Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deadpool
best movie ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was pleasantly surprised.  I just took my stepson to see it earlier today.  I got a couple of good laughs out of it, and wasn't bored outta mind like I am at most super hero movies.  The lady at the register warned me that it was a "hard rated R". Smirk
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As a reader of the Deadpool, I was not disappointed. He was certainly more human than usual, sorta like he was late in the last volume when he was trying to find his daughter, but it worked for the movie. The 4th wall breaking and the X Men jokes were great.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 12:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As a reader of the Deadpool, I was not disappointed. He was certainly more human than usual, sorta like he was late in the last volume when he was trying to find his daughter, but it worked for the movie. The 4th wall breaking and the X Men jokes were great.

colossus scenes were great, especially the boob shot. I've always joked about that, but they actually did it.
Reply/Quote
My 12 year old daughter want's to see it. What is the deal with the R rating? Is it for sex nudity or just violence?
Reply/Quote
Please no spoilers. I haven't seen the film. I want to desperately. But I've had bronchitis the past few days and don't want to ruin the experience for everyone going to see it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My 12 year old daughter want's to see it.  What is the deal with the R rating?  Is it for sex nudity or just violence?

Sex, nudity, over the top violence, constant language.

If you have ever read the comics, it's basically all of that.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 12:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As a reader of the Deadpool, I was not disappointed. He was certainly more human than usual, sorta like he was late in the last volume when he was trying to find his daughter, but it worked for the movie. The 4th wall breaking and the X Men jokes were great.

That's encouraging for me. 
I was never a huge Deadpool fan because of how over the top he was but it sounds like the movie gets it right.

(Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe is one of the worst comics ever written, and that's from a Punisher fan...and he "caught" black once....)
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 03:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's encouraging for me. 
I was never a huge Deadpool fan because of how over the top he was but it sounds like the movie gets it right.

(Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe is one of the worst comics ever written, and that's from a Punisher fan...and he "caught" black once....)

The whole Deadpool Kills arc isn't too bad. The first installment is certainly over the top. 

Reply/Quote
Loved the movie. ThumbsUp

Entertaining throughout.

Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 05:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The whole Deadpool Kills arc isn't too bad. The first installment is certainly over the top. 

Punisher did it first and better. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My 12 year old daughter want's to see it.  What is the deal with the R rating?  Is it for sex nudity or just violence?

It's not for kids.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 09:16 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It's not for kids.

She is not very much like a kid.
Reply/Quote

Nudity isn't horrible. Less than a Cinemax movie, although Reynolds does hang around in silhouette with his dong hanging out for a good 20 seconds. Lots of sex references though. The language is pretty constant and the violence is pretty much from start to finish and fairly graphic.

It would be iffy to me at 12, but you know your daughter. There was a line when we were leaving and a couple had two kids under 7. I really thought about giving him a heads up, but the ticket girls were telling everybody "it's R Rated" when they were handing out the tickets.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2016, 07:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Loved the movie.  ThumbsUp

Entertaining throughout.

Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool.
Saw an interview where he said he would like to do an XForce movie. Could be cool, sort of like a Suicide Squad with Marvel's scuzziest mutants.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 01:51 PM)Benton Wrote: Nudity isn't horrible. Less than a Cinemax movie, although Reynolds does hang around in silhouette with his dong hanging out for a good 20 seconds. Lots of sex references though. The language is pretty constant and the violence is pretty much from start to finish and fairly graphic.

It would be iffy to me at 12, but you know your daughter. There was a line when we were leaving and a couple had two kids under 7. I really thought about giving him a heads up, but the ticket girls were telling everybody "it's R Rated" when they were handing out the tickets.

My 12 year old is mature beyond her years.  Or maybe all 12 year olds are in this internet era.  I know I can not shield her from eveything so instead I try to be as open as possible with her so that when she does come across something she does not understand she won't be afraid to talk to me about it.

The real problem is that i also have a 9 year old daughter.  she is also mature beyond her years, but I just don't think she would be ready for an r-rated movie.  And I couldn't take the older one without taking the younger one.

but they will both see it when it comes to Netflix, so would it be better for me to watch it with them?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My 12 year old is mature beyond her years.  Or maybe all 12 year olds are in this internet era.  I know I can not shield her from eveything so instead I try to be as open as possible with her so that when she does come across something she does not understand she won't be afraid to talk to me about it.

but they will both see it when it comes to Netflix, so would it be better for me to watch it with them?

To the bold, understood, but you might want to have a speech about strapons ready. (If you don't already, I've got a couple started but not sure how to end them).

ThumbsUp

And really, I dunno. Probably. I watched it with my 15 year old. His mom let him watch Breaking Bad when it was on, which I thought was a bad choice. On the other hand, maybe it will keep him from thinking drugs are a good idea. Every kid is different and every situation is. My daughter is 7 and I won't let her watch The Walking Dead, but I know some of her classmates do.
Reply/Quote

What is the worst movie she has seen? I'll tell you if its worse than that and we can go from there.

Personally, if I had any children, I wouldn't let them see this movie. Then again, I was playing the video game grand theft auto when I was 7 years old or something so I can't really judge.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 08:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What is the worst movie she has seen? I'll tell you if its worse than that and we can go from there.

Personally, if I had any children, I wouldn't let them see this movie. Then again, I was playing the video game grand theft auto when I was 7 years old or something so I can't really judge.

I don't know if she has seen any R-rated movies, but she has been exposed to a lot on the internet.  She spends a lot of time on TUMBLR.  She is very intelligent, and we have some very adult conversations.  She has skipped one grade in school and is still one of the smartest in her class.  But she is still just a 12 year old girl.

One of her best friends has a sister who is a couple of years older, so I am sure she has learned a lot from her.  I know that when I was young I learned a lot from talking with my best friends older brother.

The only thing I am really strict about is anything that will give her nightmares.
Reply/Quote
Just saw it. I probably wouldn't let a 12 year old see it.

It was good. not the earth shattering movie it was made out to be but still good and entertaining.
Reply/Quote