Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
coach of the week Zac?
Taking a fourteen loss team into the final week with nothing to win and had them playing with fire and executing a good game plan is a positive going into 2020. Every poster who has tried to run him out of town on a rail should at least recognize that this team never quit in any game this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:51 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Taking a fourteen loss team into the final week with nothing to win and had them playing with fire and executing a good game plan is a positive going into 2020. Every poster who has tried to run him out of town on a rail should at least recognize that this team never quit in any game this year.

I've pointed that out several times. When playing for Zac, there is no quit in this team (the same team that laid down on Marvin last year). That says a lot about a head coach. 
Reply/Quote
The "no quit" stuff only goes so far. If there's no significant improvement next season this could all change on a dime. It may just be more testament to the players than the coach. The players are mostly struggling to keep jobs and the money flowing to their bank accounts. It's kind of a chicken and egg question when you get down to it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We never quit and we got last place. Props all around.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We never quit and we got last place.  Props all around.

We never quit and got Joe Burrow. Pessimist :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We never quit and got Joe Burrow. Pessimist :andy:

Can't wait to see what Burrow can do with a coach who does his best and goes 2-14.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't wait to see what Burrow can do with a coach who does his best and goes 2-14.  

Me neither.... 9 wins minimum.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Me neither.... 9 wins minimum.

I picked 8 this year so ill say 10 next year. Hell, I guarantee we make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I picked 8 this year so ill say 10 next year. Hell, I guarantee we make the playoffs.

I said AFC Championship this year, but that was before we lost Green, Boling and Williams
Reply/Quote
You want to give the Coach of the Week award to a guy who beat a 6-10 team at home, in a meaningless game with zero playoff implications?

I mean, let's look at this logically. Yes, it was a nice way to close out the year. But just look at these couple other wins...

-The Niners just beat the Seahawks IN SEATTLE to not only win the West but to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs.

-The Titans beat a 10-5 Texans team IN HOUSTON 35-14 in a must win game to put them in the playoffs.

Do you honestly believe Taylor is more deserving than these coaches? I understand wanting to give some props, appreciating ending on a high note, looking on the bright-side...I get that. But I don't get creating ridiculous talking points.

I honestly wonder is some post without thinking at all or if they're just oblivious to the rest of the league. What a laughable talking point it is for him to be considered for coach of the week.

Be better.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I said AFC Championship this year, but that was before we lost Green, Boling and Williams

So in your mind we are letting a QB who can take us deep into the playoffs leave?  Wouldnt you rather take Chase Young and make a push that way with AJ and Jonah healthy?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:51 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Taking a fourteen loss team into the final week with nothing to win and had them playing with fire and executing a good game plan is a positive going into 2020. Every poster who has tried to run him out of town on a rail should at least recognize that this team never quit in any game this year.

Efforts were up and down all year long.
Reply/Quote
Zac definitely wins coach of the week in the state of Ohio hands down.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Zac definitely wins coach of the week in the state of Ohio hands down.

well hes the only one left.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So in your mind we are letting a QB who can take us deep into the playoffs leave?  Wouldnt you rather take Chase Young and make a push that way with AJ and Jonah healthy?

Hard to imagine dalton ever winning a playoff game, anywhere TBH.

He seems to wilt under the bright lights more often than not... but of course, that also could have been on Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:57 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hard to imagine dalton ever winning a playoff game, anywhere TBH.

He seems to wilt under the bright lights more often than not... but of course, that also could have been on Marvin Lewis.

Palmer shook the prime time and playoff bug (at least for one win) when he left here.  But he could also beat the Steelers at times, too.  Hard to point to one factor but I could see Dalton being semi relevant elsewhere.  
Reply/Quote
If you're going to choose a crappy team for your Coach of the Week, why wouldn't you choose a coach who at least beat a GOOD team?

Miami beat the Patriots and knocked them out of the First Round Bye.

- - - - - - -

Alternatively if you want to choose a coach from a good team...

49ers beat the Seahawks and clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs with the #1 seed.
Titans crushed the AJ McCarron Texans to clinch playoffs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You want to give the Coach of the Week award to a guy who beat a 6-10 team at home, in a meaningless game with zero playoff implications?

I mean, let's look at this logically.  Yes, it was a nice way to close out the year. But just look at these couple other wins...

-The Niners just beat the Seahawks IN SEATTLE to not only win the West but to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs.

-The Titans beat a 10-5 Texans team IN HOUSTON 35-14 in a must win game to put them in the playoffs.

Do you honestly believe Taylor is more deserving than these coaches?  I understand wanting to give some props, appreciating ending on a high note, looking on the bright-side...I get that. But I don't get creating ridiculous talking points.

I honestly wonder is some post without thinking at all or if they're just oblivious to the rest of the league. What a laughable talking point it is for him to be considered for coach of the week.

Be better.
This is the Jungle noise section not the nfl section. I was merely pointing out that Zac has been barbecued here for months by haters who refuse to acknowledge he came into a no win situation when he was hired. Then he lost Green Glenn, Boling, and Ross  and still lost NINE games by seven points or less. Things happen for a reason and maybe the reason is we were destined to draft Burrow and with Zac would turn the franchise around and give us a whole new team. I believe you need to be a better fan and quit being so pessimistic. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:07 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: This is the Jungle noise section not the nfl section. I was merely pointing out that Zac has been barbecued here for months by haters who refuse to acknowledge he came into a no win situation when he was hired. Then he lost Green Glenn, Boling, and Ross  and still lost NINE games by seven points or less. Things happen for a reason and maybe the reason is we were destined to draft Burrow and with Zac would turn the franchise around and give us a whole new team. I believe you need to be a better fan and quit being so pessimistic. 

Drafting Burrow is our density.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you're going to choose a crappy team for your Coach of the Week, why wouldn't you choose a coach who at least beat a GOOD team?

Miami beat the Patriots and knocked them out of the First Round Bye.

- - - - - - -

Alternatively if you want to choose a coach from a good team...

49ers beat the Seahawks and clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs with the #1 seed.
Titans crushed the AJ McCarron Texans to clinch playoffs.
All three teams beat teams without their starters or were playing lesser teams. While the Bengals played the Battle of Ohio and beat a team who had six times the wins the Bengals had. Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote