Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
added a lb
Bengals claimed LB Joe Bachie who was waived by the Eagles. Bachie is in his 2nd year out of Michigan State. He was a UDFA on the Saints PS for most of the 2020 season before being signed by the Eagles. He played 4 games with them...mostly special teams.

We'll see if he is just a camp body or if he can hang on for a roster spot

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Here's a link just in case nobody believes it.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/26/22455548/joe-bachie-bengals-eagles-news-rumors-nfl-free-agents-2021?fbclid=IwAR3aiP5pEbczrrOoHf9UYDzj6azodXhkjT9d18dAmD4uPSQuUhirkOhSRMk
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Here's a link just in case nobody believes it.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/26/22455548/joe-bachie-bengals-eagles-news-rumors-nfl-free-agents-2021?fbclid=IwAR3aiP5pEbczrrOoHf9UYDzj6azodXhkjT9d18dAmD4uPSQuUhirkOhSRMk

Thanks, because I was thinking there's no way in hell this team signed Joe Bachie
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks, because I was thinking there's no way in hell this team signed Joe Bachie

I was in disbelief myself. Thought we had reached our roster limit on Joes.
Reply/Quote
Not a bad signing really. He was a tackling machine at MSU and we could use depth and competition at LB for sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I was in disbelief myself. Thought we had reached our roster limit on Joes.

I know we've exceeded our limit on Tre/Trey/Trae/Tray 

Reply/Quote
nice camp body at a position of need, as I see our Lb's now at:

Pratt, Wilson, Davis-Gaither, Bailey, Evans.
-Bachie probably has a good chance at staying on the PS

Ossai and Hubert might end up being listed as a LB by Game 1, but for now their DE's
Reply/Quote
I’m sorry but when we go into next offseason needing a linebacker it’s cuz we sign and bring in guys like this. I remember all the morons in here were really high on bachie and here he is on waivers lol
Reply/Quote
I never watched the guy play, but the NFL.com scouting report says he had good instincts, was a tackling machine, can shed blocks, and is good enough athletically to handle some zone coverage.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m sorry but when we go into next offseason needing a linebacker it’s cuz we sign and bring in guys like this.  I remember all the morons in here were really high on bachie and here he is on waivers lol

If we go into next offseason needing a LB, it's because Pratt, Wilson, and ADG didn't develop properly.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If we go into next offseason needing a LB, it's because Pratt, Wilson, and ADG didn't develop properly.

Accurately stated.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If we go into next offseason needing a LB, it's because Pratt, Wilson, and ADG didn't develop properly.

Which are all mid tier mid round linebackers. Just like bachie. These guys are not studs. We continue to waste everyone’s time at the linebacker spot
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 07:01 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Which are all mid tier mid round linebackers.  Just like bachie.  These guys are not studs.  We continue to waste everyone’s time at the linebacker spot

So, since you seem to have an answer for everything, or more accurately, a criticism for everything, whom would you rather the Bengals not selected, in what round, and for what LB?

Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 07:01 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Which are all mid tier mid round linebackers.  Just like bachie.  These guys are not studs.  We continue to waste everyone’s time at the linebacker spot

Pratt was the 4th LB taken in his draft class, Wilson was the 6th in his...

Reply/Quote
He has a shot if he can contribute to special teams. This smells like a Simmons move. One of his young lb's will be taking Bynes snaps, so he needs the legs.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I never watched the guy play, but the NFL.com scouting report says he had good instincts, was a tackling machine, can shed blocks, and is good enough athletically to handle some zone coverage.

Just not good enough to stay on a team  Whatever
Reply/Quote

Most of the top LBs in the league were all selected between 2nd and 4th rounds.
None of those guys were great LBs coming in. They had some good traits, but they had things they needed to improve.
If you really want a guy who is going to be a stud LB, it needs to be someone picked up in FA and it will need to be for $10+ mill a year.
But the Bengals' scheme isn't designed to make LB a focal point, so that's never going to happen.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know we've exceeded our limit on Tre/Trey/Trae/Tray 

Lets go back to the Johnson's
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m sorry but when we go into next offseason needing a linebacker it’s cuz we sign and bring in guys like this.  I remember all the morons in here were really high on bachie and here he is on waivers lol

Oh look!  It's Mr. Happy!

Hi Mr. Happy!
Reply/Quote
I can't complain. Nice addition at this point.

Reply/Quote