Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
dalton and mccaron talk plus conspiracy theories
I get a kick out of "Dalton lovers" being some sort of insult. I do not understand why all Bengals fans don't love the guy.

Since Dalton was drafted, all he's done is help the Bengals to a winning record every season, help the Bengals to the playoffs every season, improve his game almost every season, set Bengals single season passing records, and help turn the franchise around. Whether people want to admit it or not, Dalton is definitely part of the reason the Bengals have been seen as contenders. That's just his on the field stuff. That doesn't include what he does for the community.

I'm not saying Dalton is without flaw, but it amazes me the amount of Bengals fans who don't like the guy. There truly isn't anything not to like. If Dalton played in a larger market or had helped turn a more popular franchise around, he'd be a media darling. Even without a playoff victory, there are several teams that had he done the same thing with their franchise he wouldn't be able to get the media off his knob.

For some reason, he's not what some Bengals fan want. He didn't go to the right college, he didn't play in the right BCS conference, he's not the right height, his arm isn't what they think it should be, and the list goes on.

Not to be cliche or outright rip off a movie, but he may not be the QB Bengals fans want, but he is the QB they need. He has done so much more good than bad for this franchise and fan base, but still has to deal with being overly scrutinized. Of the Bengals QBs, Dalton is the one I would be worried about moving on from and then watching him do well elsewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol I already expected these responses, I think I see one good response up there.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:24 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I get a kick out of "Dalton lovers" being some sort of insult. I do not understand why all Bengals fans don't love the guy.

Since Dalton was drafted, all he's done is help the Bengals to a winning record every season, help the Bengals to the playoffs every season, improve his game almost every season, set Bengals single season passing records, and help turn the franchise around. Whether people want to admit it or not, Dalton is definitely part of the reason the Bengals have been seen as contenders. That's just his on the field stuff. That doesn't include what he does for the community.

I'm not saying Dalton is without flaw, but it amazes me the amount of Bengals fans who don't like the guy. There truly isn't anything not to like. If Dalton played in a larger market or had helped turn a more popular franchise around, he'd be a media darling. Even without a playoff victory, there are several teams that had he done the same thing with their franchise he wouldn't be able to get the media off his knob.

For some reason, he's not what some Bengals fan want. He didn't go to the right college, he didn't play in the right BCS conference, he's not the right height, his arm isn't what they think it should be, and the list goes on.

Not to be cliche or outright rip off a movie, but he may not be the QB Bengals fans want, but he is the QB they need. He has done so much more good than bad for this franchise and fan base, but still has to deal with being overly scrutinized. Of the Bengals QBs, Dalton is the one I would be worried about moving on from and then watching him do well elsewhere.

Well that's been talked about extensevily through these sites. Like I said I like dalton as a guy. Sometimes I've liked how he's played some times not. I even thought mccaron was boring to watch last year. I asked a sports group of non bengal fans who would be better.  The answers was just as similiar as our own Bengal fans would be.50/50 answer. So this ain't just Bengal fans.once again all I care about is more  success for this team
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:20 PM)Fresno B Wrote: That quickest release crap means he not going thru progressions.

Not necessarily. Sometimes it means he's figured out where the weak spot of the defense is and he's decided where to throw the ball, before it's snapped. 

Something Boomer used to do, back in the day. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:20 PM)Fresno B Wrote: That quickest release crap means he not going thru progressions.

How can Andy Dalton go through progressions from the bottom of a pile of defensive linemen?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: How can Andy Dalton go through progressions from the bottom of a pile of defensive linemen?

Lol over exaggerated
Reply/Quote
This TEAM is not getting it done at the moment not just lets swap out one QB for another and we're sorted!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not necessarily. Sometimes it means he's figured out where the weak spot of the defense is and he's decided where to throw the ball, before it's snapped. 

Something Boomer used to do, back in the day. 

It's something all good QB's do. Andy, with his quick realease, has done well in the past to help mask average Oline play but in my opinion this year is different because of one thing, continuity. I truly believe The new blood (Boyd, lafell, uzomah, kroft) aren't doing things exactly right yet and aren't in the right spots all of the time. Yes the numbers for some of these guys aren't all bad butI think that's a testament to Daltons abilities as a QB. The fact of the matter is that if a QB doesn't have FULL trust in his guys to make ALL the right reads AND be in all the right spots ALL of the time, then he can't be as decisive. Being indecisive at all with a bad Oline is bad.

Let's face it, considering our porous Oline, without Andy, this team could very well be winless. Macaroni playing is far from the answer.

Reply/Quote

That quickest release "crap" had Dalton actually 2nd that year it became a topic of conversation. Who was better than him? Tom Brady.

"Tom Brady sucks, he releases too fast! He doesn't go through his progressions!"  -Said nobody, ever.

Besides, how did you manage to claw your way back into positive rep?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning never went through progressions either then. Oh noze!

(10-15-2016, 12:53 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol over exaggerated

2nd most sacks in the league, on pace for a franchise record 54. If that's an exaggeration, then I'd hate to see when it's not an exaggeration.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 07:32 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I've been talking alot about Dalton on Bengals sites and Facebook. I know Dalton lovers really hate me for talking about him in any way. Especially since the o line has been bad, and play calling has been looking bad. But remember when we had all the bad calls and alot of conspiracy theorist came out, including myself. There was alot of talk how the teams with the most fans usually get the calls and refs favor. Got to please the majority right? Well wouldn't it make sense if Mccaron was our qb if that theory is true? He brings all of roll tide with him. Which we know is a ton of people. I don't think Alabama even has a NFL team do they?

I'm just going to hate to see the guy go somewhere else and he wins big, and if we was still losing and we look like we let another get away. And believe me I like Dalton. But I treat my team like a business. It's about success and wins for my team. When we lose I get down and out, I get pissed too. Then the good parts of reading these Bengal sites is the jokes. All you can do is laugh about stuff to get through it. I thought dalton was great for the most part last year, I really was glad I was wrong about him. We went 8-0 and accomplished milestones during the season. BUT like I've discussed I'm kind of reverting back to not liking his game. I hate losing I'll say that. I just want to win and I don't care if it's dalton or mccaron, and I am a believer in the conspiracy stuff with the NFL. What's your thoughts?
If McCarran brings all if Alabama with him, then shouldn't Dalton be bringing the fine people of Katy and Forth Worth TX with him?

Hell Vontaze Burfict alone brings Los Angeles and Phoenix. Throw in Vincent Rey, and his supporters from New York City, and the Bengals easily have the largest fan base in the NFL.

But here's where you're wrong.... I'm a Buckeye, and Ryan Shazier and Cam Heywood can go **** themselves.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 01:39 PM)jason Wrote: But here's where you're wrong.... I'm a Buckeye, and Ryan Shazier and Cam Heywood can go **** themselves.

Yep, I'm a huge Buckeyes fan as well. But on their respective draft days, they went from buckeyes to giant pieces of human waste.

Reply/Quote
Over last 2 seasons:

Aaron Rodgers:
59.8% completion rate
6.61 Yards per attempt
234.9 yards per game
91.7 rating

Andy Dalton:
66.5% completion rate
8.29 yards per attempt
279.6 yards per game
103.0 rating

Dalton actually has more yards than Rodgers in 3 fewer games.

When I see these posts calling for McCarron to start and Nick Saban to be hired, I have to wonder where certain "unbiased" posters are and why they aren't calling out the silliness on both sides. If you're calling for a benching of a guy throwing up top 10 numbers for some guy on the bench that averaged 160 yards in 4 starts, you're being delusional.

And while it's possible that big fan bases get some calls, I don't think McCarron will bring as many fans as some think. Did Carson help us with all the USC nation? What about our Auburn, Michigan and LSU fans? This just seems like an excuse to legitimize a McCarron vs Dalton discussion.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 01:39 PM)jason Wrote: But here's where you're wrong.... I'm a Buckeye, and Ryan Shazier and Cam Heywood can go **** themselves.

I second that emotion.

This is the Bengals and that is college.

There are a lot of Ohio State fans on this forum and most would say Nugent can go F himself if he misses kicks for his own team.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 01:51 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yep, I'm a huge Buckeyes fan as well. But on their respective draft days, they went from buckeyes to giant pieces of human waste.
Remember when Santonio Holmes did the O-H-I-O at he crowd at PBS after he scored and ended our season in 2006? **** him too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 01:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: It's something all good QB's do. Andy, with his quick realease, has done well in the past to help mask average Oline play but in my opinion this year is different because of one thing, continuity. I truly believe The new blood (Boyd, lafell, uzomah, kroft) aren't doing things exactly right yet and aren't in the right spots all of the time. Yes the numbers for some of these guys aren't all bad butI think that's a testament to Daltons abilities as a QB. The fact of the matter is that  if a QB doesn't have FULL trust in his guys to make ALL the right reads AND be in all the right spots ALL of the time, then he can't be as decisive. Being indecisive at all with a bad Oline is bad.

Let's face it, considering our porous Oline, without Andy, this team could very well be winless. Macaroni playing is far from the answer.

Agreed on all points. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 01:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When I see these posts calling for McCarron to start and Nick Saban to be hired, I have to wonder where certain "unbiased" posters are and why they aren't calling out the silliness on both sides. If you're calling for a benching of a guy throwing up top 10 numbers for some guy on the bench that averaged 160 yards in 4 starts, you're being delusional.

And while it's possible that big fan bases get some calls, I don't think McCarron will bring as many fans as some think. Did Carson help us with all the USC nation? What about our Auburn, Michigan and LSU fans? This just seems like an excuse to legitimize a McCarron vs Dalton discussion.

You mean the like.. 10 people who popped up with McCarron avatars when Dalton went down?

BigSeph hasn't posted since August 30th, which is when the thread about Bridgewater going down and a possible McCarron trade came up.

He actually hasn't posted in a thread that DOESN'T have "McCarron" in it's title somewhere since January 14th, and his post was still about McCarron.

$5 says he shows back up instantly if Dalton goes down from injury, or puts up a 10 QB Rating or something. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 02:01 PM)jason Wrote: Remember when Santonio Holmes did the O-H-I-O at he crowd at PBS after he scored and ended our season in 2006? **** him too.

How could I forget. Now my favorite santonio holmes moment is this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bgb6Kwqfnzg

Reply/Quote
It's already been proven that in Baseball the home team gets favored by the umpires. I'm sure Football is no different in some cases.

It's already been proven that NBA referees have taken money to rig games. I'm sure that Football refs have been approached.

HBO's Real Sports had an entire segment on bribing, rigging and corruption in organized sports. Soccer was riddled with it and it was making its way to American sports as well.

The NFL isn't rigged, but it is filled with humans.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 02:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You mean the like.. 10 people who popped up with McCarron avatars when Dalton went down?

BigSeph hasn't posted since August 30th, which is when the thread about Bridgewater going down and a possible McCarron trade came up.

He actually hasn't posted in a thread that DOESN'T have "McCarron" in it's title somewhere since January 14th, and his post was still about McCarron.

$5 says he shows back up instantly if Dalton goes down from injury, or puts up a 10 QB Rating or something. Lol

Yeah, BigSeph, BayouBengal and a couple others. 
Reply/Quote