Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac-talking about the job he did today
“That’s inexcusable the positions I put us in.” Zac Taylor on his clock management

" when it's everything, it is 100% on me talking about the mistakes and sloppiness.

" I wasn't at my best today"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Did he resign? Commit Seppuku? At least apologize in the manner of the Yakuza? Worlds mean nothing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Did he resign? Commit Seppuku? At least apologize in the manner of the Yakuza? Worlds mean nothing.

no but he will be sleepless tonite

Reply/Quote
Is it his first time taking responsibility? I think he may have in the past, 13-30-1
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Is it his first time taking responsibility? I think he may have in the past, 13-30-1

He doesn't frequently taking accountability when I watch the pressers.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Is it his first time taking responsibility? I think he may have in the past, 13-30-1

no, but some of the language he used was different.  He actually said his end of the first half time management was horrific.  He could have been quoting the game day thread

Reply/Quote
Turnovers werent on Zac Taylor.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins said he felt there was a lack of energy going into the game as there usually is that is part of the preparation having your team ready to play

Reply/Quote
Personal accountability is great, but you still have to can this guy of he doesn't get it done this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:51 PM)pally Wrote: no, but some of the language he used was different.  He actually said his end of the first half time management was horrific.  He could have been quoting the game day thread

Did he mention specifically what happened on the last play of the half? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
What was he supposed to do? The line was horrible. He didnt fumble.. He made changes that got us back in it, but Mixons fumble killed it. I can't blame Zac for this.. 4 turnovers and you are not going to win when that happens unless you're the ravens I guess..
Reply/Quote
When can you blame Zac if not today? That was the worst performance we've seen in the 1st half all year, and we've had plenty of bad 1st halves.

He's the coach. It's not a have your cake and eat it league. I'm leaning more towards what Tee said, there was a motivation problem today, they're still kids running around out there, they have to be motivated. That was Marvin's biggest visible issue. "Clap, let's go".

The delay of game after timeouts is some on the players but the coach has to be blamed for this, what did he tell them that confused them that much to get a delay? This isn't the first time he's delayed after a TO this year lol.

When it comes to brains I'm taking Burrow over Zac, regardless of how it looks on the field. If it looks bad, I'm blaming Zac lol. Zac is a failed experiment from the prodigy eidetic memory Mcvay.

I wonder if Zac has the recollection of a lebron/jordan/mcvay, I doubt it, he's normal, like us - lol.
Reply/Quote
Hello darkness my old friend.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:00 PM)Destro Wrote: Hello darkness my old friend.

I'm soflty weeping, I know that lol..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did he mention specifically what happened on the last play of the half? 

He screwed up communicating the play.  

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Turnovers werent on Zac Taylor.

For sure, all around bad game. Blame isn't an isolated occurrence for this loss.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure, all around bad game. Blame isn't an isolated occurrence for this loss.

Ya, it was just 1 of those games. These things will happen with a young coach and team... It's not time to panic yet... if they get to 7-7, then it's time to panic..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Turnovers werent on Zac Taylor.

When you're the head coach, everything falls on you. The turnovers have been a problem all year long. If he's not getting the most out of our #1 pick, thats on him. If he isn't sitting Burrow down and telling him to be more careful with the ball, or calling plays that lead to fewer picks, it all falls on Zac.

That's how chain of command works. Otherwise, you could always cop out and blame the players. Just like how everyone blamed players for Marv going 0-7 in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:55 PM)pally Wrote: Tee Higgins said he felt there was a lack of energy going into the game as there usually is that is part of the preparation having your team ready to play

Joe Mixon agreed that there was less energy than normal.  He also said he hurt his neck and was in a lot of pain (but it didn't have anything to do with the fumble.)  He is not sure what caused the fumble but that he dropped it so he owns it

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When you're the head coach, everything falls on you. The turnovers have been a problem all year long. If he's not getting the most out of our #1 pick, thats on him. If he isn't sitting Burrow down and telling him to be more careful with the ball, or calling plays that lead to fewer picks, it all falls on Zac.

That's how chain of command works. Otherwise, you could always cop out and blame the players.

Yeah, he should really tell Burrow to throw fewer INTs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote