Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese is Killing Us
(10-03-2016, 05:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Other teams pass very well out of this set, we don't. Other teams seem to pass out of it on 1st more tricking the defense. Zampese needs to get better production regardless of the formation in the redzone moving forward

Bengal fans,the whole pickin coaching staff is bad,starting with goofy marvin,he plays not to lose all the time and will not pull out all plays to f---ing win the  damn game.He should be attacking attacking all the time.And he MUST mix it up with all his weapons and if they don't we lose the next two for sure.All the teams are playing lights out this year.Look how good Reggie Nelson is playing.Our staff should have paid the man as we really miss him.I am saying its going to be another bad season because of who we got as coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 01:24 PM)Tankvet Wrote: At the start of the game on Thursday there was a defensive penalty leaving us with a 1st and 5, iirc we ran Hill left for 5ish yards.....really? You don't have the balls to take a shot downfield on a 1st and 5?  Meanwhile the Dolphins burnt us by taking a shot downfield on their first possession.

2nd and short is also a good time to take a shot downfield. However, this offense never seems to even make an attempt. I don't recall the last time I saw them even try it. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 05:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Drove me crazy that AJ was destroying the Dolphins, so they stopped throwing to him.....

The Falcons have Julio destroying the Panthers, so they keep throwing to him and he gets 300 yards.

The Bengals have AJ destroying the Dolphins, so they shut down and go into a significantly more conservative offense.

Welcome to Marv ball. Start strong, get a lead and hang of for dear life. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 09:12 PM)Derrick Wrote: 2nd and short is also a good time to take a shot downfield. However, this offense never seems to even make an attempt. I don't recall the last time I saw them even try it. Shocked

It was a Thursday... Year 2016.  2nd and 3, Dalton gets flushed out of the pocket by a formidable dolphins pass rush.  As he moves up and to his right he sails a half dead pigeon down the right sideline to his 6 foot 4 safety net AJ Green who out leaps the 5 foot 9 db hanging around his ankles for a 51 yard reception.

Btw, Im not disagreeing with you. Green should get attempts every single game to make this same exact play, as well as the quick 40 yard strike down the opposite side...
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 04:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Never said that I did. I just said that you are naive to think "any fan" has less knowledge of an OC in the NFL. That's pretty much the definition of naive.

No it isn't.

Just because you know the rules of chess does not mean you can see the board the way a grand master does.  There is not a single fan here that nis on the same level as an NFL OC.  Not even close.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 05:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Drove me crazy that AJ was destroying the Dolphins, so they stopped throwing to him.....

The Falcons have Julio destroying the Panthers, so they keep throwing to him and he gets 300 yards.

The Bengals have AJ destroying the Dolphins, so they shut down and go into a significantly more conservative offense.

Falcons defense was giving up 33 points and the Falcons were only up one score in the fourth quarter.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 05:12 AM)ah5 Wrote: It was a Thursday... Year 2016.  2nd and 3, Dalton gets flushed out of the pocket by a formidable dolphins pass rush.  As he moves up and to his right he sails a half dead pigeon down the right sideline to his 6 foot 4 safety net AJ Green who out leaps the 5 foot 9 db hanging around his ankles for a 51 yard reception.

Btw, Im not disagreeing with you.  Green should get attempts every single game to make this same exact play, as well as the quick 40 yard strike down the opposite side...

Also 2nd and 4 in the first quarter against the Jets. Dalton hits Uzo deep for 54 yards.

Another example of how haters just see what they want to see.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 09:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.

Just because you know the rules of chess does not mean you can see the board the way a grand master does.  There is not a single fan here that nis on the same level as an NFL OC.  Not even close.

You said "any fan" which includes ex coaches, college coaches, and ex players... Sorry but you have to hold an L on this one Fred.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 09:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Also 2nd and 4 in the first quarter against the Jets. Dalton hits Uzo deep for 54 yards.

Another example of how haters just see what they want to see.
You are completely wrong.

Uzomah caught the ball about 22 yards downfield, which isn't "taking a shot downfield," especially when it's to your tight end up the seam.  
(10-04-2016, 11:12 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You said "any fan" which includes ex coaches, college coaches, and ex players... Sorry but you have to hold an L on this one Fred.

Agreed, and just because someone isn't a coach, doesn't mean that they don't have a wealth of football knowledge.  Some people just haven't been given the opportunity or maybe have no interest.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 11:12 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You said "any fan" which includes ex coaches, college coaches, and ex players... Sorry but you have to hold an L on this one Fred.

Okay, you got me.  Ex professional coaches and players probably can analyze film at the same level of NFL OCs.  I-ll listen to any of them if they post here. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 11:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Agreed, and just because someone isn't a coach, doesn't mean that they don't have a wealth of football knowledge.  Some people just haven't been given the opportunity or maybe have no interest.

You still are not close to the level of an NFL OC.  It is liek I said about chess.  A lot of people know the rules but they just can't see and understand the game like grand masters.

My high school coaches were morons.  My college coaches were great.  In college I learned just enough to recognize how little I knew.  I'll never forget one time when our coach showed us how a CB lining up on the inside shoulder of a WR instead of the outside shoulder effected the entire cover scheme and lead to a reception by a different WR on the opposite side of the field.  These guys who do this their whole life against the best in the business see things on an entirely different level than any of us.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, you got me.  Ex professional coaches and players probably can analyze film at the same level of NFL OCs.  I-ll listen to any of them if they post here. 

And you don't know if they already post here or not. The likelihood of one admitting they are is close to none since they wouldn't want to have non-stop questions. Brad could actually be Marvin Lewis in disguise just trolling people. You just don't know.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 01:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: And you don't know if they already post here or not. The likelihood of one admitting they are is close to none since they wouldn't want to have non-stop questions. Brad could actually be Marvin Lewis in disguise just trolling people. You just don't know.

I am pretty sure no ex-players or coaches come here to debate strategy or scheme.

Would you go to a high school website to debate dating and relationships? 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 05:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: His play calling Thursday was disgustingly horrible.

The simple fact that he doesn't run Hill downhill whenever he carries it, especially since our line isn't good enough to let Hill run east/west and pick his holes, kills me.

He has no creativity and just isn't a good situational play caller.

We have too much talent to waste it to horrible play calling, so does he finish out the year calling the offense and potentially waste a great opportunity, do we bring someone else in (history says no), or do we give Andy the power of calling plays?

I'd really love a Q and A session with Marvin or Mike so I can call in to ask them if they're going to let the season go to waste.

Maybe getting Eifert back will help some, but it obviously doesn't help with the problems that Zampese is giving Hill.

What happens with our play calling for the rest of the season?

Marv seems to disagree with you:

“We have to understand and know that and go in having a plan for it. Most importantly, and what Ken has done a really good job of, and what Jay (Gruden), Hue, and Bob (Bratkowski) all did, was previewing that for the players. Come Friday morning or Saturday night, they are comfortable with what’s going to happen and how it will unfold. I think we’ve been really good at that.”
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am pretty sure no ex-players or coaches come here to debate strategy or scheme.

Would you go to a high school website to debate dating and relationships? 

If you want to troll people or have a good laugh at the ideas people come up with. There are plenty of reasons why a ex-player or coach would want to post on a message board. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 01:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If you want to troll people or have a good laugh at the ideas people come up with. There are plenty of reasons why a ex-player or coach would want to post on a message board. 

Well then they probably aren't going to give serious answers.  I think we can agree that these boards aren't rampant with ex NFL coaches.

Kudos to Marv on creating Brad's entire backstory if it's really him.  LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Cornerblitz could have been Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 01:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then they probably aren't going to give serious answers.  I think we can agree that these boards aren't rampant with ex NFL coaches.

Kudos to Marv on creating Brad's entire backstory if it's really him.  LOL

You have to do something in the off-season. Who knows if they will give serious answers. Maybe they shake it up and go 50/50 on it, but only give serious answers on things no one would believe.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cornerblitz could have been Carson Palmer.

Corner is still around....just posted this week.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Big ML fan.

He has gotten us this far which is a long way from where we were.

The record has greatly improved, the professionalism of the players and organization has greatly improved (leading to more consistancy), the drafting has improved, and the transitioning/development of players have improved and we now are making the playoffs more consistently.

ML has done a great job. We just have to take that next step and win a SB.

It's all here. All the ingredients are here. We just have to put it all together.

If they grind and build to be at their best at the end of the year they can win it all.

Teams that win championships don't make excuses. If something gets in its way, championship teams run over it.(like road kill)

On offense get better at identifying the other teams weaknesses and exploiting the s!@# out of it ,until they stop it.(Belicheck is the king at this)

We are so close to winning a SB, I can smell it. Keep moving forward ,we're close.

Favorite Bengals coaches- Sam Wyche (very innovative and doesn't get the credit) and Marvin Lewis (Building a winning franchise/SB Champion? with integrity/He's a grinder).

ML for President.  WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nah on Brad being Marv, but this tigersye dude that posted the above passage this past weekend is more than likely Lewis, his wife or his kid who runs around and acts like a coach.
Reply/Quote