Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac on the OL coming to Burrow’s defense
(11-10-2021, 05:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well then look at his results when he doesn't have a hall of fame QB who still has carried his team to 3 straight NFC Championship games without him.

Same with Andy Lewis I mean Reid.

I am pretty sure I asked about Super Bowls.

How many has Rodgers won without him?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am pretty sure I asked about Super Bowls.

As long as Tom Brady is in the league this stat won't really matter. The guy is just re-writing the records as he goes.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am pretty sure I asked about Super Bowls.

I am pretty sure you brought up records. 

I tell you I don't know why yall even try me. Gluts for punishment. Next!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How many Super Bowls have Packers and Aaron Rodgers won without McCarthy?

He has a .600+ career winning percentage.  He has made the playoff 9 times in 13 years and has a .556 winning percentage in post season.

Eagle fans claimed Andy Reid could never win a Super Bowl.  I look at results over the opinion of uneducated fans.  
Sometimes fans just make shit up in their heads and claim it is true. Hilarious

I guess you could have left all the other career winning percentage and playoff games out this convo if we can't respond to it. Or have you caught the "you dictate how posters reply" rave? This sure seems more than talking Superbowls. 

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a perfect example of what I was talking about in another thread.

You just made this claim up out of thin air and think it has credence.  It doesn't.  It is just you making stuff up because you have no real facts to rely on.  

And just to prove that you don't have a clue what you are talking about here are some Mike Tomlin quotes from after the Steelers loss to Green Bay that dropped them to 1-3 this year where he praised the improvement in the runnning game.

Tomlin Encouraged By Steps Taken In The Run Game - Steelers Depot

(11-10-2021, 08:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I am pretty sure you brought up records. 

I tell you I don't know why yall even try me. Gluts for punishment. Next!

Fred pretty much won the argument with the example he provided above. You should probably just let it go, and move on.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 08:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fred pretty much won the argument with the example he provided above. You should probably just let it go, and move on.

By bringing up improvements in a weak area in a loss which is fine and never argued by me or anyone that I can remember in this thread. Did I miss something? We/I was talking about a scuffle in a loss? One that could have easily hurt the team if the flag went the other way. I stand by my point that we all liked it, but I wouldn't have been so openly high on it with the media given the beatdown if I was HC. I'm glad you were impressed with his reply that had nothing to do with my argument or the thread. I wasn't. 

Fred put words in people mouth to change the goal post. Something he is known to do and while you think it's great now, you've been on the other side of it and didn't think it was. But an enemy of my enemy.....

What you don't realize is I am good with Fred, and actually like the guy. He's a contrarian, whatever side you take, he'll take the opposite, to go back and forth with you. When posters realize that they'll understand how to take him more (and quit getting him banned). In the mean time in the next thread, when you get all pissy with him remember when you supported his goal post moving debate tactic.

For the record I'm not your enemy either. I actually don't mind you either. I wouldn't bother anyone if they wouldn't bother me. I have mad respect for all posters. If I told you once, I told you twice, anyone on these boards as much as we are love the team. More than most. And I can respect that at the end of the day.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 09:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: By bringing up improvements in a weak area in a loss which is fine and never argued by me or anyone that I can remember in this thread. Did I miss something? We/I was talking about a scuffle in a loss? One that could have easily hurt the team if the flag went the other way. I stand by my point that we all liked it, but I wouldn't have been so openly high on it with the media given the beatdown if I was HC. I'm glad you were impressed with his reply that had nothing to do with my argument or the thread. I wasn't. 

But it didn’t go the other way, or hurt the team. You’re just making things up in your head to argue about.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 09:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But it didn’t go the other way, or hurt the team. You’re just making things up in your head to argue about.

I thought maybe your reply would show me somewhere in the thread making an argument about coaches mentioning improvements in weak areas after a loss since you were so proud of my supposed loss debate with Fred based of off it? To the point you said I should "let it go and move on". Talk about making things up in your head. Anyway when you do I'll carry on my debate with Fred with you. Until then, next! Fred can handle himself.

Reply/Quote
zac taylor has a great record
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 10:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought maybe your reply would show me somewhere in the thread making an argument about coaches mentioning improvements in weak areas after a loss

I guess you missed it.

(11-10-2021, 10:58 AM)jj22 Wrote: Coaches don't highlight singular positive plays after a beatdown. You really think after the Patriots or Steelers or Ravens take a loss 41-16, that their coaches would openly applaud that moment? 

(11-10-2021, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: here are some Mike Tomlin quotes from after the Steelers loss to Green Bay that dropped them to 1-3 this year where he praised the improvement in the runnning game.

Tomlin Encouraged By Steps Taken In The Run Game - Steelers Depot
Reply/Quote
This is Jungle Noise, a place for Bengals fans to post. People can claim to be Bengals fans, and vent about things they don't like, but when every single post some of you put up would be a better fit for Smack Talk, then maybe that's a better fit.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is Jungle Noise, a place for Bengals fans to post. People can claim to be Bengals fans, and vent about things they don't like,  but when every single post some of you put up would be a better fit for Smack Talk, then maybe that's a better fit.

I made a post earlier about how there are really only a few posters on the extremes that stir the pot the most.

You are one of the most extreme in your support of Taylor.  So you don't have a lot of room to talk in this situation.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess you missed it.

You probably meant to highlight my "singular positive plays" (that would be the only thing that made somewhat sense with quoting that post to back up your point that I somehow made an argument of coaches not highlighting improvements in a weak area - which I still maintain I didn't and think it's pretty clear). But even then in your example it would be a positive run (1 play) which again no coach would bother highlighting 1 run that was good after a beatdown. Either way I'm over this "debate". I gave my opinion on the thread topic.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I made a post earlier about how there are really only a few posters on the extremes that stir the pot the most.

You are one of the most extreme in your support of Taylor.  So you don't have a lot of room to talk in this situation.

Yeah, I am a fan of Taylor and like what he has done with this roster. I also said 3 years was his timeframe and he needs 9-10 wins this year to stay. Aside from that, this IS a fan board for fans. We have Smack Talk for those who only want to trash the team and never have anything good to say about anything. To me, that hardly qualifies as a fan. Take yourself, though we often disagree, you bash what you see as bad and praise what you see as good. With the few posters we're talking about, part of that equation is missing.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I will watch for this when I am watching the game today. Thanks Nicomo. There has to be SOME positives. Mellow
Reply/Quote