Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman denied access
(04-22-2019, 02:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's typically the conservatives that don't want public platforms to inhibit freedoms, as they see it.

Actually conservatives hate free speech that they don't agree with.  

They want people fired for kneeling during the national anthem.

They don't want schools to talk about any form of birth control except abstinence.

They don't want schools to talk about homosexuality.

They want to boycott stores that say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".
(04-22-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, most conservatives fall on the side of free enterprise being able to select their customer base; as long as it doesn't break the CRA.

"Even if it does break the CRA" if the CRA is expanded to cover people they want to discriminate against.
(04-19-2019, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't ask what they can do.

(04-19-2019, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do we think of this:

That's literally the first six words.
(04-23-2019, 01:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's literally the first six words.

I'll defend bfine on this (as long as I'm not accused of putting words in his mouth).

I *think* he meant "They are allowed to do this, but do how do you all feel about them doing it?"

To which most of the responses were: "They are allowed and so be it."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-23-2019, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll defend bfine on this (as long as I'm not accused of putting words in his mouth).

I *think* he meant "They are allowed to do this, but do how do you all feel about them doing it?"

To which most of the responses were: "They are allowed and so be it."

When I read, "What do we think of this" I thought he literally meant what do we think about this.  But, the first person to write what they thought about this was issued a warning by the Thought Police, "I didn't ask what they can do."  Yeah, you asked what we thought and someone told you.  I guess next time I'll pay less attention to the words.
(04-22-2019, 02:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's typically the conservatives that don't want public platforms to inhibit freedoms, as they see it.

I'm probably jaded by personal experience, but I'd disagree. Professionally, I'd say I was approached by conservatives (or at least those falling in that camp) much higher rates. From asking to run proProhibiton stories to calling for us to stops usiug copy from an openly gay reporter to criticizing how much coverage we gave to Democrats v republicans (all at three different local papers where Democrats we're 80-100 percent the office holders).