until the line is fixed with new players and a new line coach. I think Booger McFarland is hallucinating because I see nothing in common with the Rams on offense.

Spot on! If this organization wants to re-live the lost decade than they should draft a QB in the first round. The line is horrible and I question our evaluation of line talent. Price, Fisher and Obegui are all bust. This years first round pick is so far a bust because he hasn’t played.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:06 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Taylor looks like hes in over his head plain and simple. The OL looks lost, Dalton is sucking, the defense cant tackle and so on. I dont think the players are buying in, or they would be playing harder. They came out in the 2nd half already looking gassed and defeated. There is no sense of urgency. What worries me the most is instead of getting better every game, we're getting worse. A sign he's losing the team, imo. I will give them a chance to find a few competent blockers and LBs but dang.

I don't get it.  The team came out against Seattle playing fast, crisp, with energy.  The last few games, it is like they are either not in condition or the players are confused and over think plays.  This team is playing in slo-mo.  I do not see good tackling technique.  I see miscommunication.  I see Pre-Snap penalties.  They feel ready to play but appear not ready.  I thought they simplified the defense to play fast.  Yet, a team runs Jet sweeps and the defense looks lost on back-to-back plays.  

In the NFL, if a team Cannot run the ball or stop the run, the team is in trouble.  Mixon was the AFC leading rusher.  Take away Boling, Redmond, and Glen, and replace Price with Hopkins and you have this...I get it with regard to the O-line.  It needs fixed.  but the other phases should at least resemble an NFL team.  Bengals played tough against the Bills and Seattle.  Not so tough against 49ers or Steelers.  Monday night game, the team just looked slow.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:11 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Spot on! If this organization wants to re-live the lost decade than they should draft a QB in the first round. The line is horrible and I question our evaluation of line talent. Price, Fisher and Obegui are all bust. This years first round pick is so far a bust because he hasn’t played.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

News flash...we’re already back in a lost decade level of sucking. On our way to a 4th losing season in a row.

We can’t wait 2-3 years or however the hell long it will take to fix the OL (we’ve been trying for 4 years now). If we get a top pick it’s time to go for our future QB. Period.

Reply/Quote
The FO is in win now mode and we are talking about firing coaches and purging the roster. Oof.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely nothing can be gleaned from Taylor thus far. This is a team that is truly, remarkably horrible.

I have been critical of every one of his staff hires. If you think this is me revising history, check the threads. I was especially adamant that Capt. Lou and Turner were awful, awful choices. And Lou's squad has actually been....a tick above absolute filth, which makes it the best unit on this team by leaps and bounds.

But Taylor will not succeed unless he fixes the mistakes he made with his coaching hires and is allowed to exorcise The Demon of Duke Tobin. But even if that happens, there's still the 73 pound chimpanzee in the room, Mike Clown. As long as he is here, this franchise will not win. Full stop.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We are four weeks into the season and I am already sick of hearing this:

"Bet those people who called for Marvin to be fired are happy now!"

This team looks terrible, and this coaching staff is leaving A LOT to be desired. I am still happy Marvin is gone. Both things can be true.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We scrambled for a coaching staff and this is what we were left with, unfortunately none are good and there are glaring holes in both the player and coaching departments.

Buckle up boys its going to be a looooooooonnnnnngggggggg year!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
This may be he quickest BUNGALIZATION of a coach yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:16 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: Well you fans wanted a change for ML and now you got it. This guy is not head coach material.

Missing three ol starters, no AJ , no pass rush from high priced dl Dulap and Atkins, a QB that is definitely not ready for prime time have handcuffed Zac Taylor. Lombardi would have trouble winning with this group. The ones who constantly say "Its not Daltons fault or Atkins gats double teamedor Dre is a good DB are the ones who want the coaches head on a platter after preseason games. 
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor was given the keys to the same broke down vehicle that Marvin Lewis had but was expected to drive it better. Its not Zac its the ownership that continues to handicap this team year after year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Also, HC hires overall this year have not done well IMO. Kliff, Dolphins HC, and Bengals are all 0-4. We knew this team wouldn’t be that good.

Gotta get more scouts in here, and hitting these draft picks more often. Do that and hit on a few free agency options and things can turn quick.
Reply/Quote
Do we owe Marvin Lewis an apology?

Asking for a friend.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: News flash...we’re already back in a lost decade level of sucking. On our way to a 4th losing season in a row.

We can’t wait 2-3 years or however the hell long it will take to fix the OL (we’ve been trying for 4 years now). If we get a top pick it’s time to go for our future QB. Period.

How in the hell will a different QB fix the problem when there is zero pocket or time to throw especially with a young inexperienced QB? It is illogical to think things will be different with a young QB and no changes in the line. All good teams are strong upfront to open holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:36 AM)jason Wrote: Do we owe Marvin Lewis an apology?

Asking for a friend.

No. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No. 

I'll tell him we said no then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote