Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac's conference call
Full video:

Some highlights:

Reply/Quote
So true about us having an advantage picking first in every round. We also have an advantage with Zac and
company coaching the Senior Bowl, especially this Offseason where contact is so limited. Zac is saying all the
right things this Offseason, he is right, the message is clear after that Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
The last comment is the best one. Gotta go out and put it all together on the field now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This Zac dude might be a good thing for the organization.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Williams is either on his way out or to second string if Bell was signed to be a starter and no way Bates is going to the bench.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This Zac dude might be a good thing for the organization.

Wow.  What an amazing press conference.  Inspiring.  Full of youthful enthusiasm.  And so innovative.  It is like he has recreated the entire process of a press conference.  No more generic "coach speak".  No more avoiding direct answers.  And what about all that accountability?  Have you ever seen so much accountability in a press conference before?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looks like Williams is either on his way out or to second string if Bell was signed to be a starter and no way Bates is going to the bench.

Could be we run more "3 safeties" instead of "3 CBs" when we go to our nickel package.  Especially on 2nd down or shorter third downs when running is an option.

Williams would be more of a LB/safety hybrid.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  What an amazing press conference.  Inspiring.  Full of youthful enthusiasm.  And so innovative.  It is like he has recreated the entire process of a press conference.  No more generic "coach speak".  No more avoiding direct answers.  And what about all that accountability?  Have you ever seen so much accountability in a press conference before?

Marvin called and said tell Fred I got over it, he should too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  What an amazing press conference.  Inspiring.  Full of youthful enthusiasm.  And so innovative.  It is like he has recreated the entire process of a press conference.  No more generic "coach speak".  No more avoiding direct answers.  And what about all that accountability?  Have you ever seen so much accountability in a press conference before?

Damn brother, you've given Zac more shit in a year than you probably gave Marvin during his entire tenure as Bengals HC.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:16 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin called and said tell Fred I got over it, he should too.

Easy for him to say.  As usual he is with a winning team.  Meanwhile, while I am stuck rooting for a coach with a career .125 winning percentage.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Easy for him to say.  As usual he is with a winning team.  Meanwhile, while I am stuck rooting for a coach with a career .125 winning percentage.

Easy fred...that sounds dangerously close to 'whining' and we all know how much you hate that.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Easy for him to say.  As usual he is with a winning team.  Meanwhile, while I am stuck rooting for a coach with a career .125 winning percentage.

“As usual”

He had 9 seasons without a winning record as a HC.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Easy fred...that sounds dangerously close to 'whining' and we all know how much you hate that.  Ninja

I thought it sounded more like squealing, myself...

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought it sounded more like squealing, myself...

It's only whining or squealing if other people do it--

The Hypocrite's Handbook
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jebidiah Threadkiller at it again .
Reply/Quote

Just how many years do you think it will take you to get over Marvin Lewis ? Would a dear john letter from him help ?
Reply/Quote
I found the part referring to the the ownership/FO interesting "there's a lot of outside noise about how things are run here but I've never experienced that at all."

Are things finally changing ?
Reply/Quote
While Fred's staunch defense of Marvin Lewis remains adorable, I don't really disagree with him here?

We know Taylor is a smooth talker. Still coached a 2-14 season though. Gotta see him put up or shut up.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: While Fred's staunch defense of Marvin Lewis remains adorable, I don't really disagree with him here?

We know Taylor is a smooth talker.  Still coached a 2-14 season though.  Gotta see him put up or shut up.

Well, if Zac has been given any input/control over the free agent selection/signing process, I'll say that actions do speak louder than words.  It looks like he may be creating a team in his own concept here..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Another call. It's Jimmy Johnson. Something about 1-15 just before multiple Superbowls. He sounds kinda drunk though.   
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote