Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
(03-23-2023, 07:00 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is just false.  

He isn't what he was 3 years ago but neither is Mixon.  

With that said, Zeke is a better runner and blocker than Mixon is.  

We’ll get an answer to that if he comes. If you followed his story the last few weeks Dallas doesn’t think so
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He may be down to those 3 teams but does that mean those 3 teams made him an offer? Or is he trying to seem more valuable? Hey all down to 3 teams but I might let you know next week. Tongue

He wouldn’t come out and say he wants to play for 3 teams unless those 3 teams (and there must have been more) contacted his agent at the very least, much less given him a contract offer.
Reply/Quote
I just don't see that happening. He can wish. But, I don't think that's the direction the Bengals want to go. I still think they draft a high round RB and Mixon takes a pay cut.
Reply/Quote
I would love for the Bengals to get Zeke.

Zeke would always do whatever it would take to help Dallas win. If at the age of 27, his legs are no longer what they once were and he no longer has the burst he once had, as many analysts are saying, it's because Dallas ran him into the ground. But he can still do very well (1) running in short-yardage situations, (2) catching short passes on a check down, and (3) he is a very good pass blocker. That last component is heads-and-shoulders above Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Ugh... No thank you.

This is a back with plenty of miles and not worth the price tag. Keep Mixon and draft a guy over signing Elliot.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 07:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Ugh... No thank you.

This is a back with plenty of miles and not worth the price tag. Keep Mixon and draft a guy over signing Elliot.

What's the price tag?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 07:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: I would love for the Bengals to get Zeke.

Zeke would always do whatever it would take to help Dallas win. If at the age of 27, his legs are no longer what they once were and he no longer has the burst he once had, as many analysts are saying, it's because Dallas ran him into the ground. But he can still do very well (1) running in short-yardage situations, (2) catching short passes on a check down, and (3) he is a very good pass blocker. That last component is heads-and-shoulders above Mixon.

I'd take him on a cheap one year prove it deal... Zeke on the cheap, and a shifty rookie from the draft.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 07:09 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: He wouldn’t come out and say he wants to play for 3 teams unless those 3 teams (and there must have been more) contacted his agent at the very least, much less given him a contract offer.

Yes because no free agent has ever said they wanted to play for a team even when they have never been given an offer.   Tongue

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/odell-beckham-jr-appears-to-reveal-the-five-teams-hed-be-interested-in-joining-when-hes-ready-to-return/

Quote:After that exchange, Beckham asked Spears to guess the five teams that the receiver wants to play for. Spears then made his list and Beckham responded by pointing out that Spears had hit the nail on the head with his list of five teams. "We see eye to eye," Beckham wrote on Twitter

So which five teams made the cut? Here they are (in no particular order)

• Chiefs
  • Packers
  • Rams
  • Bills 
  • Ravens

Again there is a lot of talk going on in free agency with the purpose of raising the value of the free agent.  Maybe he was given offers from the 3 teams and maybe he wasn't.  It certainly does not hurt him to at least seem like top teams are interested in him.   Have any of those teams even brought him in for a meeting?  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Zeke’s pass pro is elite. I’d take him for that alone…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 07:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ll get an answer to that if he comes. If you followed his story the last few weeks Dallas doesn’t think so

Agree we'll all see the answer if/when he comes.  However, I don't agree Dallas thinks he's washed up (I know, it's putting words in your mouth), they're just going with the logical choice.   It didn't make sense for them to continue carrying Pollard and Zeke.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 07:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: I would love for the Bengals to get Zeke.

spot on
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 07:55 PM)basballguy Wrote: Agree we'll all see the answer if/when he comes.  However, I don't agree Dallas thinks he's washed up (I know, it's putting words in your mouth), they're just going with the logical choice.   It didn't make sense for them to continue carrying Pollard and Zeke.  

You missed Jerry’s statement. Go read it and get back to me. Jerry gave thee old we love him to death ( but wouldn’t even take him for a lot less even though Zeke would to stay). I’m all for signing him for a 1 year 4 million deal or close to Perine’s. I was questioning a better runner than Mixon. Zeke didn’t have big games like Joe had when the line was healthy. There’s Carolina of course but he also avg about 6.5 yards a carry versus games against Cleveland & Balt
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If his pass protection is as good as people are saying, then I don’t see how you pass on him assuming the price is reasonable.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 08:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If his pass protection is as good as people are saying, then I don’t see how you pass on him assuming the price is reasonable.

He’s always hit pass rushers with bad intentions dating back to Ohio State days. Makes them think twice about firing in that hard again. I’ve talked myself into liking a signing.
Reply/Quote
I'm good with it. This offense hasn't asked a ton from it's running backs. Take 20 snaps a game on the high end, hopefully don't suck at pass blocking, get a tough yard when it's third and short.

Zeke can do at least two of those things very well. Unlike Dallas, the Bengals won't be overpaying him.

If he's Perine's replacement, he shouldn't take too much of a beating, either. Sure, he might spell his platoon mate if an injury occurs, but I'm sure they wouldn't be signing him as the main ballcarrier. I can get on board with that.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 08:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You missed Jerry’s statement. Go read it and get back to me. Jerry gave thee old we love him to death ( but wouldn’t even take him for a lot less even though Zeke would to stay). I’m all for signing him for a 1 year 4 million deal or close to Perine’s. I was questioning a better runner than Mixon. Zeke didn’t have big games like Joe had when the line was healthy. There’s Carolina of course but he also avg about 6.5 yards a carry versus games against Cleveland & Balt

The cowboys would've kept him for the right price.  The team was even exploring ways to keep him in Dallas.  

The Cowboys lost their starting LT to ACL injury.  Zeke played hurt last year as well.  When you couple that with the rise of Pollard, they just couldn't find a way for it to make sense.  

Zeke still has a lot in the tank IMO.  Wherever he goes I think he'll make a great RB1 and get a good 200-250 carries.  

I guess we'll see.

Note:  Was a Dallas resident for 20+ years....i'm fully in tune with local media and follow the cowboys closely
Reply/Quote
I'd be in favor of signing Zeke, depending on how much money he wants.

While he is no longer a top RB, he is still an excellent pass blocker. Last year, he was above average between the tackles(though a negative outside the Tackles) and has only fumbled once since 2020.

He seems like a great compliment and insurance to Mixon, plus I trust him more than Williams or Evans at this point in their careers.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 08:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If his pass protection is as good as people are saying, then I don’t see how you pass on him assuming the price is reasonable.

He and Samaje were 5th and 6th in PFF pass protection rankings.  But Samaje and Joe are far better receivers out of the backfield than Zeke so that would be the trade off.

Florio is now reporting that the Jets, Eagles, and Bengals are Zeke's wish list. He has no contract offer from any of the teams

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Is there room for Zeke in NY?  I say we make a deal with the Jets.  We wont sign Zeke if they give us Breece Hall. Tongue
Reply/Quote
One of the few times I agree with Florio and what I mentioned before:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/23/ezekiel-elliotts-three-team-wish-list-may-not-be-mutual/

Quote:Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, Elliott isn’t currently weighing contract offers from the Jets, Bengals, and Eagles. In fact, he may have offers at this point from none of them. And he may never get an offer from any of them.

This is simply the list of teams he wants to play for.

Maybe it will work. He’s still good enough to contribute. But he may need to expand his universe of teams, at some point — unless he truly intends to play for one of those three teams or no one.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote