Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac on the o-line struggles
(09-30-2020, 09:28 AM)impactplaya Wrote: There is upgrades like Josh Kline out there

At least he's been solidly average in his career. Almost 31 though. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 05:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At least he's been solidly average in his career. Almost 31 though. 

The Bengals need, if anything, a stopgap to keep Burrow from getting seriously injured while this rebuild happens.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 03:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have a feeling there's some medical concerns surrounding him.  It really doesn't make sense, that if he's actually healthy, that no one would have picked him up.

But if he is, then yeah why the hell not bring him in?  It'd been a no-brainer.

Or Justin Britt...

We can get someone in here better than Price and Hart IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 05:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Second to last. 44.1

Pathetic.

Well most of us just kind of shook our heads when they re-signed Redmond to the PS, but he averaged a 50.6 pff grade last year and a 60.8 in 2018. As bad as that sounds, its better than both of our current RGs.

Our starting RT is playing the best ball of his career according to Turner, but still giving up the most pressures in the NFL. Turner needs to go like yesterday. This is not a positive, its a freaking embarrassment.

Oh-well. Maybe we will win the coin toss Sunday. ZT wants to get creative when it comes to that Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
We better hope that Penei Sewell is available, or we're drafting high enough to take him in the Top 3. Because after him, the only one worth taking for the Brown organization will be either Patrick Surtain II at CB or Ja'Marr Chase at WR in the Top 5-10.
If it's me, if AJ doesn't round into his former self by Midseason, his trade value would still be a 2nd rounder to a team in contention for the Playoffs at the trading deadline. I'd get some more trade capital and be moving up a few spots to ensure they get Sewell, then you have bookend tackles for 10 years with Sewell at LT and Williams at RT.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meanwhile Brian Callahan’s pops is up in Cleveland helping that OL and RB’s run all over everyone...

You think pops would tell Brian that his offensive line coach is trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:07 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: We better hope that Penei Sewell is available, or we're drafting high enough to take him in the Top 3. Because after him, the only one worth taking for the Brown organization will be either Patrick Surtain II at CB or Ja'Marr Chase at WR in the Top 5-10.
If it's me, if AJ doesn't round into his former self by Midseason, his trade value would still be a 2nd rounder to a team in contention for the Playoffs at the trading deadline. I'd get some more trade capital and be moving up a few spots to ensure they get Sewell, then you have bookend tackles for 10 years with Sewell at LT and Williams at RT.

It's early October (as I write this), you definitely don't know who's worth what in the top 10 right now. Lots of other OTs that could rise - keep eye on Cincy native Jackson Carman from Clemson. With a dominant season he could rise to the 5-10 range. Could also say the same of Sam Cosmi from Texas or Jalen Mayfield of Michigan. If we're drafting around let's say 7-8 I could see us taking the #2 OL in the draft there, whomever that turns out to be. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:48 AM)bengaloo Wrote: This, no doubt. Its like our blocking scheme we start out tapdancing and going backwards, and then just get bulled over, even on running plays. I agree we need to engage the defense and the technique we are using seems way too passive. Turner has lost me, I honestly think Lapham could do a better job at this point. The OL cant do anything right. No fire, no aggression, and too many completely missed blocks where DLmen get back there totally untouched. Thats coaching, imo.
Bring in Lapham...he could be like Pat Riley of Lakers.. He was announcing games with Chick Hearn over here and boom he was hired as Coach and rest is history. Taylor has lost me in all phases of what it takes to win. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At least he doesn't seem to think it's 'overblown' this week:

'We can't just have a free runner, a three-technique come clean every single time. That's something we got to fix right away. I don't care what play you call; you're going to have problems when you can't block a guy for a second.' 

So he just backed up what the O-line coach Turner said put it all on RG and never mentioned Hart.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 07:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You think pops would tell Brian that his offensive line coach is trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not he most likely already told him his head coach is trash.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 06:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Or Justin Britt...

We can get someone in here better than Price and Hart IMO.

That's who I've been saying.

He remained unsigned because of health issues, but as of the end of August is 100% according to his doctors.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone think Fred Johnson is an okay RT that just cannot play Guard? I always thought it was if you can’t play LT then maybe you’re good at RT. If you can’t play either of the tackle positions we’ll try OG. No good at that well you’re finished.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:41 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: SIT JOE DOWN UNTIL WE FIX THE O LINE. WE CAN'T AFFORD FOR HIM TO GET KILLED AND HAVE A CAREER ENDING INJURY... EVENTUALLY HIS MINDSET WILL BE SHOT AFTER GETTING PUMMELED SO MANY TIMES.

Agree! The kid is obviously ready to play in this league. But not if he keeps taking a beating behind this line in a lost season. Don’t think for a second that Pitt and Balt don’t know what we have in Burrow. He is a major threat to those two teams for the next decade. You better believe they will do everything they can to take him out. Better get him out of the game before someone else does. No good, only bad habits and lack of trust is what he’s getting now from putting him out there behind that line. I will never forgive this organization if they ruin him this season.
Reply/Quote