Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac on the OL coming to Burrow’s defense
(11-09-2021, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: I definitely disagree, but this isn't the forum. I'll just say the grievance culture is fairly popular. Not your point, but if you want to bring up society, then you may want to really think about what is going on in society and what the people seem to want/like. 

The only people that 'like it' are like-minded people. That's not a snapshot of society in general. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

"In the next episode of 'When irony slaps you in the face...'."

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I've mentioned it a time or 2. I loved the Oline running to his defense. I'll further state my opinion that Quinton Spain is just plain nasty. Dude's like Richie Icognito without the mental condition. Give me dogs all day every day and let the keyboard warriors insult them.

As Hugh Douglas said about team mate Winston Justice when questioning his desire:

"If they wont bite as a pup, they won't bite as a dog".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: They want to run everything around this board. Even tell people how to "word criticism". All in order to avoid triggering their emotional breakdowns over pessimism. ENOUGH! These posters are getting out of control.

It's annoying AF... We don't tell them to NOT be blindly positive... Why rag on the realists here ?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:15 PM)Tony Wrote: It's annoying AF... We don't tell them to NOT be blindly positive... Why rag on the realists here ?

Why can't the positivity be real? Why do the chicken littles get the be "realistic"

We've destroyed the current 2nd best team in the AFC in their house.

We've handily beat the 2nd place Steelers

Sure we lost to the NYJ, but so did the current #1 team in the AFC

We are less than 2 games (with a tie-breaker in hand) out of the division lead and a 1/2 game out of a playoff spot

So in short: it's annoying AF to be called blindly positive, when all you need to do is open your eyes

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why can't the positivity be real? Why do the chicken littles get the be "realistic"

We've destroyed the current 2nd best team in the AFC in their house.

We've handily beat the 2nd place Steelers

Sure we lost to the NYJ, but so did the current #1 team in the AFC

We are less than 2 games (with a tie-breaker in hand) out of the division lead and a 1/2 game out of a playoff spot

So in short: it's annoying AF to be called blindly positive, when all you need to do is open your eyes

The Bengals are in last place matter how you try to spin it.  They got exposed...  I just don't see them winning more than 3 games this last half... The easy part of the schedule is over. Teams got to many problems to compete this year.. Inconsistent QB, Horrible Oline and a Defense that was a fluke and came back to earth... I never believed in the defense. They were still giving up many yards but weren't breaking in the redzone. They might have the worst defense in football by the end of the year. They have been downright horrible these last 2 weeks. What have they forced 2-3 punts these last 2 weeks? It's not like they were facing juggernaut offenses either... 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:53 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals are in last place matter how you try to spin it.  They got exposed...  I just don't see them winning more than 3 games this last half... The easy part of the schedule is over. Teams got to many problems to compete this year.. Inconsistent QB, Horrible Oline and a Defense that was a fluke and came back to earth... I never believed in the defense. They were still giving up many yards but weren't breaking in the redzone. They might have the worst defense in football by the end of the year. They have been downright horrible these last 2 weeks. What have they forced 2-3 punts these last 2 weeks? It's not like they were facing juggernaut offenses either... 

I didn't spin anything, I simply shared the facts; now you on the other hand have shared your "thoughts" on the matter

As I've said: Folks see what they want to see. Your vision is no more clear than the "blind optimist". 

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't spin anything, I simply shared the facts; now you on the other hand have shared your "thoughts" on the matter

As I've said: Folks see what they want to see. Your vision is no more clear than the "blind optimist". 

History with this team says my thoughts are right....
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

So now we have to enjoy losing? Yall a trip. And you applauding that mess.

No other fanbase would tell their fans such things.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:21 PM)Tony Wrote: I try not to respond to them to much. You will definitely be the one getting banned. I got names thrown at me and never called anyone anything,  yet I was the one to go.. 100 % favoritism around here for these same couple of posters. I'm guessing is because they have the board supporter sigs...

It's the same couple of posters who just can't take it. We know who they are, and it's actually pretty sad how triggered they get by others opinions if they don't fit theirs. If you pay close attention they'll turned on each other when one I remember, had the audacity to say something negative. That's always comical to see as watching the peanut gallery always is.

Like I said tho, the team won't shut it's naysayers and pessimist up which is the true issue. What cracks me up is they think pessimist being wrong is some sort of shame "You'll live to regret it like your Chase thread!". We (those scorned for decades) love being wrong about the Bengals! It's just we rarely are...

So no one is going to be mad when we "run the table" (I can barely type that with a straight face, but we'll see)

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:00 AM)Tony Wrote: History with this team says my thoughts are right....

No one's saying you can't live in the past..I just choose not o. 

Reply/Quote
Well you can certainly learn from the past Bfine.

Reply/Quote
It's whatever tho. The Oline came to Burrow's defense in a 41-16 blowout beatdown. I guess the Browns Dline learned their lesson.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:53 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals are in last place matter how you try to spin it.  They got exposed...  I just don't see them winning more than 3 games this last half... The easy part of the schedule is over. Teams got to many problems to compete this year.. Inconsistent QB, Horrible Oline and a Defense that was a fluke and came back to earth... I never believed in the defense. They were still giving up many yards but weren't breaking in the redzone. They might have the worst defense in football by the end of the year. They have been downright horrible these last 2 weeks. What have they forced 2-3 punts these last 2 weeks? It's not like they were facing juggernaut offenses either... 

To the bold, we've got two fourth place (in their division) teams, the Ravens and Steelers, and the Raiders, who are having a similar season to ours.

Sure, it ain't easy, but it ain't like it's all trigonometry the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's whatever tho. The Oline came to Burrow's defense in a 41-16 blowout beatdown. I guess the Browns Dline learned their lesson.

Here's the big difference..I don't think the oline did it in an attempt to teach the Browns Dline a lesson.

I doubt anyone would grasp that as the intent..

Reply/Quote
Of course they did it to teach them a lesson. What else was the purpose? I mean in my most honest assessment you do that to teach them a lesson that a late hit on the QB isn't acceptable. That's I thought was the point for standing up for your QB.

What would you say was the reason?

My only issue is like I said earlier we watched years of Burfict, Pac et all doing the same and we applauded it. Yet at the end of the day they loss the game, so really I mean it's good to see, but when you lose it's not really much to hang your hat on.

It's the big brother little brother syndrome I thought we all saw play out many years with Pittsburg. Fit throwing and frustration building during a beatdown that's always when you tend to see these things. And always from the losing teams.

ZT openly hanging his hat on it is beneath him given the lopsided loss. Great coaches would have thought it, but they wouldn't have been so proud of it given the score.

Reply/Quote
I appreciated the OL coming to Burrow's defense. The Miami game was an embarrassment last season where the OL just sat on the bench while the teams scrapped.

Whit was heralded as a hero during the 2012 Raiders game. Why would you not want your OL to stand up for their QB? 

Hell, the Dallas OL was ripped for not coming to Dalton's defense last year when he took a cheap shot against Washington last season. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 02:18 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I appreciated the OL coming to Burrow's defense. The Miami game was an embarrassment last season where the OL just sat on the bench while the teams scrapped.

Whit was heralded as a hero during the 2012 Raiders game. Why would you not want your OL to stand up for their QB? 

Hell, the Dallas OL was ripped for not coming to Dalton's defense last year when he took a cheap shot against Washington last season. 

Rep

These are the types of posts (that are few and far between lately) that keep me clinging on here. Whit is a a top 5 favorite Bengal off all time for me, and not just for his play. Like bfine said, Spain has a bit of that nastiness to him. And I love it.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So in short: it's annoying AF to be called blindly positive, when all you need to do is open your eyes

The haters were wrong for years when we went to the playoffs from '11 to '15.  They were forced to change their tune from "worst in the league" to "Can't win a championship" but most of those years these guys still predicted we would not even make it back to the playoffs.  Theses are the guys who  claimed the Bengals would never use a first round pick on a TE, OG or OC.  These are the guys who claimed the Bengals would never sign any big dollar free agents.  

I think the big problem here is the extremists.  There are a very few who just constantly have nothing but negative takes.  They often make up shit out of thin air to come up with claims that start with "You know the players think.  .  ." or "You can tell by the look on his face.  .  .  " or "The Bengals will never.  .  .  ".  Or they work really hard to twist stats to make the team look as bad as possible.

There are really only a small handful of these extreme negative type posters.  And when it comes to overy optimistic posters I can only think of a couple.  Mostly, right now we are all talking about what is wrong with the team.  It is clear we have some problems.  Just most of us don't see it as a complete lost cause.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: ZT openly hanging his hat on it is beneath him given the lopsided loss. Great coaches would have thought it, but they wouldn't have been so proud of it given the score.

I can't even understand what you are trying to say.

Basically you are saying that when a team loses the coach is not allowed to mention anything positive the team did?  This is what you always do.  You take the fact that Taylor said something positive and try to claim he "hung his hat on it" and that no other coach would do that.  This is total BS.  I see losing coaches mention positive things the team did ALL THE TIME, but when Zac does it you think it is wrong.

It is like you don't even watch anything any other team/coach ever does and then just say that whatever the Bengals/Taylor does is wrong.
Reply/Quote