Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
(03-22-2023, 05:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean obviously it depends on how the draft falls but it's been talked about by many. Why wait until after something happens and then say "hah I knew it!" If you're going to act like you have inside scoop say it. You've done this twice now in the last week without saying anything. 

I did say it. In this thread.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t think they draft a running back in the first 3 rounds. So there you go. They’ve got Williams newly signed, Mixon #1, and Evans. It’s not a priority. If Moreau doesn’t sign they will draft a TE @1 a tackle@2  a CB @3. Or DT

Mixon is inconsistent, can't pass block and probably his final year in stripes.
Williams has only been active 13 times over the last 2 years.
Evans couldn't find a way to get on the field last year. 

To say that RB isn't a priority, at least to some degree, seems to be ignoring the reality of the current room.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They've waived Williams twice and re-signed him 3 times. Nothing about him being back says they're 'done with the room'...especially considering the draft, where they'll take at least one.

As for Perine, one of the reasons he said he chose Denver is because of their 'ground and pound' style, as he called it, which he says fits his physical style of play.

If I had to guess, Williams was signed back because they needed insurance from a back who knows the system.  Like you said, they've yo-yoed him several times already.

As for Perine, I know that for all intents and purposes that he "resurrected" his career with the Bengals.  Keep this in mind though, he was able to make strong contributions as the backup, fresh legs back.  How is he going to look if expected to carry the load as a featured back all season long?  I mean Washington didn't let him go for nothing, and they ran the ball when he was with them.

Edit: As for the OP, nope to Zeke. If the Bengals were going to go with an aging star at RB, give me Derrick Henry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I saw a clip of Austin Ekeler not being happy in San Diego as he feels underpaid and unappreciated.

Sign me up
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 06:43 PM)Whacked Wrote: I saw a clip of Austin Ekeler not being happy in San Diego as he feels underpaid and unappreciated.

Sign me up

He certainly fits the Bengals style of offense the best.  Now, if they could only swap Mixon for Ekeler, that could result in a win/win for both clubs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 06:43 PM)Whacked Wrote: I saw a clip of Austin Ekeler not being happy in San Diego as he feels underpaid and unappreciated.

Sign me up

He feels unpaid so he is wanting a big contract.  We dont need a RB with a huge contract.  I think we need to cut a RB with huge contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t think they draft a running back in the first 3 rounds. So there you go. They’ve got Williams newly signed, Mixon #1, and Evans. It’s not a priority. If Moreau doesn’t sign they will draft a TE @1 a tackle@2  a CB @3. Or DT

I mean yea, that's how most people who cover the bengals have said they expect it to go down. Obviously it all depends on what teams ahead of them do but those are the biggest needs. It's known as a deep RB class so they likely figure they can get someone in later rounds. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 07:50 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean yea, that's how most people who cover the bengals have said they expect it to go down. Obviously it all depends on what teams ahead of them do but those are the biggest needs. It's known as a deep RB class so they likely figure they can get someone in later rounds. 

Now that they have Mixon, Williams, and Evans and that experience in the system it’s not a big priority.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After 7 years running the ball with a lot of carries, I think he's kind of washed up. 3.8 yards per carry this past year. Pollard rushed for 5.2 ypc.

His production is definitely down but he has sort of been coasting in big D since the contract. A rededicated and pissed off Zeke could be a good thing, just saying. He's still a hammer. Grab some lightning in the draft and I'm not out on Henderson. I'm interested to see what he can do with some extra carries. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 08:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Now that they have Mixon, Williams, and Evans and that experience in the system it’s not a big priority.

Williams and Evans have under 100 touches between the two in 2 years. They brought back Williams on a 1 year deal, clearly have reservations about Evans, and Mixon is possibly gone after this year. RB at some point if definitely a need. Not for next year necessarily but for the future definitely 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 09:53 PM)TheFan Wrote: Williams and Evans have under 100 touches between the two in 2 years. They brought back Williams on a 1 year deal, clearly have reservations about Evans, and Mixon is possibly gone after this year. RB at some point if definitely a need. Not for next year necessarily but for the future definitely 

Oh I think change is coming. Probably not ‘23. Mixon’s cap hit low next year.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 10:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Oh I think change is coming. Probably not ‘23. Mixon’s cap hit low next year.

I would be shocked if he's here next year. No way you can put that kind of money into an RB who gives as little as he does. Also think they should have either cut him or asked him to take a pay cut this year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 10:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: I would be shocked if he's here next year. No way you can put that kind of money into an RB who gives as little as he does. Also think they should have either cut him or asked him to take a pay cut this year. 

Clearly they don’t agree.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 09:12 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Clearly they don’t agree.

I mean we'll see in a year if he's here again on this contract
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 11:59 AM)TheFan Wrote: I mean we'll see in a year if he's here again on this contract

I have no clue on ‘24. Just know he’s been solid for ‘23. Little cap hit in ‘24. His performance in ‘23 will dictate ‘24.

Reply/Quote
Schefter just tweeted we are one of his 3 options along with the jets and eagles.

Please no ffs
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 04:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Schefter just tweeted we are one of his 3 options along with the jets and eagles.

Please no ffs

Zeke being RB2 for dirt cheap and cutting Mixon and drafting a RB wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
RB1 Jahmyr Gibbs
RB2 Zeke Elliot
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 04:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Schefter just tweeted we are one of his 3 options along with the jets and eagles.

Please no ffs

What’s the issue of it’s just the desk we offered Perine?

Dude is still a great pass protector and can still run well.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Please no ffs

Oh, so this is real? I was thinking it was just OSU hope or something. Zeke has fell off running the ball but is good in pass protection.

Pretty much a Perine for cheaper? I would be fine as long as we cut Mixon and add a RB like Spears in the Draft.

(03-23-2023, 04:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Zeke being RB2 for dirt cheap and cutting Mixon and drafting a RB wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

True, would save us money and we could add a talented RB that can also pass block.
Reply/Quote