Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zack Baun has diluted urine sample
Hes no good anyways.. do not draft. Evan weaver in the 4th needs to be our guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 06:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Hes no good anyways.. do not draft. Evan weaver in the 4th needs to be our guy.

Wow, haven't heard this before...

Baun is way more versatile than Weaver and is a good pass rusher for a 3-4 like what we are running now and is by some 
considered to be the 2nd best LB in this Draft. There are many reasons Weaver has been seen falling as far as the 6th round
in some Mocks. If we get a mid round guy, give me either Logan Wilson, Akeem Davis-Gaither or Justin Strnad at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 06:19 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Hes no good anyways.. do not draft. Evan weaver in the 4th needs to be our guy.

When he goes in the first round, will you still be saying that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t mind Baun in the second, but it does sound like he goes late 1st
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Another concern is he only weighed 238 at the combine, which is light for an EDGE, while he was apparently puffed up with water weight.  

This is probably all it was alot of prospects fill up on water and get a huge breakfast to raise their weight a few pounds.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Another concern is he only weighed 238 at the combine, which is light for an EDGE, while he was apparently puffed up with water weight.  

Well guess we will be looking at a LB around 4th round.. like the top 6 to 7  Outside LBS are around 240 and under.. his weight is a non issue 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 07:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well guess we will be looking at a LB around 4th round.. like the top 6 to 7  Outside LBS are around 240 and under.. his weight is a non issue 

Zack Baun is an edge 34 OLB and he is the smallest of the entire draft class.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 07:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Zack Baun is an edge 34 OLB and he is the smallest of the entire draft class.

well the numbers don't really say that Queen is smaller and Gaither smaller.. Murray has 2 inches and 3 pounds..  

Queen 6  230

Murray 6'4 241

Gaither 6'2 225
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 07:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well the numbers don't really say that Queen is smaller and Gaither smaller.. Murray has 2 inches and 3 pounds..  

Queen 6  230

Murray 6'4 241

Gaither 6'2 225

Those guys are all stack LB's.  Baun is an Edge.  
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 10:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Those guys are all stack LB's.  Baun is an Edge.  

Nope.. all are expected to play OLBs. none are considered true edge rushers because none are that big.. College is different..  All are under OLB grouping not Edge grouping.

The bottom line Baun is not undersized as a OLB especially in comparison with the other top OLB in this draft...
Reply/Quote
I'd stay away from him. Not impressed with him anyways.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 07:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well guess we will be looking at a LB around 4th round.. like the top 6 to 7  Outside LBS are around 240 and under.. his weight is a non issue 

Evan Weaver in the 4th.. we got to take em. Not exactly fast, but physical, instinctive, and knows where to be.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 01:09 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Evan Weaver in the 4th.. we got to take em. Not exactly fast, but physical, instinctive, and knows where to be.

Well we need OLB first.. need to get one in 2 or 3rd.. we do need to draft more than 1 LB I believe.. just not sure if we will take two in the first 4 picks...
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope.. all are expected to play OLBs. none are considered true edge rushers because none are that big.. College is different..  All are under OLB grouping not Edge grouping.

The bottom line Baun is not undersized as a OLB especially in comparison with the other top OLB in this draft...

Zack Baun is the type of OLB called a Joker. He is a 34 outside linebacker in a base formation. 

Patrick Queen is a WILL or WILB and Kenneth Murray is a MIKE/SAM or SILB. These are completely different positions than what Zack Baun plays so lumping them in as all OLB is false. Alabama's Terrell Lewis, LSU's K'Lavon Chaisson, and Ohio State's Chase Young are all OLB but you wouldn't group them in with Patrick Queen and Kenneth Murray. Zack Baun belongs in that group because that is the postion he played. I have heard analysts say they want to move Zack Baun back to off the ball linebacker but that is not a position he has played other than being moved there as a blitzer the same as when Ohio State did it with Chase Young.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 12:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Zack Baun is the type of OLB called a Joker. He is a 34 outside linebacker in a base formation. 

Patrick Queen is a WILL or WILB and Kenneth Murray is a MIKE/SAM or SILB. These are completely different positions than what Zack Baun plays so lumping them in as all OLB is false. Alabama's Terrell Lewis, LSU's K'Lavon Chaisson, and Ohio State's Chase Young are all OLB but you wouldn't group them in with Patrick Queen and Kenneth Murray. Zack Baun belongs in that group because that is the postion he played. I have heard analysts say they want to move Zack Baun back to off the ball linebacker but that is not a position he has played other than being moved there as a blitzer the same as when Ohio State did it with Chase Young.

Again for my last post on this.. as position as prospects none are listed that way and NFL teams approach schemes differently.. finally when you look up profiles, Queen is references at times as a edge.. we are splitting hairs on how we see things.. but still does not change my point as they are positioned in projects as OLB and by that position he is not undersizes.. I'm done..lol
Reply/Quote

(04-19-2020, 12:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope.. all are expected to play OLBs. none are considered true edge rushers because none are that big.. College is different..  All are under OLB grouping not Edge grouping.

Dude, we have literally gone from me saying he's undersized to play as an edge, to you saying he isn't and comparing him to a bunch of stack LB's, to you saying he's a stack LB and not an edge based on him being undersized.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 01:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Again for my last post on this.. as position as prospects none are listed that way and NFL teams approach schemes differently.. finally when you look up profiles, Queen is references at times as a edge.. we are splitting hairs on how we see things.. but still does not change my point as they are positioned in projects as OLB and by that position he is not undersizes.. I'm done..lol

Again you keep saying outside linebacker but fail to realize that isn't just a single postion and actually many.

You are saying Chase Young and Patrick Queen are the same because they are both OLB this is wrong. Young is an edge Queen is an off the ball linebacker. Zack Baun is an edge.

Reply/Quote
With the way the game is played nowadays, there's really only 2 types of linebackers in my opinion:

1. Guys that are in space, off the ball and expected to cover TEs, RBs and play zone coverage.
2. Guys that are rushing the passer a majority of the time and aren't asked to be major players in coverage.

There's also a hybrid of those 2, but they are generally one or the other. I don't see this whole 3-4/4-3 debate as much with most teams as they are in nickel most of the time. I think Murray, Queen and Simmons are guys that are space guys, whereas Baun is an edge guy who can cover. i still lump Baun with the edges, but also feel like he can cover, just not as good as the guys that will be around in round 3 (Wilson, Brooks, Gay, Dye) or later
Reply/Quote
From what I hear from the coaches, what they value on defense is guys who offer versatility, guys whom offense don't know what to expect from. Baun offers that kind of versatility. He wasn't just a one trick pony at Wisconsin. His presence on the field doesn't tell offenses what he will do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 03:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: With the way the game is played nowadays, there's really only 2 types of linebackers in my opinion:

1.  Guys that are in space, off the ball and expected to cover TEs, RBs and play zone coverage.
2.  Guys that are rushing the passer a majority of the time and aren't asked to be major players in coverage.

There's also a hybrid of those 2, but they are generally one or the other.  I don't see this whole 3-4/4-3 debate as much with most teams as they are in nickel most of the time.  I think Murray, Queen and Simmons are guys that are space guys, whereas Baun is an edge guy who can cover.  i still lump Baun with the edges, but also feel like he can cover, just not as good as the guys that will be around in round 3 (Wilson, Brooks, Gay, Dye) or later

Which I like, versatile, love Baun, Ruiz or Josh Jones at 33.

(04-20-2020, 04:19 PM)McC Wrote: From what I hear from the coaches, what they value on defense is guys who offer versatility, guys whom offense don't know what to expect from.  Baun offers that kind of versatility.  He wasn't just a one trick pony at Wisconsin.   His presence on the field doesn't tell offenses what he will do.

Yes sir McC. Cool
Reply/Quote