Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen
This dude is so far in over his head, and underqualified it's actually unbelievable.

I honestly don't think he could get an OC job at a top 100 college right now. And he's currently pulling double duty as HC and OC for an NFL team.

The faster this turd sandwich is outta here the better. What a freaking awful hire. Clown show from a scheme and playcalling standpoint.
Reply/Quote
The majority of the coaching staff (at least the major ones) are bad. I have no faith in ZT, I hate Lou as the DC and Turner just isn’t getting it done. This is a major problem because Burrow appears to be legit. He looks like the real deal and Cincinnati needs to get this staff and offensive line figured out NOW.
Reply/Quote
48 rush yards 8 sacks.

You can call a run play but if there is zero run blocking it doesnt matter. You can call a pass play but if there is constant pressure it doesnt matter.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One of???

I'll be more direct - I could design a more effective offense than this idiot.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:12 PM)Synric Wrote: 48 rush yards 8 sacks.

Thanks for helping to support my stance.  I appreciate it. :andy:
Reply/Quote
I’m not angry at Zac Taylor. I’m furious at whoever hired his underqualified ass! I gave Zac the benefit of the doubt in 2019 but this year is even worse.
Reply/Quote
If he has any shot at having ANY success as a head coach, he has to concentrate on HCing and start making tough decisions...like firing Anarumo (maybe bring in Wade who's wanting a job) and letting Callahan have a shot at play calling. I've been rooting for him to do well, but I feel like his arrogance is going to be his downfall.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: One of???

I'll be more direct - I could design a more effective offense than this idiot.

You could get one of those barnyard animal toys that makes noise when it spins to call better plays than Zac.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Thanks for helping to support my stance.  I appreciate it. :andy:

Except I'm not you left out the rest of my post. The offensive line play is killing the offense. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Keep in mind, Dave Shula actually won 8 games over his first two seasons.

Zack Taylor has about a 99% chance of having a worse start than the guy who parlayed his NFL career into being the GM at a Steakhouse franchise. And not for nothing, but Taylor has way more talent than Shula had.

This dude is actually worse than Dave Shula. Seriously.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:12 PM)Synric Wrote: 48 rush yards 8 sacks.

You can call a run play but if there is zero run blocking it doesnt matter. You can call a pass play but if there is constant pressure it doesnt matter.

Very true, but I think Zac has too much on his plate. I would like to see what Callahan brings to the table as far as offensive game plan and play calling. Maybe it's still shit because of the ineptness of the o-line, but I think it's worth a try at this point.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not angry at Zac Taylor.  I’m furious at whoever hired his overqualified ass!  I gave Zac the benefit of the doubt in 2019 but this year is even worse.

UNDER!!!!!  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Keep in mind, Dave Shula actually won 8 games over his first two seasons.

Zack Taylor has about a 99% chance of having a worse start than the guy who parlayed his NFL career into being the GM at a Steakhouse franchise.  And not for nothing, but Taylor has way more talent than Shula had.

This dude is actually worse than Dave Shula.  Seriously.

but have you had shula's steakhouse steak? I had it about 8 years ago in disney world, and I can still smell it.
Reply/Quote
Playcalling is just part of it. The plays themselves are badly designed. The line looks worse than it actually is because the blocking scheme is completely unsuited to the personnel. The formations telegraph the play selection. All the plays take loo long to develop especially the run plays. And so on and so on.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: UNDER!!!!!  :andy:

Thank you. I was thinking “overconfident” and “underqualified” at the same time. HAHA!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Keep in mind, Dave Shula actually won 8 games over his first two seasons.

...and got a 2 year extension for it.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This dude is so far in over his head, and underqualified it's actually unbelievable.

I honestly don't think he could get an OC job at a top 100 college right now.  And he's currently pulling double duty as HC and OC for an NFL team.

The faster this turd sandwich is outta here the better.  What a freaking awful hire.  Clown show from a scheme and playcalling standpoint.

He simply can't recover from this.  They had it 1st and goal, up 4, and with a chance to put the Eagles away and he calls 2 fades to Tate after they unsuccessfully tried another fade to Tate in the same situation in the first half and got bailed out by a ticky tack PI call.  And he knows Tate sucks because he was a healthy scratch last week.  He dressed that scrub and tried to force the ball to him for a TD because he had his agent cry in the media instead of focusing on putting the game away.  He betrayed every other player on the team with that bullshit to kiss one whiners ass.  No way I could respect him as a coach after that garbage.  He needs to go and Tate needs to go, because if you're going to have your agent whine in the media about your role in the offense, you might want to be able to actually win against man coverage vs a depleted Eagles secondary.  Disgusting.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Except I'm not you left out the rest of my post. The offensive line play is killing the offense. 

There's a key word in "offensive line".  That word being "offensive", which means they're a part of the offense.

I know we now be getting into more advanced subject matter here, but try to follow along.  If we know the offensive line is part of the offense, and we know Zach Taylor is in charge of the offense, then what does that tell us?

I know this may be shocking to hear, but sometimes it's coaches job to play to his strengths and to hide his weaknesses.  Crazy, right?  They can actually call certainly plays and use certain schemes to insure that the stats you quoted don't become reality. 

And being that's he's also the head coach, he's the direct supervisor of the OL coach.  Hell, he hired the guy.

When the offensive line performs bad that's a reflection on not just the OL coach and the players.  It also refects on the HC, the OC, and the GM.  Zack Taylor checks about 2.25 of those 3 boxes.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: He simply can't recover from this.  They had it 1st and goal, up 4, and with a chance to put the Eagles away and he calls 2 fades to Tate after they unsuccessfully tried another fade to Tate in the same situation in the first half and got bailed out by a ticky tack PI call.  And he knows Tate sucks because he was a healthy scratch last week.  He dressed that scrub and tried to force the ball to him for a TD because he had his agent cry in the media instead of focusing on putting the game away.  He betrayed every other player on the team with that bullshit to kiss one whiners ass.  No way I could respect him as a coach after that garbage.  He needs to go and Tate needs to go, because if you're going to have your agent whine in the media about your role in the offense, you might want to be able to actually win against man coverage vs a depleted Eagles secondary.  Disgusting.

Your thing with Tate is really bizarre...

He led all WR’s with 14.5 yds avg . No one who’s being even remotely objective would label him a “scrub.”

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Very true, but I think Zac has too much on his plate. I would like to see what Callahan brings to the table as far as offensive game plan and play calling. Maybe it's still shit because of the ineptness of the o-line, but I think it's worth a try at this point.

Play calling isn't as big of a deal as fans make it out to be it's more about play design and game plan. The offensive line is struggling in all areas of the run offensive. They tried man blocking, zone blocking, and pin & pull in this game and rarely were successful. 

Reply/Quote