Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
(03-23-2023, 04:46 PM)Housh Wrote: What’s the issue of it’s just the desk we offered Perine?

Dude is still a great pass protector and can still run well.

I’m 34 with a knee that is held together with spit and duct tape.

I’d wager I could probably run as well as Zeke, let’s remember we are trying to win a Super Bowl here does he help the cause?

Doubtful.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 04:44 PM)BengalBob Wrote: RB1 Jahmyr Gibbs
RB2 Zeke Elliot

Almost a little like Pollard and Zeke, not against it. Imagine having a quality RB room and a quality OL on this Offense...
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Almost a little like Pollard and Zeke, not against it. Imagine having a quality RB room and a quality OL on this Offense...

It would be like a luxury pick, but Gibbs would be electric in Bengals offense
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 04:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Zeke being RB2 for dirt cheap and cutting Mixon and drafting a RB wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

I’d love this this scenario. Don’t know why people are so against Zeke. He didn’t get cut because he can’t help a team win. He got cut because his salary was way to high for who he is now. If we get him cheap to go with a talented rookie and save $6+ million on Mixon’s salary, that’s great trade off.

Even if we keep Mixon, I’d still be interested in Zeke cheap as a short yardage and blocking RB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 04:50 PM)BengalBob Wrote: It would be like a luxury pick, but Gibbs would be electric in Bengals offense

Agree, I also like Tyjae Spears a ton who is also really explosive. Would have to use Gibbs in different ways though because he is a poor
pass blocker. If he was a good blocker like Bijan I would have no problem adding Gibbs. Spears shown at the Senior Bowl he can pass block.

But man, how would it be having a RB that can take it to the house with insane speed on the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 04:54 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d love this this scenario. Don’t know why people are so against Zeke. He didn’t get cut because he can’t help a team win. He got cut because his salary was way to high for who he is now. If we get him cheap to go with a talented rookie and save $6+ million on Mixon’s salary, that’s great trade off.

Even if we keep Mixon, I’d still be interested in Zeke cheap as a short yardage and blocking RB.

Honestly I was ignoring this thread until Schefter just mentioned us as 1 of the 3 teams interested. But yeah, it isn't a terrible idea.

We have a passing Offense and Zeke can pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.
Reply/Quote
Apparently he’s down to 3 teams - CIN, PHI and NYJ, and will decide next week.

I assume that means we’ve offered.

How much would be too much?

Would this be it for Joe Mixon?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Apparently he’s down to 3 teams - CIN, PHI and NYJ, and will decide next week.

No it’s in addition
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, I also like Tyjae Spears a ton who is also really explosive. Would have to use Gibbs in different ways though because he is a poor
pass blocker. If he was a good blocker like Bijan I would have no problem adding Gibbs. Spears shown at the Senior Bowl he can pass block.

But man, how would it be having a RB that can take it to the house with insane speed on the Bengals?

I like Spears a lot. He could be this year's surprise RB in the draft who produces immediately.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Apparently he’s down to 3 teams - CIN, PHI and NYJ, and will decide next week.

We're probably signing him to take Perine's role rather than Mixon's role.

We offered Perine similar money to what he signed for and he still chose Denver, so I figure they probably offered a very similar contract to Zeke too. 2 years, 7.5M
Reply/Quote
Zeke’s a much better pass blocker. I think he and Mixon could co-exist.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

I have a hard time thinking he'd choose NYJ over CIN or PHI.
Jets have Breece Hall, who played extremely well before going down to injury.
I would have to think it comes down primarily to $$, as they really can't be argued as true contenders. Some might think they are if Rodgers is added, but I see them just like the Broncos were last year with Russell Wilson - I'll believe it when I see it.

PHI I could see him choosing over CIN though since PHI is a much stronger running team.
But does the FA acquisition of Rashaad Penny cut into Elliott's opportunities?
Penny ran pretty tough the past couple years but he's been plagued by injuries his whole career.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Get Mixon to take a cut down to less than $7.5mill total/yr, sign Zeke to a 1yr/$2.5mill, and take good value RB in the draft.

Seems like a reasonable plan to me.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Zeke’s a much better pass blocker. I think he and Mixon could co-exist.

Have Mixon-Elliott as the current plan unless/until you can get a RB in the draft you really like.
If you can, you can always designate Mixon as a Post-June 1 cut and free up $10 mill for Burrow/Higgins extension(s).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have a hard time thinking he'd choose NYJ over CIN or PHI.
Jets have Breece Hall, who played extremely well before going down to injury.
I would have to think it comes down primarily to $$, as they really can't be argued as true contenders. Some might think they are if Rodgers is added, but I see them just like the Broncos were last year with Russell Wilson - I'll believe it when I see it.

PHI I could see him choosing over CIN though since PHI is a much stronger running team.
But does the FA acquisition of Rashaad Penny cut into Elliott's opportunities?
Penny ran pretty tough the past couple years but he's been plagued by injuries his whole career.

Zeke could see the writing on the wall with Mixon and the usage out of Perine's role and bet on himself.  I get the mileage but we're talking about a ring chasing role player here.  
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Zeke’s a much better pass blocker. I think he and Mixon could co-exist.

I think his pass blocking is quite attractive to the Bengals, and I think he realizes the Bengals would appreciate that aspect of his game. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Get Mixon to take a cut down to less than $7.5mill total/yr, sign Zeke to a 1yr/$2.5mill, and take good value RB in the draft.

Seems like a reasonable plan to me.

Depending on the offers I’d imagine they are all different. I’d imagine the NYJ is the best offer but not knowing about Rodgers may be the quandary. I’d expect Philly’s and Cincy’s to be similar but Philly’s longer.. His issue I’d expect one year deal with Cincy & 2 with Philly
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
NYJ are flush with decent RBs though. I can't imagine they offered much more than we would have.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:32 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think his pass blocking is quite attractive to the Bengals, and I think he realizes the Bengals would appreciate that aspect of his game. 

Protecting Burrow as a running back would probably be the biggest concern surrounding who’s on the roster now.

Reply/Quote
Zeke is a downgrade from Perine, in my view. And I think Mixon is clearly a better runner & receiver.

But he is still a good/very good pass blocker and did score 12 TDs last season.

I like it better as RB2. If we sign Zeke, cutting Mixon becomes a possibility if we land a quality RB in the draft. It woukd be risky to do it before, as much as I'd like to reinvest that $10 mil into the team. I just don't know if there are $10 mil FAs out there anymore. Chalk?
Reply/Quote