Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
Could be the leverage the Bengals need to get Mixon to take a pay cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: NYJ are flush with decent RBs though. I can't imagine they offered much more than we would have.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

With Brees Hall coming off ACL I expect Ekekial to go there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:43 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Could be the leverage the Bengals need to get Mixon to take a pay cut.

Or get his attention
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Let's sign Uncle Lenny, too.

Could work.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have a hard time thinking he'd choose NYJ over CIN or PHI.
Jets have Breece Hall, who played extremely well before going down to injury.
I would have to think it comes down primarily to $$, as they really can't be argued as true contenders. Some might think they are if Rodgers is added, but I see them just like the Broncos were last year with Russell Wilson - I'll believe it when I see it.

PHI I could see him choosing over CIN though since PHI is a much stronger running team.
But does the FA acquisition of Rashaad Penny cut into Elliott's opportunities?
Penny ran pretty tough the past couple years but he's been plagued by injuries his whole career.

I would surprised if Zeke chose the Jets. He would pay around 30% more in taxes so Jets would have to offer him 130% more to be competitive.

I like guys who want to be here. Zeke has made a ton of money and sounds as though his goal is to make more money versus wanting to win a Super Bowl. That is surprising since Dallas has not won very much in a very long time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would surprised if Zeke chose the Jets. He would pay around 30% more in taxes so Jets would have to offer him 130% more to be competitive.

I like guys who want to be here. Zeke has made a ton of money and sounds as though his goal is to make more money versus wanting to win a Super Bowl. That is surprising since Dallas has not won very much in a very long time.

I’d bet he lives and stays a resident of Texas

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d bet he lives and stays a resident of Texas

He wanted to stay in Dallas really bad. Shocked they didn’t work out something.

Reply/Quote
He may be down to those 3 teams but does that mean those 3 teams made him an offer? Or is he trying to seem more valuable? Hey all down to 3 teams but I might let you know next week. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He may be down to those 3 teams but does that mean those 3 teams made him an offer? Or is he trying to seem more valuable? Hey all down to 3 teams but I might let you know next week. Tongue

We weren’t even vetting OBJr but his agent called and we realized we could afford him. I’d bet similar with Zeke. NYJ = Rodgers Cincy= Joe & title contender Philly = Contender and hellacious OL

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d bet he lives and stays a resident of Texas

That will help offset 50% of the extra taxes maximum. He will play at least 8 games in New York and thus taxed city and state where he plays. He also works there during the week.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We weren’t even vetting OBJr but his agent called and we realized we could afford him. I’d bet similar with Zeke. NYJ = Rodgers Cincy= Joe & title contender Philly = Contender and hellacious OL

This is what I find interesting.
It was Brown's camp that reached out.
Brown probably wasn't even in consideration with the Bengals because they figured he would go for way more than they were willing to pay, and they were ready to ride with Jonah at LT this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Jersey's still going to tax if he is employed there and living in TX would be hard to do during the season; he's have to have a local residence.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We weren’t even vetting OBJr but his agent called and we realized we could afford him. I’d bet similar with Zeke. NYJ = Rodgers Cincy= Joe & title contender Philly = Contender and hellacious OL

Or he and is agent is trying to hype him up.  This is the time of year where agents make money spinning things.  "Hey look, these top teams are what he's looking at, so of course maybe you could do just a little better than what we think they might offer if you want to be competitive."   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jersey's still going to tax if he is employed there and living in TX would be hard to do during the season; he's have to have a local residence.

Probably 6 months salary @ 9% so $250k

Reply/Quote
i dont like it. he's makes less people miss than Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I will say this thread is much better than the Zeke to the Bengals thread
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Apparently he’s down to 3 teams - CIN, PHI and NYJ, and will decide next week.

I assume that means we’ve offered.

How much would be too much?

Would this be it for Joe Mixon?

Can he block?  There is not much tread left on those tires.  Not sure he has much left to offer.
Reply/Quote
I view the RB situation like RT. I don't want to jettison a good player for the sake of cap space (Jonah, Mixon). There needs to be a better player at that spot lined up (no to either) or a guy who will contribute more at another spot (again, no). 

If we sign Zeke as RB2 for Perine's price or thereabouts, I will call that a win. Perhaps with a lesser load, he regains a little pop. 

A possible draft pick would be to replace Evans and if he does well, take on a larger role next year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:40 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Can he block?  There is not much tread left on those tires.  Not sure he has much left to offer.

They need a third down experienced protector more than anything and someone experienced of Joe gets injured.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 06:33 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: i dont like it.  he's makes less people miss than Mixon.

This is just false.  

He isn't what he was 3 years ago but neither is Mixon.  

With that said, Zeke is a better runner and blocker than Mixon is.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote