Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac on the o-line struggles
At least he doesn't seem to think it's 'overblown' this week:

'We can't just have a free runner, a three-technique come clean every single time. That's something we got to fix right away. I don't care what play you call; you're going to have problems when you can't block a guy for a second.' 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At least he doesn't seem to think it's 'overblown' this week:

'We can't just have a free runner, a three-technique come clean every single time. That's something we got to fix right away. I don't care what play you call; you're going to have problems when you can't block a guy for a second.' 

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.  Progress! :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Turner should get shown the door. This is his unit, and he's the one who jumped all over Bobby Hart and spent a bunch of money on him. I know he helped figure out the run game last year, but this OL is the worst Ive seen, and in his 2nd year. Sure its the players, but its also the scheme and coaching. Undisciplined play. I dont think the OLmen even want to play for this guy. They play like they dont give a sht.
Reply/Quote
So, Zac, Jim Turner still works for you why?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:30 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think Turner should get shown the door. This is his unit, and he's the one who jumped all over Bobby Hart and spent a bunch of money on him. I know he helped figure out the run game last year, but this OL is the worst Ive seen, and in his 2nd year. Sure its the players, but its also the scheme and coaching. Undisciplined play. I dont think the OLmen even want to play for this guy. They play like they dont give a sht.

Watching guys get beat continually on their first step is frustrating as hell and it's happening far to often. For those out there that know the in's and out's of o-line technique better than me, is this just a case of being to slow off the snap, not positioning well enough or something else? All I know is it's painful to see over and over.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile Brian Callahan’s pops is up in Cleveland helping that OL and RB’s run all over everyone...

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Watching guys get beat continually on their first step is frustrating as hell and it's happening far to often.

Exactly. It hard to watch and its happening way too often. That definitely points to something on the coaching end of it, at last imo. There is no sense of urgency and almost a lack of desire at times for the OL. Watching DT's hardly even touched bust into the backfield way too often.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is going to get murdered when time comes to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore
Reply/Quote
It's playing too passively. Turner's "technique" has removed the aggressiveness from the blocking. The last time we saw real, creditable blocking here was back when Lazor overruled PA and had the linemen stop using zone and start using angled drive blocking. It let the linemen fly off the snap and engage the defense.
Reply/Quote
And the only change he’ll make is putting XSF back in at RG when he comes back from IR.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have also had arguably the healthies oline so far this year and stillthe worse in the league. Teams like the Eagles today plugging and playing backups. Those backups look like all pros when compared.
Reply/Quote
SIT JOE DOWN UNTIL WE FIX THE O LINE. WE CAN'T AFFORD FOR HIM TO GET KILLED AND HAVE A CAREER ENDING INJURY... EVENTUALLY HIS MINDSET WILL BE SHOT AFTER GETTING PUMMELED SO MANY TIMES.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At least he doesn't seem to think it's 'overblown' this week:

Yeah, what is it 14 sacks already? That averages out to 74 in a season 2nd worst of all time and Joe Burrow is actually very good in the pocket.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:09 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Yeah, what is it 14 sacks already? That averages out to 74 in a season 2nd worst of all time and Joe Burrow is actually very good in the pocket.

Most of any QB in the NFL through 3 weeks. It’s amazing he’s been able to put up the numbers he has.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Most of any QB in the NFL through 3 weeks. It’s amazing he’s been able to put up the numbers he has.

He's on pace for over 750 attempts.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:24 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's on pace for over 750 attempts.  Mellow

We can do better than that. I say let’s shoot for 1000.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:24 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's on pace for over 750 attempts.  Mellow

The Bengals just looking to shatter records.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's playing too passively. Turner's "technique" has removed the aggressiveness from the blocking. The last time we saw real, creditable blocking here was back when Lazor overruled PA and had the linemen stop using zone and start using angled drive blocking. It let the linemen fly off the snap and engage the defense.

This, no doubt. Its like our blocking scheme we start out tapdancing and going backwards, and then just get bulled over, even on running plays. I agree we need to engage the defense and the technique we are using seems way too passive. Turner has lost me, I honestly think Lapham could do a better job at this point. The OL cant do anything right. No fire, no aggression, and too many completely missed blocks where DLmen get back there totally untouched. Thats coaching, imo.
Reply/Quote

It's taken him 19 games to figured it out. My goodness the guy is slow.

Reply/Quote

Nah, he'll be in the ICU before that happens.
Reply/Quote