Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.44 Average
burrows aint true elite yet
(01-30-2023, 03:46 AM)Science Friction Wrote: It's Hurts

And Burrow.

Not that hard.

(01-30-2023, 04:10 AM)Leon Wrote: even though he attacked me for a simple spelling mistake ill defend him. its just a mistake. everyone makes them cause no ones perfect

Hurts is not MY QB and my sentence was "Hurt(s) is..." thus the typo, not "Hurt aint", which I would have caught.  And Science can bite me.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:46 AM)Leon Wrote: yes, and he played good in both, but it the defense who stepped up and won those games. macpherson was elite in the playoffs last year for example and super clutch

And that is why football is a TEAM sport.  It isn't like they are playing scrub opponents in the playoffs, they are playing very good teams.  The defense and McPherson did their job,  Joe did his job when he got McPherson into his range in order to kick those winning field goals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow had a rough night, and it's okay to say so. He isn't elite yet, he's had 2 opportunities to take the crown in the last two years and didn't. He may not even be the best QB in the 2020 class and I'm not talking Herbert. If Hurts wins a Superbowl, then the debate is over. Hurts would have likely locked up the MVP as well if he didn't miss 2 games. It's just how the cookie crumbles for the Bengals. Better root for KC if you don't want to hear about Hurts being the darling and steal of the draft.

Its really pretty simple..If Burrow had a oline like Hurts 3 pro bowler oline Burrow would be in the SB.

KC also has 3 pro bowlers on its oline.

Burrow has the talent to do it..Get Burrow a Eagles / KC type oline and Cinci will have its first SB win..
Reply/Quote
I don't know what the rules are for being elite. Is it stats? Wins? Playoffs? All I know is that Burrow in his short 3 years has accomplished more than any other Bengals qb has. Division crown 2 years in a row. check. Most tds in a season, check. Most accurate passer, check. Road playoff wins, check. Going to the playoffs back to back seasons and winning, check. Making to AFCG 2 years in a row, check. Oh and before I forget, leading this team, check.

He's 3-1 against Patty Mahomes. Brought the team back from being down 3 scores in last year's AFCG to win. If the oline would have held in the SB, we would have won that too.

His teammates have taken on his personality and we have only known success since. He's elite in my eyes and to me that's all that matters.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:38 PM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Its really pretty simple..If Burrow had a oline like Hurts 3 pro bowler oline Burrow would be in the SB.

KC also has 3 pro bowlers on its oline.

Burrow has the talent to do it..Get Burrow a Eagles / KC type oline and Cinci will have its first SB win..

We are incapable of having an oline like KC or Philly.  Our guys cannot draft oline.

Reply/Quote
Dude is elite, the o-line in front of him was horse crap the majority of the time.

I don't care if Clark ***** Kent is your QB.

Subpar oline play will not lead you to the promise land.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Going into 2023 it’ll be Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, then everyone else
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We are incapable of having an oline like KC or Philly.  Our guys cannot recruit oline.

Truth.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:20 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Dude is elite, the o-line in front of him was horse crap the majority of the time.

Yep. 100%
Reply/Quote
He has set multiple franchise and NFL records. Appeared in the AFC championship game, the Super Bowl, or both two out of his first three seasons despite not finishing one season due to knee reconstructive surgery and starting another after emergency appendectomy.

This is why I never pay attention to online reviews.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:35 AM)Leon Wrote: like i been saying since last year he dont play great in playoffs. he just manages to be ok and leans on defence to wins games in playoffs. he had 2 big picks today and couldnt lead them to a score with 2 minutes left. thats why i tell folks to ease up on the elite talkn just yet. elite guys come up big in playoffs an have huge games. burrows hasnt yet. im very disappointed in his play today.

Yeah Burrow wasn't that great against the Chiefs. I think where he struggled was he started dropping his eyes again but the pressure was getting home. I think if we protected better we would've won and he would've played better. I think what lost us the game is Zac and his struggles with situational football and inability to read the flow of the game at times.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:35 AM)Leon Wrote: like i been saying since last year he dont play great in playoffs. he just manages to be ok and leans on defence to wins games in playoffs. he had 2 big picks today and couldnt lead them to a score with 2 minutes left. thats why i tell folks to ease up on the elite talkn just yet. elite guys come up big in playoffs an have huge games. burrows hasnt yet. im very disappointed in his play today.

So the rabble rouser strikes again.

See ya next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:20 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Dude is elite, the o-line in front of him was horse crap the majority of the time.

Clearly you missed seeing Clark Kent as QB of the Smallville Crows in "Smallville." Smirk
Reply/Quote
Can’t believe this thread has gone on for over 233 posts. Skimmed the first page, went to the end and moving on.
Reply/Quote
Guys, he’s not wrong. When’s the last time Burrow had a full drive in the final 2-3 minutes to win us a game? I’ll wait……

This is now two years in a row our season has ended with Burrow having the ball with around 2 minutes to go. A field goal gets us to OT in the SB and wins us the game this time. He could deliver neither time. The best quarterbacks do that. I don’t wanna hear his cocky bullshit anymore until he wins us games when it matters most. He’s very good but he’s not top 5. He can’t sniff Mahomes jock strap.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:07 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: Guys, he’s not wrong. When’s the last time Burrow had a full drive in the final 2-3 minutes to win us a game? I’ll wait……

This is now two years in a row our season has ended with Burrow having the ball with around 2 minutes to go. A field goal gets us to OT in the SB and wins us the game this time. He could deliver neither time. The best quarterbacks do that. I don’t wanna hear his cocky bullshit anymore until he wins us games when it matters most. He’s very good but he’s not top 5. He can’t sniff Mahomes jock strap.

[Image: thats-bait-mad-max.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: thats-bait-mad-max.gif]

What gave it away?  The two posts to his name or the overt Mahomes ball-licking?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:07 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: Guys, he’s not wrong. When’s the last time Burrow had a full drive in the final 2-3 minutes to win us a game? I’ll wait……

Are you Tittie Meat from Chiefs Planet?
Reply/Quote

I'm curious, currently who would you consider the QB's ahead of Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:43 AM)Leon Wrote: yessir. not brady or montana at all. i hope folks will stop with that sillyness now

Go troll somewhere else. Haters are going to hate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote