Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cut guys you'd like added?
(09-02-2018, 05:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: interesting that you make that assumption since  they have not even played a game yet under this regime  lol  though im not a big fan of Gruden myself

i think Sharpe would be weaker than what we have.. seems light and got pushed around from my buddy input out in Raider land. i would maybe take a flyer on Silberman and move on from Westerman or Redmond
Sharpe was damn near 370 this spring. I doubt he is light.

I dont know where Antonio Garcia's health is. If healthy which he should be since he played in a preseason game. I would rather have him. If Hart Fisher and Ogbuehi prove to be who they have been I want anothrr one of these young guys with potential around to try out. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Where did I say I want every player I listed? I'm trying to prove an overall point about decent players being cut in August.

Typical condescending post from you. Disregarded.

This is all subjective. I think the o-linemen I listed are worth looking at. I assume you think Hopkins and Ogbuehi are better. No way to prove who is right really. I think you're overstating the problem with linemen a bit. 

You could make an argument that blocking has been worse league-wide, but our team has been far worse than most in that department...so we should be actively searching to improve via any means. I'm pretty sure that Hopkins, Ogbuehi, Fisher and Hart would all be viewed as red flag guys if they were on the market rn. 

Hopkins would be viewed as irrelevant, Ogbuehi and Fisher as busts, and Hart as a very low-end spot starter. So why aren't we judging guys like Cooper and Siragusa against what we actually have (which isn't much)?

To me, we have to remember that the season starts in a week.  There may be some OL out there that are marginally better players than some of the guys we currently have, but they don't know the system and don't have any chemistry with our current guys.  Some of these guys might've been worth a look if they had shook free before training camp, but there's nobody out there that I am confident enough that they are a sure fire upgrade to make room for on the OL.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've seen you release you inner Fred a few times defending Bullock.  :andy:

For the record I have no problem with Randy.

[Image: 2ee7761d3a576d19b1cc80270b328afc.jpg]

(09-02-2018, 04:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well he was cut for a reason sounds like struggling from injury so cant st at this point he is better than Bullock especially if you have to pay more $$ that can be used elsewhere . As I stated we have other areas more important and the three areas I listed are where I would focus at.

He was signed to a 7 year, $22.5 million contract and the Cowboys saved $3.4 million against the cap by cutting him. 

Now I'm not saying the prior injury didn't play into it at all, but the money certainly was a big factor. It usually is when vet kickers get the ax.

(09-02-2018, 04:34 PM)McC Wrote: Doesn't look like we're doing anything so it's all a moot point.

Yep. Sadly, I do think there are upgrades if they were willing to move.

(09-02-2018, 05:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I wasn't speaking about you, but in general the "anyone but Bullock" sentiment that seems to permeate this board at times.

I've never understood the hate for the guy. He's chubby and he beat out the legendary Jake Elliott. Oh, and his kicks aren't pretty. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote