Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac on Mixon
Like with any NFL personnel pronouncement, take this with a grain of salt

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't see us not having Mixon on the team this coming season. Maybe if we drafted a RB early that would have been different. They might have been wanting Gibbs in the first, but he was grabbed quick since Robinson was nabbed super early. I have thought we were going to keep Mixon for this season throughout this whole thing. I really doubt he's here next season though. If he is then he's taking a major pay cut. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As long as nothing overly detrimental comes from this latest incident, I fully expect that the team will honor his contract. That's what MB and the Bengals have almost always done. MB is old school and a man of his word. When he gives it, he keeps it. I don't think that Collins or Jonah is going anywhere anytime soon either.
Reply/Quote
It sure looks like Mixon is sticking around. Maybe he will show his gratitude to the organization and ball out this year. One can hope.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/4/29/23704915/joe-mixon-news-bengals-rb-te-zac-taylor
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:51 PM)pally Wrote: Like with any NFL personnel pronouncement, take this with a grain of salt

Smart move, both from a PR standpoint and from thinking about Joe Mixon.

They'll likely still ask him to take a pay cut and this won't make us look bad if he refuses and it also keeps a good relationship with Mixon if we're forced keep him.

Chase Brown also looks good but he's not going to throw Mixon under the bus when our running back room is pretty much empty besides for the rookie.

Like you said, grain of salt....... nothing to see here ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:51 PM)pally Wrote: Like with any NFL personnel pronouncement, take this with a grain of salt

Zac is as straight of shooter as they come. He used the word future. He wouldn’t have used that word if he wasn’t sincere.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They'll likely still ask him to take a pay cut and this won't make us look bad if he refuses and it also keeps a good relationship with Mixon if we're forced keep him.

At this point why would he take a pay cut?  He holds all the cards right now after the draft.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It's a bit of a "devil you know" situation, I think. We know Mixon isn't that great but they weren't really able to beef up the room much. I really don't think the drop-off from Mixon to Trayveon/Chase would be that big, honestly, but the fact there would be a drop-off from a mediocre back like Mixon is probably telling enough. If Joe takes a pay cut, then it ends up being fine. Personally, if he didn't, I would roll the dice with Trayveon or Chase.
Reply/Quote
Listening to Zac he didn’t hesitate when he said Joe’s future is with the Bengals and emphasized he’s our starting back. He seemed very high on Trayveon. When they called Chase (the video is touching) he couldn’t contain his emotions a lick. Zac could hardly talk to him. It’s obvious and certainly with the later round guys getting on a Super Bowl contender is rewarding. Brad Robbins said Holy Fock lol at the end.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 08:34 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: At this point why would he take a pay cut?  He holds all the cards right now after the draft.

Not only that but what would even be the point of a paycut right now. I highly doubt we are signing more players and unless I'm wrong the cap hit for any extensions would be after the existing years.
Reply/Quote
Treading Water.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 08:34 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: At this point why would he take a pay cut?  He holds all the cards right now after the draft.

Not this exact moment but there will be plenty of backs that become free agents and can produce as much as Mixon for next nearly the money.
Reply/Quote
Starting to believe he's coming back and he always was coming back. They didn't do enough to make him expendable...whether they tried or not.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Sad.

On the other hand, doing better than Mixon is not THAT hard. Simply do not dance behind the line, see the hole and hit it hard and fast and don't go down on first contact.
Reply/Quote
I said it before . . . if they were going to move on from him, they would have done it awhile ago.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
It was beyond obvious there was something way off with Mixon this past season. Really, and I mean really hoping it was just an anomaly of a season and not an early sign of a sustained drop-off. And yes he'll probably need to take a pay cut at the very least

I'm also really hyped about Chase. Just please someone step up and be a dawg in the back field.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 08:34 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: At this point why would he take a pay cut?  He holds all the cards right now after the draft.

I don’t think he holds all the cards here. There are several free agent rbs out there that don’t have current legal issues potentially hanging over them. If asked to take a 50% pay cut or so here vs seeing what he’d get on the open market he’d be wise to sign and stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 12:00 AM)JumboTron Wrote: It was beyond obvious there was something way off with Mixon this past season.  Really, and I mean really hoping it was just an anomaly of a season and not an early sign of a sustained drop-off.  And yes he'll probably need to take a pay cut at the very least

I'm also really hyped about Chase.  Just please someone step up and be a dawg in the back field.

I've always been a big Mixon supporter. But this year even i was questioning him a little. I'm still holding out hope that it was the line more than anything. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 01:01 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've always been a big Mixon supporter. But this year even i was questioning him a little. I'm still holding out hope that it was the line more than anything. 

Yep.

The same line that is getting Burrow pounded is also not very good at run blocking . . . yet.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote