Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.44 Average
burrows aint true elite yet
(01-30-2023, 04:34 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Start over,
Define Elite.

Go on, give us your definition of what makes someone an Elite QB.

we can't argue this vague definition that only you seem to know. Lay it out there so we can prove it one way or another.

if you can't then what makes your opinion better than someone else's

being elite in playoffs games. having you be the main reason you team wins some playoff games. eluvating your play in the postseason to more than just ok to good. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:22 AM)Leon Wrote: wrong sir. the line played fairly well against las vegas and kc last year.

and Burrow won both of those games didn't he?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:43 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: and Burrow won both of those games didn't he?

yes, and he played good in both, but it the defense who stepped up and won those games. macpherson was elite in the playoffs last year for example and super clutch
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:46 AM)Leon Wrote: yes, and he played good in both, but it the defense who stepped up and won those games. macpherson was elite in the playoffs last year for example and super clutch

You should spend less time in P&R, and more time in JN. You just might learn some of our core players names.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:46 AM)Leon Wrote: yes, and he played good in both, but it the defense who stepped up and won those games. macpherson was elite in the playoffs last year for example and super clutch

Bengals scored 20 points tonight. If as you suggest Joe struggled who stepped up on offense? and how?

Or are you making a knee jerk reaction to a loss?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:42 AM)Leon Wrote: being elite in playoffs games. having you be the main reason you team wins some playoff games. eluvating your play in the postseason to more than just ok to good. 

Give me a name of a QB you consider elite winning playoff games by himself behind this year and last year Oline. You talked about last year KC game and that OL was so bad he had to run for himself and miraculously escaped Jones. I consider Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert elite. I already saw Mahomes behind a bad Oline and how that turned out. Allen last week doing bad. The only one left is Herbert and with his skillset he also need a decent Oline.

I agree Burrow is not #1 QB or God like QB. But to call him not good or elite and when you plug in other elite QBs, do you think they can win those games by themselves?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:42 AM)Leon Wrote: being elite in playoffs games. having you be the main reason you team wins some playoff games. eluvating your play in the postseason to more than just ok to good. 

Seriously? Are you a disgruntled Ravens fan??

This is only his second time to the playoffs. First time he went to the SB and the second time was very close to going again with a O line made outta swiss cheese.

After Decades of not even one playoff win I think its awesome that the Bengals are serious contenders..

Now.. if 5 to 10 years down the road Burrow and company still haven't won at least won at least one SB then I might begin to agree with you..
Reply/Quote
I thought this guy was done?

Trolls say they're done, then come back shortly to troll some more. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
OP so no good rightin’ me can’t read it and understand.

Get rid of this moronic St.Troll.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I thought this guy was done?

Trolls say they're done, then come back shortly to troll some more. 

Same ones say it is rigged each week also make posts about why we will win each week. Just strange.

Burrow is elite when his O-line is marginal. I think the O-line was not great this year, but we’re better than last year. Then lost those who did play. You can’t do anything like that. Remember Mahomes lost that Super Bowl when his O-line was reduced to strip club bouncers.

It is the playoffs. You tend to see pretty good defenses there. At the very least, you need a good Oline. Bengals had nothing.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow may not have a MVP, SBMVP or SB but I would place him top 5 if not top 3 qbs in the league.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is top 3, probably top 2 currently behind Mahomes. Burrow is still working with a bad O-line (this time from injuries) while Mahomes has one of the best O-lines in the league. Burrow is elite. Only 1 team wins a Super Bowl a year. Burrow has been to the AFC championship in his only two healthy years, and the ONLY team playing on par/better with them the last 2 years combined is KC.
Reply/Quote

very ambiguous response, name an Elite QB?
Reply/Quote
[quote='Destro' pid='1327192' dateline='1675080115']

Same ones say it is rigged each week also make posts about why we will win each week. Just strange.

This is just a wrong statement.
Reply/Quote
If elite is framed as winning the Super Bowl, then I guess the OP can push the "I Win" button; however, I think that's taking the easy way out when analyzing a QBs-worth or Burrow's thus far short career.

The eye test and his numbers tell me he's a top NFL QB. I think he'll get a title one day.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:40 AM)Leon Wrote: but look how bad he was against north this year to. he just aint been elite when he needs to be. thank God for lou an our defense the last 2 years. im really nervous about giving him so much money an losing good players to do it. 

I'm confused, which isn't unusual. Who is north? And , if as you state on another thread, the NFL is rigged, did Borrow(s) throw those interceptions by design?
Reply/Quote
Burrow had a rough night, and it's okay to say so. He isn't elite yet, he's had 2 opportunities to take the crown in the last two years and didn't. He may not even be the best QB in the 2020 class and I'm not talking Herbert. If Hurts wins a Superbowl, then the debate is over. Hurts would have likely locked up the MVP as well if he didn't miss 2 games. It's just how the cookie crumbles for the Bengals. Better root for KC if you don't want to hear about Hurts being the darling and steal of the draft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow had a rough night, and it's okay to say so. He isn't elite yet, he's had 2 opportunities to take the crown in the last two years and didn't. He may not even be the best QB in the 2020 class and I'm not talking Herbert. If Hurts wins a Superbowl, then the debate is over. Hurts would have likely locked up the MVP as well if he didn't miss 2 games. It's just how the cookie crumbles for the Bengals. Better root for KC if you don't want to hear about Hurts being the darling and steal of the draft.

Oy, I didn't even think of that.  I'll be amazed if Burrow doesn't win a SB here, but at the same time it's pretty standard for the first QB taken to win fewer SBs than a QB taken later in his class by an organization that has, and I can't believe the Eagles finally qualify for this, won the SB before.

Anyways, we know the Eagles would trade Burrow for Hurts in a second so it's just noise noise noise.  That's the blessing and curse of that 1st overall pick QB...he's gotta win and win a lot because people can always say "Well, you could have had (other QB taken later) and a bunch of picks, instead."
Reply/Quote

Imagine expecting “elite QB” play with these pressure numbers. I think we beat them by more than a FG with a healthy OL.

Reply/Quote
Burrow's "elite" love comes from his confidence and clutch play. His clutch play took a hit last night. Physically, I don't think Burrow has elite traits, mentally you can argue he does, but you didn't see that last night. His "confidence" will soon turn to arrogance and cocky if he fails in the clutch. That's the danger of having all your eggs in that basket as a player.

He held the ball long a lot last night. Forgot what got him there (quick decisions and getting the ball out quick even if only to a rb).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote