Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac on the OL coming to Burrow’s defense
I approve of the OL sticking up for their QB and Zac recognizing the act as important. Now, carry on gentlemen and figure out how to better protect your QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Look who you're talking to. I am probably THE poster child for optimism in these forums. That said, I don't tell people where they can and can't whine and moan. I only tell them to NOT whine and moan. ThumbsUp

So , we should never question anything, and expect everything to always work out?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:46 PM)Tony Wrote: I even said I need you in the game threads to keep me in line.. I like every aspect not just blowing smoke/ overly positive ones. If we all agreed,  there wouldn't be much point.. It keeps everything even keel. You are alright. The guy that started this? Not to much. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11573835]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:48 PM)Tony Wrote: Isn't it more necessary to get up in their face and stop them before they Hit your QB?? This dude almost got Burrow killed on 2 plays in a row and stopped any chance of getting back in this game ...

Jonah actually had one of the better games of any OT Garrett has gone against this year. Don’t believe me? Listen to a couple of the most knowledgeable guys there is when it comes to the Bengals. Mike Sans in particular is one of the best people online at breaking down tape.

https://youtu.be/jG9Vcu3W488

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:54 PM)Tony Wrote: So , we should never question anything, and expect everything to always work out?

Questioning does not equal whining/moaning. 

Asking why the defense gave up a big play is not the same thing as claiming the defense is trash because it gave up a big play. 
Asking if Burrow is having an iNT problem is not the same thing as claiming Burrow is a bust because he threw a 99 yard pick 6.

(BTW, not saying YOU said either of those, Tony; just things I've seen said on these forums)
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:54 PM)Tony Wrote: So , we should never question anything, and expect everything to always work out?

Naw, do the mature thing and go about the land spreading your misery and malaise, never seeing the good in anything and trtying to make sure everyone else is miserable around you. That's the way to live life. Ninja
Reply/Quote
So back to the topic at hand, it certainly was nice to see them going after the Browns in that instance and being ready to defend their guy. Hopefully they keep that fire the rest of the season, because after watching the Steelers try and murder Fields last night they'll need to be ready to defend him again.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They want to run everything around this board. Even tell people how to "word criticism". All in order to avoid triggering their emotional breakdowns over pessimism. ENOUGH! These posters are getting out of control.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:22 PM)jj22 Wrote:  All in order to avoid triggering their emotional breakdowns over pessimism.

Even though it is extremely popular to play the victim these days I need to point out that in society as a whole people still don't care for extreme pessimism.  

No one ever says, "Hey let's all go over to Bob's house.  I just love how miserable he is about everything and I am dying to hang out with him all the time."

People have a good reason to complain about certain members who are too extremely negative.  It isn't just a "Bengal Message Board" phenomenon. In general most people don't try to be miserable or spend all their time talking to whiney, miserable people.

And please spare me the lame strawman argument about how the only other choice besides being negative all the time is to think everything is great all the time.  There are plenty of people here who say negative things about the team without making every single post a squeal about how everthing about the team is trash.
Reply/Quote
You can say you hate Zac Taylor and that's fine. No one will say a word. You can say the Bengals will never be a winning franchise and no one will say a word. You can say our players are all sub-par and no one will say a word. You can even call the Bengals Bungles. But when you've said it for the 10 thousandth time, in each and every thread that comes up, it's gets old. We get it, you have no faith in this team. You've made that point obvious.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even though it is extremely popular to play the victim these days I need to point out that in society as a whole people still don't care for extreme pessimism.  

I definitely disagree, but this isn't the forum. I'll just say the grievance culture is fairly popular. Not your point, but if you want to bring up society, then you may want to really think about what is going on in society and what the people seem to want/like. 

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You can say you hate Zac Taylor and that's fine. No one will say a word. You can say the Bengals will never be a winning franchise and no one will say a word. You can say our players are all sub-par and no one will say a word. You can even call the Bengals Bungles. But when you've said it for the 10 thousandth time, in each and every thread that comes up, it's gets old. We get it, you have no faith in this team. You've made that point obvious.

So what most threads can garnish the same responses. Again, people can say what they want as much as they want whenever it fits the thread they post in. I don't get why that is so difficult for you guys. You don't have to respond. You can even ignore.

Again, the issue isn't the posters, it's the team allowing folks to say the same things about them every season, in every debate. But yall can't attack the team (and they haven't shut anyone up) so the misdirected anger goes to those who won't put on the rose colored glasses. 

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I approve of the OL sticking up for their QB and Zac recognizing the act as important. Now, carry on gentlemen and figure out how to better protect your QB.

This sums up my thoughts as well.

Not sure what else people want...?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This sums up my thoughts as well.

Not sure what else people want...?

Eh, some people just want to play the contrarian game on forums. It's the nature of the sports and online hot takes. Thanks, internet.
Reply/Quote
So are we 0-9 or 5-4? The last time I checked we have a winning record going into the bye week. Can that change? Of course. Did they look like crap the last 2 games? Yep. Can it get worse? Absolutely. BUT, it could also get better. Whine and complain all you want. I get it, but I'm going to live in the moment and enjoy the fact that half way through the season we have a winning record.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I approve of the OL sticking up for their QB and Zac recognizing the act as important. Now, carry on gentlemen and figure out how to better protect your QB.

^This right here.

Anything else in this thread is just white noise.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:43 PM)Tony Wrote: When I see Trash, I call it out.  Sorry, I can't find sunshine and rainbows in everything like you superior internet board posters...

Let's be honest. You're creating a lot of the trash you see but it's actually others that are calling it out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think yall just need to let other people have their own opinions and not be so invested in if they are negative or positive. Just be apart of the best board on the net for good or bad. At the end of the day we are on these boards so much (so we are extreme fanatics) you know we love the team, and that is all that matters. As soon as you guys figure that out, you'll enjoy the debates, venting and such.

I think you just need to let the Bengals play how they want and not be so invested in if they play bad or good. Just be a part of the best game in the world for good or bad. At the end of the day we are all just fans that love the team, and that is all that matters. As soon as you figure that out, you'll enjoy the games, win or lose. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you just need to let the Bengals play how they want and not be so invested in if they play bad or good. Just be a part of the best game in the world for good or bad. At the end of the day we are all just fans that love the team, and that is all that matters. As soon as you figure that out, you'll enjoy the games, win or lose. 

Reply/Quote

Go straight to the extreme. There's never anything in the middle anyway...

You got all the "moves" down, champ!

Reply/Quote