Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
dalton and mccaron talk plus conspiracy theories
(10-16-2016, 07:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pure comedy gold. Dalton was the main reason we were in the game until late.

103 rating.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: 103 rating.....

Yup. He was good enough to win most definitely.

We just couldn't run (well) and our defense couldn't get a stop in the 2nd half.

Brady was 7 of 11 for 62 yards before that late 2nd quarter TD. After that, he went 22 of 24 for 314 yards and 3 TDs. Hard to compete with that. Gronk had a career high in yardage.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. He was good enough to win most definitely.

We just couldn't run (well) and our defense couldn't get a stop in the 2nd half.

Brady was 7 of 11 for 62 yards before that late 2nd quarter TD. After that, he went 22 of 24 for 314 yards and 3 TDs. Hard to compete with that. Gronk had a career high in yardage.

We STILL can't cover a TE.  Shaw did nicely in the 1st half.  Was he out there in the 2nd half?  I was at a family function....and not paying THAT close attention.  All I saw was Gronk and Bennett going the eff off.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: We STILL can't cover a TE.  Shaw did nicely in the 1st half.  Was he out there in the 2nd half?  I was at a family function....and not paying THAT close attention.  All I saw was Gronk and Bennett going the eff off.

Seemed multiple players took turns covering Gronk. He burned Burfict big once. Dansby a couple times. Our corners - when on him - did a decent job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: We STILL can't cover a TE.  Shaw did nicely in the 1st half.  Was he out there in the 2nd half?  I was at a family function....and not paying THAT close attention.  All I saw was Gronk and Bennett going the eff off.

Did you really expect adding a LB who's almost 35, and trading out Williams for Nelson was going to change that fact?

Bengals have pretty much always had big slow LB. Dansby is like 250, Maualuga is at least 260, and Burfict is listed at 250, but he looks a lot bigger than that this year.

It is like Lewis is still living in his Baltimore memories, and never got the message that most good LB are smaller and faster now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seemed multiple players took turns covering Gronk. He burned Burfict big once. Dansby a couple times. Our corners - when on him - did a decent job.

I tthought so too. So.....in typical Bengals fashion....we quit rolling with what worked. Mellow

TheLeonardLeap
(10-16-2016, 10:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did you really expect adding a LB who's almost 35, and trading out Williams for Nelson was going to change that fact?

Bengals have pretty much always had big slow LB. Dansby is like 250, Maualuga is at least 260, and Burfict is listed at 250, but he looks a lot bigger than that this year.

It is like Lewis is still living in his Baltimore memories, and never got the message that most good LB are smaller and faster now.

Ha.....of course not.  But Shaw was having a fine game against them....then magically....the backers were back on them.  Stupid is as stupid does I guess.  We're going NOWHERE with this staff and the miser still with the last call.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the NFL probably realized he wouldn't be available for some of the first few weeks....like against the Jets, steelers, and Denver...so, yes.  

Every one always says "now way does Brown do this", but they forget that it is a three-headed machine now with Katie and Troy Blackburn, and Mike.  They are business people and are intelligent enough to realize that they have spent close to $7 million before to retain several coaches at the same time.  An investment of $8 million per year shows the world that you are not cheap and it doesn't impact the salary cap.  IMHO, I believe they would consider it if Harbaugh was not so outspoken.  If he was more like an Urban Meyer, I think they would consider it.  

And you, frankly, have no idea the mindset of Harbaugh (and neither do I), but I think the fact that his brother has a Super Bowl ring and he does not grinds him.  He has done a fantastic job at Michigan, but college coaching also includes recruiting and it is exhausting.  I think to come to the AFC North, against the likes of Tomlin, it would be an opportunity he would be very interested in, and there is no way this talent would be wasted.  

Unfortunately for your argument is the fact that Harbaugh says he likes recruiting, holding camps around the country, etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 07:54 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Hell Nick saban might want to come coach here just because of mccaron.

Hilarious
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:09 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Unfortunately for your argument is the fact that Harbaugh says he likes recruiting, holding camps around the country, etc.

Do you think it would help him to act like they are a nuisance to him?  His brother has a Super Bowl ring.  I think that would grind on him more than anything else.  

I honestly think he would do it.  For the talent level on this team?  Hell, yes.  And I think the NFL would love it.  I know I would.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 01:24 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If Dalton put up the stats that McCarron people would be calling for his head. McCarron had like a 60 passer rating that game not a 97 passer rating. The only reason why McCarron had even any scoring drives was because the defense put him on the Steelers side of the field. We would have had like 3 points the whole game if Landry Jones wouldn't have came in.

McCarron played super bad in the playoffs. If you just watched the game you would know that. He had a ton of fumbles and he was panicing in the pocket taking a lot of sacks. He had a 56% completion percentage and 5.1 yards per attempt. He played just as bad if not worse than Dalton, and the only saving grace he had was the defense putting him in great field position to make his stats look a lot better than he was playing even though his stats were complete garbage. Next time try to deal with facts and not your fantasy world.

As I was reading through this thread, I knew this was coming.

I went through drive by drive on another thread and pointed out the MULTIPLE drives that did NOT start in Steelers territory.  You simply ignored it, and apparently you still want to repeat your false claims.

You sir, are a proven liar, and you have a real big chip on your shoulder when it comes to AJ McCarron.  In fact you've gone so far as to post negative comments on AJ McCarron youtube videos, that's how much of a bizarre hatred you have for the guy, you little Einhorn.

Seek help.  Or at least be honest when critiquing someone's performance.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 07:46 PM)BigSeph Wrote: As I was reading through this thread, I knew this was coming.

I went through drive by drive on another thread and pointed out the MULTIPLE drives that did NOT start in Steelers territory.  You simply ignored it, and apparently you still want to repeat your false claims.

You sir, are a proven liar, and you have a real big chip on your shoulder when it comes to AJ McCarron.  In fact you've gone so far as to post negative comments on AJ McCarron youtube videos, that's how much of a bizarre hatred you have for the guy, you little Einhorn.

I actually corrected what you were trying to spin, but you ignored that. Nice try though. The McCarron youtube video was a cincy jungle video, so it's not like I was searching for that.

Sorry that I'm not riding McCarrons jock strap like you.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 07:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I actually corrected what you were trying to spin, but you ignored that. Nice try though. The McCarron youtube video was a cincy jungle video, so it's not like I was searching for that.

Sorry that I'm not riding McCarrons jock strap like you.

1) I posted every play of every drive, no spin was involved.  You got your falsehoods crammed back in your face.

2) Nice attempt at justifying your bizarre hatred of a backup QB in the NFL.

3) Not riding the guy's jock strap, I just think he's going to be a very good NFL QB and I correct ignorant people who think "he sucks he didn't do squat" when he got a chance last year.

He actually did pretty well, and there's a reason he was voted best backup QB in the NFL.

Laces out, Einhorn.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: I tthought so too. So.....in typical Bengals fashion....we quit rolling with what worked. Mellow

TheLeonardLeap

Ha.....of course not.  But Shaw was having a fine game against them....then magically....the backers were back on them.  Stupid is as stupid does I guess.  We're going NOWHERE with this staff and the miser still with the last call.

Not magic. Well, it might as well be magic to Bengals fans, I suppose. It's this mythical thing called half time adjustments and gameplanning to put your players in the best spot to succeed.

(10-18-2016, 07:46 PM)BigSeph Wrote: As I was reading through this thread, I knew this was coming.

[Image: fishing-bite.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 07:56 PM)BigSeph Wrote: 1) I posted every play of every drive, no spin was involved.  You got your falsehoods crammed back in your face.

2) Nice attempt at justifying your bizarre hatred of a backup QB in the NFL.

3) Not riding the guy's jock strap, I just think he's going to be a very good NFL QB and I correct ignorant people who think "he sucks he didn't do squat" when he got a chance last year.

He actually did pretty well, and there's a reason he was voted best backup QB in the NFL.

Laces out, Einhorn.

1) Why don't you dig up those posts and post them here then?

2) Sorry that I watch cincy jungle youtube videos? lol

3) You're pretty much McCarrons jockey you ride his nuts so hard. He was pretty bad last year too.

McCarron isn't anywhere close to the best backup in the league. Not even close.

Don't hurt yourself praying to your McCarron shrine.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:34 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Well that's been talked about extensevily through these sites. Like I said I like dalton as a guy. Sometimes I've liked how he's played some times not. I even thought mccaron was boring to watch last year. I asked a sports group of non bengal fans who would be better.  The answers was just as similiar as our own Bengal fans would be.50/50 answer. So this ain't just Bengal fans.once again all I care about is more  success for this team

If you care about success then you want this team to keep Dalton since he has moved his game to be a top tier QB , he has a 97 passer rating, has thrown for over 1,700 yards , 6 TDs to just 2 Ints.. why would you want to go to an unproven QB in AJ ?? makes no sense
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 08:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 1) Why don't you dig up those posts and post them here then?

2) Sorry that I watch cincy jungle youtube videos? lol

3) You're pretty much McCarrons jockey you ride his nuts so hard. He was pretty bad last year too.

McCarron isn't anywhere close to the best backup in the league. Not even close.

Don't hurt yourself praying to your McCarron shrine.

On the topic of backups, dang there have been some impressive ones this year. Dak Prescott and Sam Bradford have been tearing it up.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 08:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: On the topic of backups, dang there have been some impressive ones this year. Dak Prescott and Sam Bradford have been tearing it up.

Jimmy Garoppolo, Brian Hoyer, and Trevor Semen all looked pretty good too when they played this year.
Reply/Quote