Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
dalton and mccaron talk plus conspiracy theories
My problem with Dalton is we have AJ Green running deep routes and he can't throw a good deep pass like Macaroni. I know that is only one piece of the offense, but defenses know it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 09:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Goddamn.....Facebook?  LMFAO......did we seriously just enter Facebook likes as a barometer on judging QBs?  FFS.....I gotta take back a post from last week about the dumbest thing I ever read on the internet....holy shit!

Also.....hasn't Saban already had his ass kicked once in the NFL? Yeah.....thought so.  I'm all for Marvin Lewis hitting the bricks...and Aaron Rodgers coming to quarterback....but neither are happening soon.  Dalton is just better....there is no magical and mysterious "love".  The sumbitch is just BETTER.  Hell fire man.....

Lol nice to see you turned that around me saying Facebook likes determine how good a qb is, never said that. Someone said why isn't Katy Texas behind dalton. I don't know they just really wasn't on Facebook. Aj mccaron has thousands of Alabama fans behind him. I didn't say it dtermines his play, I'm talking about popularity. It's about pointless to argue with dalton lovers I see. Lol have it your guys ways. And for the record I know we have other issues. I fault the coaching more then anything. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If Dalton, who traditionally has one of the quickest releases in the NFL, is barely able to perform behind this offensive line, it boggles my mind how anyone could think that McCarron would fair any better.

If this cluster ***k continues much longer. Let's threaten Mikey/FO to bring in a bona fide HC for next season. Once the FO does that (to our satisfaction) then let's consider the Dalton/McCarron issue. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 11:27 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My problem with Dalton is we have AJ Green running deep routes and he can't throw a good deep pass like Macaroni. I know that is only one piece of the offense, but defenses know it.

...3 of McCarron's 4 starts had him with a YPA under 6.0

Andy Dalton has the 3rd most passes of 20+ yards and 4th most passes of 40+ yards in the entire NFL this year, despite having an awful OL which rarely gives him time.

[Image: 64238867.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 10:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There wasn't really that much rain, man. I mean, there was rain, but Tom Brady struggled in the game where there was basically a monsoon against the Bengals. There wasn't even as much rain as the Steelers game *this* year, when they had like 8 drops.

Also, the Rapist had a 92.0 QB Rating, and 0 turnovers in that game against a significantly better defense than McCarron faced. If McCarron could recreate Roethlisberger's stats from that game, the Bengals would have handily won. It wouldn't have been close.

I think you're mixing a game with more rain in your mind with Landry Jones' appearance in the middle of the game from when Roethlisberger got hurt. Landry Jones went 2/5, 11 yards, 1 INT before Roethlisberger came back in.

Don't try to revise history, even if it's awful history.
McCarron had a QB rating of 97.2 in that soaked game and the lead late in the 4th quarter of a playoff game against a team that has dominated us for years.  Dalton hasn't come close to that.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:20 PM)Fresno B Wrote: That quickest release crap means he not going thru progressions.

Or he makes good reads pre snap?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 11:32 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol nice to see you turned that around me saying Facebook likes determine how good a qb is, never said that. Someone said why isn't Katy Texas behind dalton. I don't know they just really wasn't on Facebook. Aj mccaron has thousands of Alabama fans behind him. I didn't say it dtermines his play, I'm talking about popularity. It's about pointless to argue with dalton lovers I see. Lol have it your guys ways. And for the record I know we have other issues. I fault the coaching more then anything. 

WTF is a "Dalton lover"?  I'm just a Bengals fan.  I don't care if John Jacob Jinglehiemerschmidt is the QB....I just want the best chance to win.  Dalton is just better.  That's it.  Period. End of discussion.  Popularity?  Who cares? McCarron played on a team LOADED with NFL talent and a HOF coach on the sidelines.  Dalton? Played with very few that even made it to this level....and helped put TCU back on the map with a signature win against a heavily favored Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.  I just deal in facts....not Tiger Beat teeny Facebook infatuations son.......asinine. Speaking of asinine.....I hardly think that McCarron is on par with Joe Namath and Ken Stabler.  Also....Greg McElroy had similar stats at Alabama to McCarron.....guess he's an all time great too?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 11:27 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My problem with Dalton is we have AJ Green running deep routes and he can't throw a good deep pass like Macaroni. I know that is only one piece of the offense, but defenses know it.

From what I've seen....his arm is equal to....or slightly less than Andy's.

Reply/Quote
FWIW.....I think McCarron is a very good guy to have coming in off the bench.  He might even make a serviceable stop gap starter somewhere with a good offensive line.  He holds the ball way too long to play behind our turds.  He needs work on his pre snap reads.  There are several positives to his game too.  I just don't see him being the man. As desparate as Cleveland is at QB.....you would think Hue would have made a ploy to get him if he's this savior that some of these fanboys say he is.  Tim Tebow won a lot at Florida......Geno Smith at WVU.....Pryor at OSU.....Klingler at Houston....Russell at LSU.....McElroy at Bama.......

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 10:44 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You think the NFL knew that Eifert would still not be recovered from a sprained ankle suffered eight months ago?

A couple notes on Harbaugh.  No way does Mike Brown spend the money necessary to bring Jim Harbaugh here, and even if he did Harbaugh would not do it.  The guy loves the college game and is in his dream job.  Does he eventually get bored and want to do something else?  Maybe eventually, but not now.  He enjoys sparring with Saban in the press, the recruiting camps across the country, and bringing Michigan back to prominence. 

I think the NFL probably realized he wouldn't be available for some of the first few weeks....like against the Jets, steelers, and Denver...so, yes.  

Every one always says "now way does Brown do this", but they forget that it is a three-headed machine now with Katie and Troy Blackburn, and Mike.  They are business people and are intelligent enough to realize that they have spent close to $7 million before to retain several coaches at the same time.  An investment of $8 million per year shows the world that you are not cheap and it doesn't impact the salary cap.  IMHO, I believe they would consider it if Harbaugh was not so outspoken.  If he was more like an Urban Meyer, I think they would consider it.  

And you, frankly, have no idea the mindset of Harbaugh (and neither do I), but I think the fact that his brother has a Super Bowl ring and he does not grinds him.  He has done a fantastic job at Michigan, but college coaching also includes recruiting and it is exhausting.  I think to come to the AFC North, against the likes of Tomlin, it would be an opportunity he would be very interested in, and there is no way this talent would be wasted.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 04:54 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: We could go back and forth all day. I look at more than simply stats. We were predicted to be winless Dalton's rookie year. We went 9-7 and went to the playoffs. That was supposed to be a fluke season, but he followed it up with another winning record and playoff appearance. Then another. Then another. Then another. I've never said Dalton doesn't have weapons, but there's only one weapon above Dalton and that's Green. Dalton helps make the other players better, not the other way around.

I like how short passes are used to knock Dalton, but other QBs who use that in place of their non-existent running games are simply great QBs. Dalton has already has 22 completions of 20+ and 5 of 40+. That doesn't sound like a strictly dink and dunk QB to me. People don't say Roethlisberger is dink and dunk and he has 20 completions of 20+ and 6 of 40+ this year.

I never said Dalton didn't deserve any criticism, but his career has had an upward trajectory. Besides 2014 when the WR corps had tons of injuries, Dalton has gotten better every year. That's not simply being a Dalton lover, McCarron hater, conspiracy theorist, or anything like that. The biggest knock seemed to be turnovers. Dalton's awareness has greatly improved. He only threw 7 picks last year and only has 2 so far this year. Dalton is also 3rd in the NFL in passing yards and has a QB rating of 96.3. I don't see how he's a bad QB or how any of that screams "replace me!".

I'll take the label of Dalton lover.  You better believe I'm a lover of a drafted and groomed QB who has grown into a top 10 NFL player at his position and has improved each and every year in the league.
Labeling people (not you but OP) does nothing to factually support an argument. Sorry, Dalton is not the reason for are struggling so far and the facts back it up. Our OL is among the leaders in giving up QB pressures and sacks, yet AD is one the leaders in yards per game completion percent.

Our defense has been inconsistent or downright bad at times. Our OL has struggled both in pass protection and run blocking. Our coaching has been less than stellar. Our special teams have not been special and we have no great returns.

AD has been a bright spot again, let's get him protected and he will get it done, if not protected better we may see AJ (I like as a back up) very soon.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the NFL probably realized he wouldn't be available for some of the first few weeks....like against the Jets, steelers, and Denver...so, yes.  

Every one always says "now way does Brown do this", but they forget that it is a three-headed machine now with Katie and Troy Blackburn, and Mike.  They are business people and are intelligent enough to realize that they have spent close to $7 million before to retain several coaches at the same time.  An investment of $8 million per year shows the world that you are not cheap and it doesn't impact the salary cap.  IMHO, I believe they would consider it if Harbaugh was not so outspoken.  If he was more like an Urban Meyer, I think they would consider it.  

And you, frankly, have no idea the mindset of Harbaugh (and neither do I), but I think the fact that his brother has a Super Bowl ring and he does not grinds him.  He has done a fantastic job at Michigan, but college coaching also includes recruiting and it is exhausting.  I think to come to the AFC North, against the likes of Tomlin, it would be an opportunity he would be very interested in, and there is no way this talent would be wasted.  
I think Jim Harbaugh is better suited staying at the college level. Not because he can't coach in the NFL, but because his hyper persona wears on people. He has good autonomy at Michigan, and gets a new team every 4 years. Coincidentally, Harbaugh lasted 4 years in Frisco. He's obviously great at developing talent. Kaepernick hasn't been the same without him, and he saved Alex Smith's career... Hell Andrew Luck seems to be regressing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This whole thread is nonsense.

Some posters seem to not be able to stand the fact that McCarron is a decent QB and at the same time can't stand that Dalton was criticized for his poor play in 2014 and bring out a parade of excuses for that year. Yet, when given his shot McCarron didn't make anyone forget Dalton.

I say to all to get out of the past and look at this team week 6 of 2016. Dalton corrected his 2014 problems and had a great year last year and has really stepped up. Those who think he's bum QB are just full of it.

If you look at this team, this year, the OL has taken two or three steps back.

What I see is that Dalton works hard to compensate for the poor OL play and that's not an easy task. When the running game can't get on track because multiple defenders are in the backfield and the pocket collapses so fast what is a QB suppose to do? The answer is complete passes anyway he can and I believe he's done very well with that this year.

Dalton is the most sacked QB in the league this year and the receivers lead the league in drops. Yikes.

Reply/Quote
I think our only hope this game is Gio.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
^and the patriots know this so he will be blanketed. Net result? We officially have no chance.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 01:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That quickest release "crap" had Dalton actually 2nd that year it became a topic of conversation. Who was better than him? Tom Brady.

"Tom Brady sucks, he releases too fast! He doesn't go through his progressions!"  -Said nobody, ever.

Besides, how did you manage to claw your way back into positive rep?

I got my positive rep by not arguing and debating with you hyper posters. Last year thats about all you guys did was neg rep me and spread positive reps among your little circle. This year you guys wont be able to neg rep me because others are seeing you guys game. Reuben ahmed or whatever his name is started a post saying something about my neg rep and how my opinion was invalid because of it, and the next thing you know i had positive rep. New blood is needed on these boards.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 07:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If McCarron played like even just a mediocre QB against the 31st pass defense in that playoff game last year, the Bengals would have blown out the Steelers and Hill could have fumbled and it wouldn't have mattered, because they would have been up 3 or 4 scores.

He played better than playoff Andy. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 10:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Amen !

We don't need a change at QB, we need a change at HC. It's as clear as it can be, these players no longer believe. This is the most poorly coached team in the league, a bunch of talent and MB refuses to give up on the ML project.

Dalton is one of the very few putting forth any effort thus far. 

No wonder he's still our QB. It's not about production, just effort. Got ya ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:25 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I got my positive rep by not arguing and debating with you hyper posters. Last year thats about all you guys did was neg rep me and spread positive reps among your little circle. This year you guys wont be able to neg rep me because others are seeing you guys game. Reuben ahmed or whatever his name is started a post saying something about my neg rep and how my opinion was invalid because of it, and the next thing you know i had positive rep. New blood is needed on these boards.

You were neg repped because You were making silly posts. If we still had neg rep you would still be in the -s. The fact that you really don't post unless this team is losing is a big red flag.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:51 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No wonder he's still our QB. It's not about production, just effort. Got ya ThumbsUp

Dalton is 3rd in the league in yards... Yep no production there... How could you ever get neg repped LOL
Reply/Quote