Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
(03-22-2023, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They've waived Williams twice and re-signed him 3 times. Nothing about him being back says they're 'done with the room'...especially considering the draft, where they'll take at least one.

As for Perine, one of the reasons he said he chose Denver is because of their 'ground and pound' style, which he says fits his physical style.

He’d have stayed had he thought Mixon wasn’t #1. Trust me. They might draft one in the later rounds. But they didn’t vet running backs on pro days hardly at all.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
No Zeke please. He used to break tackles and muscle his way through. Now? He goes down faster than your mom on a Choriaster.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’d have stayed had he thought Mixon wasn’t #1. Trust me. They might draft one in the later rounds. But they didn’t vet running backs on pro days at all.

The only person who truly knows why Perine chose Denver is Perine himself.

They met with Charbonet and Gibbs at the combine, and I'm sure they've put in plenty of study time on others.
Reply/Quote
no
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 03:58 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just saw a segment on ESPN where they think Ezekiel Elliott would be a good fit for the Bengals. He played at OSU and we know how Mike Brown loves former Buckeyes. He is not as good as he used to be, but maybe if Mixon moves on he will be ok. We'll see what develops.

Not a chance.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The only person who truly knows why Perine chose Denver is Perine himself.

They met with Charbonet and Gibbs at the combine, and I'm sure they've put in plenty of study time on others.

Not true. But let’s discuss after the draft
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not true. But let’s discuss after the draft

What's not true?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:12 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't know how good of blocker Zeke is. Pollard seemed to run much better. I would hope Zeke is a good blocker.

He's considered by some to be a really good blocking RB. I don't know pff scores or watch much tape or him but that has been reported by numerous people so I'll take their word for it. 

He would be an ideal replacement for Perine and would likely put up similar numbers. He won't get you anything extra that's not there, at this point in his career. It's up to him whether he sees himself as that type of back now. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not true. But let’s discuss after the draft

Why wait until after the draft if you know so much? 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What's not true?

Perine is not the only person if he shared it.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:21 PM)TheFan Wrote: Why wait until after the draft if you know so much? 

After the draft you can say I was wrong. You can have at me.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: After the draft you can say I was wrong.

About what? Everyone in the world knows the Bengals are going to try to draft a RB, possibly early, if it makes sense. This isn't some deep inside knowledge or shocking information. 
Reply/Quote
I’d rather shit in my hands and clap.

Replacing one old back who can’t run as well as he used to with another?

ESPN logic right there.
Reply/Quote
1) Wrong forum. Shouod be in Free Agency.
2) Hell, no. Zeke is washed.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The only person who truly knows why Perine chose Denver is Perine himself.

I hope they go after Tyjae Spears from Tulane. He is the difference maker that his offense needs and the Senior Bowl coaching staffs lauded him as a stand out in the blitz pickup drills. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:25 PM)TheFan Wrote: About what? Everyone in the world knows the Bengals are going to try to draft a RB, possibly early, if it makes sense. This isn't some deep inside knowledge or shocking information. 

The Bengals are going to draft a running back early and the whole world knows it? Gotcha. I guess we will see.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:31 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I hope they go after Tyjae Spears from Tulane. He is the difference maker that his offense needs and the Senior Bowl coaching staffs lauded him as a stand out in the blitz pickup drills. 

I really like Spears. I don't know if I'd trust him as miuch as Johnson in year 1 pass pro (Johnson is a different animal in that department) but I really like what Spears would bring to the team overall, and think he would at least be decent in pass pro as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
At this point in free agency I'm not sure what the Bengals plan is and not really sure they know what they're plan is. If we straight up cut Mixon then I would be fine with Zeke along with a draft pick. He is a good pass blocker I also think he got off to a rough start and was injured for a few games I believe. But he did have some decent games and I think could still be effective in the right situations.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals are going to draft a running back early and the whole world knows it? Gotcha. I guess we will see.

I mean obviously it depends on how the draft falls but it's been talked about by many. Why wait until after something happens and then say "hah I knew it!" If you're going to act like you have inside scoop say it. You've done this twice now in the last week without saying anything. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:25 PM)TheFan Wrote: About what? Everyone in the world knows the Bengals are going to try to draft a RB, possibly early, if it makes sense. This isn't some deep inside knowledge or shocking information. 

I don’t think they draft a running back in the first 3 rounds. So there you go. They’ve got Williams newly signed, Mixon #1, and Evans. It’s not a priority. If Moreau doesn’t sign they will draft a TE @1 a tackle@2 a CB @3. Or DT

Reply/Quote