Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zack Baun has diluted urine sample
Just reported through rotoworld!!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:19 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Just reported through rotoworld!!

"I GOT A SEAT AT THE TAAABBBLLEEE!!!!"

Sorry, someone had to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If this causes him to fall to 33, I'd still consider taking him.
Reply/Quote
Diluted sample? I wonder what he might have been trying to cover? If it was just weed, I'd be fine with that. If it's P.E.D.s? Then maybe I question his ability to hang with the big boys.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Diluted sample?  I wonder what he might have been trying to cover?  If it was just weed, I'd be fine with that.  If it's P.E.D.s?  Then maybe I question his ability to hang with the big boys.

Another concern is he only weighed 238 at the combine, which is light for an EDGE, while he was apparently puffed up with water weight.  
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Diluted sample? I wonder what he might have been trying to cover? If it was just weed, I'd be fine with that. If it's P.E.D.s? Then maybe I question his ability to hang with the big boys.

Was it extenze?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
From all reports, it won't affect his stock. If it did, I would happily snag him in the 3rd if he falls. That's if we don't take him at 33.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Diluted sample? I wonder what he might have been trying to cover? If it was just weed, I'd be fine with that. If it's P.E.D.s? Then maybe I question his ability to hang with the big boys.

Me, too. With the new CBA there are no more suspensions for weed, just fines. In that case, I might kick the tires on Josh Gordon or Martavis Bryant.
Reply/Quote
Dave Lapham said on his podcast last week that he sees Baun as a late 2nd rounder. Who knows if he still gets the same level of access to the team's thoughts as previous years, but I found it interesting.
Reply/Quote
Love to see him in Bengals stripes.
Reply/Quote
Has an injury history and will be an old (24) rookie too. Enough red flags to make me not want him at 33
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 07:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Has an injury history and will be an old (24) rookie too. Enough red flags to make me not want him at 33

But if we traded back in 2 and got him or got him in 3 I would not complain
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 07:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Has an injury history and will be an old (24) rookie too. Enough red flags to make me not want him at 33

Makes OT Isaiah Wilson look a lot better...
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If this causes him to fall to 33, I'd still consider taking him.

#33?  I think he falls to the 3rd round or later
Reply/Quote
Whoa, big news here. Still hope he falls and we get him hopefully in the 3rd or trade back in the 2nd snag him
and another 3rd. This all depends on the intricacies of what happened here, need to know some more details.
Reply/Quote
If he was already in the league, would this cause a suspension?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 05:43 PM)McC Wrote: If he was already in the league, would this cause a suspension?

It really shouldnt. A diluted specimen happens more often than people may think. In most cases it is considered a passed test and does not require retesting.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 05:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It really shouldnt. A diluted specimen happens more often than people may think. In most cases it is considered a passed test and does not require retesting.

So, would it really cause him to slide in the draft?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 05:55 PM)McC Wrote: So, would it really cause him to slide in the draft?

I wouldn't think so. You can consume too much water before the test to help you pee on demand and cause a diluted specimen. 

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 05:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wouldn't think so. You can consume too much water before the test to help you pee on demand and cause a diluted specimen. 

Really? Wow, learn something new every day...
Reply/Quote