Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac-talking about the job he did today
Taylor doesn't seem to be able to get the team ready to play for "routine" games. His game planning stinks. He doesn't seem able to anticipate what the opponent is going to do and adjusts slowly, if at all, when it's revealed. When they don't have an obvious make or break game in front of them they show up like a team that took the week off. Even our special teams are playing poorly and Simmons has been reliable for years.

What does it take to get up for a game like this? Every game is like a playoff game in this league right now. You want to take a trip to the West Coast if you don't get eliminated outright by stupid losses? That's what was on the line today.

Taylor used the word "Horrific" about how he handled the 2 point try, but he could apply it to his whole game.
Reply/Quote
This roster is too talented to suck this badly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did Zac end his presser in Marilyn Monroe fashion and say poopoopeedo?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Have never been a Zac Taylor supporter but am changing somewhat this season. Willing to wait and see what he does from this season forward on a very short leash per next years team should be too good to have these sort let downs happening to Bengals this season. Barring a total meltdown the rest of this year that is.

I mean he does have the 5th youngest team in the NFL and they have the fewest penalties in the entire NFL this season.

This is a reflection on the coach as well as the debacles listed.

Plus not many on this board thought the team was playoff worthy before the season if I remember the prediction threads correctly. Yet now they're the greatest thing ever even though Burrow is taking a whooping in the pocket this year again.

Not to mention the Bengals had two fifths of the O-line watching from the bench toady. Although the O-line is improved this season it does not have the depth to throw away 2 starters and still impose its will upon NFL teams. Even against teams who are average at stopping the run like Chargers, its still the NFL.

Of course the Chase and Mixon turnovers swayed the outcome slightly as well. Agree that Zac was not at his best at all and has plenty of room to grow still as well if he is to become a good HC.

Did not like the hire the first few years but like his "culture change" approach that is already paying dividends in penalties. Obviously they must be very good players he has assembled too per all the comments that this team is too good to be this bad in this thread.

Now I did believe the Bengals would be on the bubble this year and make the playoffs if the cards fell right and maybe even win a playoff game. But not once did I believe this was a SB team just yet, but now I'm not so sure the Bengals can't make some noise in playoffs if making it in.

Could see things going either direction from this juncture, but hopefully upwards. Thats exciting to me so I'm still in wait until end of the season and see mode.

Do understand the people on other side of fence though and was once right there with you, and may be again before its said and done lol. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The question is what is the crow point here, I don't think it's playoffs, we should win a bowl with this roster (when healthy). Then again most of the superbowl teams have some major injury they're contending with, so we need to start fixing our backups lol.

Crow is winning a playoff game IMHO
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If Zac Taylor is here next year; I will videotape, and post on here, all of my Bengal related material being burned at night. I will probably threaten to quit the board, but drag it out for several days. Then probably come back. Then I plan to announce my refusal to purchase any more gear that puts money in Mike Brown's pocket.

C'mon, where's my fellow bandwagoners?

Burn it in front of the stadium! They need to know
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:57 PM)Tony Wrote:  4 turnovers and you are not going to win when that happens unless you're the ravens I guess..

You absolutely can when the other team returns the favor 3 times.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's been a league-wide issue this year. We've just not felt it often as one of the least penalized teams.

(12-05-2021, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, the officiating around the league has been absolutely brutal and embarrassing this year. Hochuli's crew looked confused as hell out there today.

That Morgan call was a head-scratcher. On replay he was blocked out of bounds, came right back in and they still flagged him. They did a replay and neither of the commentators pointed out that it was a dubius call, just that you had to get back in bounds asap...which is exactly what he did. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the second the team beat the Steelers and went 7-4, 9 wins was no longer enough. That means a 2-4 skid to end the season.

Well, if the Chiefs hold on and the Bills win tomorrow night, the Bengals still have the 2nd most(T) wins in the conference. 

Crazy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, if we want to make a change, the Vikings' HC should soon be available.

Bet he would be much happier to hitch his cart to a Joe Burrow horse rather than a Kirk Cousins.

Saw where Kirk Cousins is 2-26-1 when trailing heading into the 4th Quarter with the Vikings. Guy throws 0 TDs until the 4th quarter against the Lions, and then throws 2 TDs in the 4th to post a 116.7 QB Rating with a L against a 0-10-1 team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bet he would be much happier to hitch his cart to a Joe Burrow horse rather than a Kirk Cousins.

Saw where Kirk Cousins is 2-26-1 when trailing heading into the 4th Quarter with the Vikings. Guy throws 0 TDs until the 4th quarter against the Lions, and then throws 2 TDs in the 4th to post a 116.7 QB Rating with a L against a 0-10-1 team.

You’re putting a team stat on 1 guy

Once again, Kirk cousins being judged irrationally
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:06 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re putting a team stat on 1 guy

Once again, Kirk cousins being judged irrationally

Only 13 4th quarter comebacks in 10 years, and it's not like it's due to a lack of opportunity because of his team blowing out opponents consistently.

Kirk Cousins is a guy who will put up pretty numbers, but just never get the job done. Career losing record.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
While I appreciate Taylor shouldering the weight, it's not like he dropped passes that turned into picks or served up a simple scoop and score when we we're roaring back.

The fact that we were even in it is a testament to both the players and coaches not folding. And of course Taylor didn't throw a horrid interception to completely shut the door.

Like most losses, just two or three moments of the game where if the ball bounces the other way we might have come out with a win. Consolation prizes suck, but at least it wasn't like the Browns game where we just got absolutely steamroller for 4 quarters or like years past where the team would have folded after going down 24-0.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bet he would be much happier to hitch his cart to a Joe Burrow horse rather than a Kirk Cousins.

Cousins has more 4th quarter comebacks (3) than Burrow (1) since 2020.

(12-06-2021, 04:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Only 13 4th quarter comebacks in 10 years, and it's not like it's due to a lack of opportunity because of his team blowing out opponents consistently.

Kirk Cousins is a guy who will put up pretty numbers, but just never get the job done. Career losing record.

He gets the job done in the 4th quarter more often than Burrow has.
Reply/Quote
As to the OP, this is just standard QB speak. Pretty much every coach says the same thing after a loss.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 08:12 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: While I appreciate Taylor shouldering the weight, it's not like he dropped passes that turned into picks or served up a simple scoop and score when we we're roaring back.

The fact that we were even in it is a testament to both the players and coaches not folding. And of course Taylor didn't throw a horrid interception to completely shut the door.

Like most losses, just two or three moments of the game where if the ball bounces the other way we might have come out with a win. Consolation prizes suck, but at least it wasn't like the Browns game where we just got absolutely steamroller for 4 quarters or like years past where the team would have folded after going down 24-0.

I'm not seeing the rosy no quit outlook on this.  We got in a hole early, and mostly dug out way out and then watched the Chargers pull away again. 

If the game ended 24-22 I'd agree, but all the Bengals did was close the gap in the 3rd quarter and then totally flop in the 4th.  It beats quitting in the first half, but I feel like we are setting the bar a bit low here. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:38 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah that would be interesting to hear. All you have to do is spike it and then try a hail mary.

My guess is he just told Burrow in the head set to let it go and let the clock run out.  Burrow was not going to be able to throw a hail mary with his finger hurting like that so nothing good would come of it.  You could see his ball fluttering out of his hand so why take a chance on getting him blown up trying to throw one up.  The OL was really bad yesterday.

That was my take.  But you could tell Joey B was not happy.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not seeing the rosy no quit outlook on this.  We got in a hole early, and mostly dug out way out and then watched the Chargers pull away again. 

If the game ended 24-22 I'd agree, but all the Bengals did was close the gap in the 3rd quarter and then totally flop in the 4th. 

This is by far the best analysis I’ve read yet.

The first quarter was a CLUSTER FOXTROT, the second and third quarters reflected the best defensive adjustments I’ve seen EVER as a Bengals fan, and the fourth quarter was the maybe the most inept offensive effort EVER in Bengal history.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You absolutely can when the other team returns the favor 3 times.

Good point. That was the biggest reason they were able to come back...
Reply/Quote