Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drink if choice
Let's have it. Alcoholic or otherwise, when you've got a thirst, what's your go to?

Alcoholic, it used to be lemonade and vodka. About half and half over ice.but I'm getting older, so it's usually just whatever beer is cold. Budweiser actually has one I like now, black crown.

Otherwise, it's just tea (hot or cold) through the year, and lemonade in the summer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Winter time drinks- White Russians, Gin (Bombay) and tonics, dark beers (vanilla porters, coffee stouts, etc)

Summer time drinks- Strip n Go nakeds, Alabama slammers, obviously loads of beer (but your Busch lights, bud lights, etc.), vodka-lemonades are always refreshing. 

easy Sunday sippin'- Scotch n waters, Usually Glenlevit (sp), love me some scotch!  Jameson, Crown Royal, etc.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Iced tea
Water with lemo
Natty Ice
Reply/Quote
If I have a nice bottle absolute favorite is Four Roses. Single Barrel and up. 1 rock.

If I don't or I'm out amongst the masses, double short Paddy's on the Rocks, kiss of giner ale. AND I MEAN KISS SWEATHEART!
Reply/Quote
Alcohol, I like my own creation, the Kauffmanno. It's 100 proof vodka, toped with a lil' splash of Blueberry flavored Pom Wonderful. Or, straight shots of spiced rum, typically Blackheart or Sailor Jerry. I also enjoy IPAs, Natty Greene Southern IPA is a staple in my fridge, although I do favor their Summer Beer, the Freedom IPA.

Non-alcoholic, I keep my sugared drinks to a minimum (because I like alcohol..) So, tons of water, unsweetened tea, any of the zero cal sports drinks, black coffee. Soda? Only if it has booze in it..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Morning: Coffee, black.
Rest of the day: Water, sparkling if available, tap if not.
Alcohol: Beer, depends on the weather as to what type. Usually schwarzbier, pilsner, or a bock of some sort. I have also been known to drink whiskey (rye tops my list) and wine (rieslings usually).
Reply/Quote
There aren't many, if any, better products on this planet than an ice cold can of coke.

Alcoholic: Jack and coke

I've also been on a brown and Amber ale kick lately, especially while eating. Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale has me slightly obsessed at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 10:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: There aren't many, if any, better products on this planet than an ice cold can of coke.

True that. In May it'll be eleven years since my last alcoholic drink. So if I have a drink-realted vice, it would have to be too damn much soda. The Coca-Cola company owes me a personal thank you for all of their product that I've consumed in my lifetime.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Alcohol, I like my own creation, the Kauffmanno. It's 100 proof vodka, toped with a lil' splash of Blueberry flavored Pom Wonderful. Or, straight shots of spiced rum, typically Blackheart or Sailor Jerry. I also enjoy IPAs, Natty Greene Southern IPA is a staple in my fridge, although I do favor their Summer Beer, the Freedom IPA.

Non-alcoholic, I keep my sugared drinks to a minimum (because I like alcohol..) So, tons of water, unsweetened tea, any of the zero cal sports drinks, black coffee. Soda? Only if it has booze in it..

Kauffmanno sounds pretty interesting.

I've tried to cut sugar out of my diet so pretty much the same for me as the last part.
Reply/Quote
The good news is the only non-beer beverage I drink is water. The bad news is I don't drink much water.

I also like beers that many consider "piss water". A cold domestic light lager and I am good (Natty light is personal favorite. I'll have a Landshark if I am trying to impress). I also drink Bud 55 and Busch N/A throughout the week.

I have probably drank anything alcoholic other that beer less than a dozen times in my life.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 10:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: There aren't many, if any, better products on this planet than an ice cold can of coke.

Alcoholic: Jack and coke

I've also been on a brown and Amber ale kick lately, especially while eating. Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale has me slightly obsessed at the moment.

I read this post and had to stop and consider that I might have multiple personality disorder and I wrote the post under a different username.

I drink Coke 75% of the time.  Another 20% of the time I drink Bourbon and Coke.  The next 3% would be a good brown ale or Octoberfest.  The rest of the time is good ol' fashioned sweet tea.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Elsinore-Beer.jpg] I used to down this stuff all of the time until I found a mouse in one.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've largely switched to water when not drinking alcohol. I'll also have a glass of unsweetened iced tea here and there. Before work I have a huge thermos of coffee, usually Starbucks Sumatra or Dunkin Donuts house blend. I occasionally have a V-8, too. I really, really try to avoid pop and energy drinks, but I work from 5pm to 2am, therefore, I must switch to non-nocturnal hours on weekends. This sometimes requires an energy drink upon waking up or while running errands or driving.

As far as booze goes, Blanton's is my absolute favorite. It's so damn good that it should be illegal to mix with anything. I don't drink the hard stuff but maybe twice a year, and when I do I get Blanton's.

Beer wise, I like Fat Tire New Belgium, Rheingeist Panther, Newcastle (probably my number 1), and lately Carlsberg elephant. The elephant beer is kind of rough, but I like it for whatever reason. It's a good beer if your drinking to catch a buzz quickly.

I also somewhat shamefully admit that I love Southern Tier's Pumking seasonal beer. Tried it at a tailgate once and got hooked.
Reply/Quote
[Image: OgmqdPINEnu6m98b7eaQofKWo1_500.jpg][Image: th?id=OIP.Mc18bcb37c6686d8ab53a2e81ce742...0&pid=15.1]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

The best memories I have of Coca-Cola is when I was a young boy coming home from little league practice. There was a gas station on my way home while riding my bicycle. It still sold bottles of Coke for a dime. The cooler that dispensed the Coke kept them right on the verge of being a slushy. I have yet to find a Coca-Cola better than an ice cold Coke in a bottle. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 09:33 PM)Harmening Wrote: The best memories I have of Coca-Cola is when I was a young boy coming home from little league practice. There was a gas station on my way home while riding my bicycle. It still sold bottles of Coke for a dime. The cooler that dispensed the Coke kept them right on the verge of being a slushy. I have yet to find a Coca-Cola better than an ice cold Coke in a bottle. 

Was it one of the old type of cooler that kept the bottle stacked on top of one another and you had to open the door and reach into it and pull the bottle out? Had a gas sation in my town that had one of those, too. Great treat in the summer.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 09:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Was it one of the old type of cooler that kept the bottle stacked on top of one another and you had to open the door and reach into it and pull the bottle out?  Had a gas sation in my town that had one of those, too.  Great treat in the summer.

I remember those. If you were adept you could pull two bottles out at the same time, not that I ever did that, but I saw more than a few friends pilfer a pop that way. Alternately, if you weren't careful the pop would slip out of your hand and you would be 10 cents lighter and still thirsty as it remained secured in its slot.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 09:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Was it one of the old type of cooler that kept the bottle stacked on top of one another and you had to open the door and reach into it and pull the bottle out?  Had a gas sation in my town that had one of those, too.  Great treat in the summer.

Yep. That's exactly what it was. 
One of the memories of my childhood that stuck the most. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 11:19 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I read this post and had to stop and consider that I might have multiple personality disorder and I wrote the post under a different username.

I drink Coke 75% of the time.  Another 20% of the time I drink Bourbon and Coke.  The next 3% would be a good brown ale or Octoberfest.  The rest of the time is good ol' fashioned sweet tea.

I don't like tea, so it's good to know we're still all snowflakes.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 12:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: Elsinore-Beer.jpg] I used to down this stuff all of the time until I found a mouse in one.

A friend of mine, a cop, told me that if you take the bottle back to the brewery they have to give you free beer!
Reply/Quote