Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese is Killing Us
Our offense is 4th in the league in passing yards, but way down in rushing. Our redzone offense went from being top 5 in the league to bottom 5 in the league. AD needs to figure out how to get the new guys more productive in the redzone with Zampese. They also have to be able to run the ball in from the 1 yard line. Fix the goal line rushing attack, get one more great option back with Eifert and figure out more creativ ways to AJ the ball inside the 10 yard line and we will be fine on offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our offense is 4th in the league in passing yards, but way down in rushing. Our redzone offense went from being top 5 in the league to bottom 5 in the league. AD needs to figure out how to get the new guys more productive in the redzone with Zampese. They also have to be able to run the ball in from the 1 yard line. Fix the goal line rushing attack, get one more great option back with Eifert and figure out more creativ ways to AJ the ball inside the 10 yard line and we will be fine on offense.

But...two of our red zone failures last game came from an OPI, and a horrid snap.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 07:41 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Gotta disagree. Hill can't gain any yards because of himself and no one else. If Barry Sanders could accomplish what he did with the o line he had, Hill should be able to accomplish at least half of what he did, imo. And he is no where on track.

I think it's a combination.   I've seen enough film showing that both the O-line and Hill are both having significant problems.  The O-line is just not consistent and it's not just Bodine.  Someone is always messing up (though Bodine has more than his fair share, and there are just way too many times the guy is shoved deep into our backfield).  That's compounded by the fact that Hill seems to have questionable vision. 

The guy has skills - has a good jump cut, can plow people over and get up to some serious speed.  But his vision is poor, often choosing the wrong hole our jump cutting right into a defender, and he seems to get tackled way too easily.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That's just lingo.  Not that I believe the avg fan could call a game.

Basic lingo, that even when explained would result in them giving you glazed over look. 

And even a very smart and knowledge fan still couldn't come close to being at the level of the worst play caller in the NFL either offensively or defensively.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:36 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Basic lingo, that even when explained would result in them giving you glazed over look. 

And even a very smart and knowledge fan still couldn't come close to being at the level of the worst play caller in the NFL either offensively or defensively.

All I'm saying, is that most fairly knowledgeable football fans are aware of the personnel on the field, and learning what it's actually called isn't all that difficult.  You could literally learn it in a minute.  You don't even have to memorize anything except backs first, TEs second, remainder of 5 are WRs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our offense is 4th in the league in passing yards, but way down in rushing. Our redzone offense went from being top 5 in the league to bottom 5 in the league. AD needs to figure out how to get the new guys more productive in the redzone with Zampese. They also have to be able to run the ball in from the 1 yard line. Fix the goal line rushing attack, get one more great option back with Eifert and figure out more creativ ways to AJ the ball inside the 10 yard line and we will be fine on offense.

yeah hes still breaking in the new guys when eifert comes back the redzone playbook will open up
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But...two of our red zone failures last game came from an OPI, and a horrid snap.  

OK??

I think we are like 5% getting a TD in the redzone. My point, more than 2 plays in game of 4 so far.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
At the start of the game on Thursday there was a defensive penalty leaving us with a 1st and 5, iirc we ran Hill left for 5ish yards.....really? You don't have the balls to take a shot downfield on a 1st and 5? Meanwhile the Dolphins burnt us by taking a shot downfield on their first possession.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:23 AM)3wt Wrote: I think it's a combination.   I've seen enough film showing that both the O-line and Hill are both having significant problems.  The O-line is just not consistent and it's not just Bodine.  Someone is always messing up (though Bodine has more than his fair share, and there are just way too many times the guy is shoved deep into our backfield).  That's compounded by the fact that Hill seems to have questionable vision. 

The guy has skills - has a good jump cut, can plow people over and get up to some serious speed.  But his vision is poor, often choosing the wrong hole our jump cutting right into a defender, and he seems to get tackled way too easily.

Dude seriously compared a RB to the greatest to ever lace em up.....that post ain't holdin much merit. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 11:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You're just being niave now

There are guys who have played qb in the NFL for years who still have problems reading the way different teams disguise their coverage schemes.  You are the one being naive if you think you have even half of the knowledge of an oc in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dude seriously compared a RB to the greatest to ever lace em up.....that post ain't holdin much merit. LMAO

Well I suggest people quit acting like he's the greatest to lace em up, especially since he's closer to bust than greatness.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 01:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK??

I think we are like 5% getting a TD in the redzone. My point, more than 2 plays in game of 4 so far.

It's 30.77%.....which is actually ranked 31st in the NFL.

And the site I'm using only goes back to 2003, but the Bengals have never gone below 28th. That was in 2008 with Fitzpatrick. Only two times have the Bengals been below the top 20 in Red Zone TD percentage since 2003.

Zampese's 10 yard line red zone offense is too predictable. 6 passes, only 4 of them came with two or more WR set. Every other play had 6 or more offensive linemen.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 02:20 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Well I suggest people quit acting like he's the greatest to lace em up, especially since he's closer to bust than greatness.

I don't think people act like Hill is that great.

The anticipation for greatness was there solely from his rookie numbers.

At this point he could ceiling out at Cedric Benson's level.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 02:26 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's 30.77%.....which is actually ranked 31st in the NFL.

And the site I'm using only goes back to 2003, but the Bengals have never gone below 28th. That was in 2008 with Fitzpatrick. Only two times have the Bengals been below the top 20 in Red Zone TD percentage since 2003.

Zampese's 10 yard line red zone offense is too predictable. 6 passes, only 4 of them came with two or more WR set. Every other play had 6 or more offensive linemen.

I am beginning to cringe when I see this formation.  You're basically telling the entire world "we're going to run".  You really handcuff Dalton when you only send one or two guys out into the pattern as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 02:20 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Well I suggest people quit acting like he's the greatest to lace em up, especially since he's closer to bust than greatness.

Who says he is? Mellow Gio averaged 1.8 ypc against the 31st ranked rushing D in the league. If you can't see that Bodine is a turd, Z is struggling (is it just him, or is he being overwhelmed by Bodine's terrible play and a rook to his right), Ced is still learning, and that Whit is not himself.....leaving only Boling playing at the same level he played last year....then maybe you don't really understand line play. We've not been a good running team for years now, save for a year here and there, but this year is exceptionally bad. Hill wasn't very decisive last year, and had a bad year. This year, he has ran hard and decisive, but there aren't a lot of holes there. When BOTH backs struggle, common sense should tell you that the brunt of the problem lies elsewhere.

The line is struggling this season, no two ways about it. The pass blocking improved against a shitty team, the run game did not.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are guys who have played qb in the NFL for years who still have problems reading the way different teams disguise their coverage schemes.  You are the one being naive if you think you have even half of the knowledge of an oc in the NFL.

Never said that I did. I just said that you are naive to think "any fan" has less knowledge of an OC in the NFL. That's pretty much the definition of naive.
Reply/Quote
Drove me crazy that AJ was destroying the Dolphins, so they stopped throwing to him.....

The Falcons have Julio destroying the Panthers, so they keep throwing to him and he gets 300 yards.

The Bengals have AJ destroying the Dolphins, so they shut down and go into a significantly more conservative offense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 05:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Drove me crazy that AJ was destroying the Dolphins, so they stopped throwing to him.....

The Falcons have Julio destroying the Panthers, so they keep throwing to him and he gets 300 yards.

The Bengals have AJ destroying the Dolphins, so they shut down and go into a significantly more conservative offense.

You barely noticing that? Every time AJ is ignored for the game we lose.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 02:26 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's 30.77%.....which is actually ranked 31st in the NFL.

I was basing it on plays run on the redzone thus why 5% of the time they run a play in the redzone, they score a TD not 2 to 6 plays counting as a score. Either way, we stink in the redzone, but were very good a year ago passing with AD

Reply/Quote

Other teams pass very well out of this set, we don't. Other teams seem to pass out of it on 1st more tricking the defense. Zampese needs to get better production regardless of the formation in the redzone moving forward

Reply/Quote