Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
espn simulates season...
(09-02-2019, 02:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Getting the #1 pick sounds good to me...

Does anyone honestly think we’re winning the Super Bowl lol

Well, I did get 200-1 odds.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean, that'd be fine.

I think the worst case scenario for the Bengals this year is to go somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7 (and missing the playoffs).

The last thing this franchise needs is another semi-competitive season where we show a little bit of promise before it all comes crashing down on us.

I either want us to explode and go 10-6 or better with success in the playoffs.

or I want us to go as close to 0-16 as possible.

This is Dalton's year to prove to us he should get a new contract. I'm so sick of this middle of the road Andy. He needs to become 2015 Andy, or he needs to find another team.

And if he doesn't become 2015 Andy, then we need a high draft pick and, in an ideal world, either Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Herbert is sitting there ready for us to take him.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 08:38 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, that'd be fine.

I think the worst case scenario for the Bengals this year is to go somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7 (and missing the playoffs).

The last thing this franchise needs is another semi-competitive season where we show a little bit of promise before it all comes crashing down on us.

I either want us to explode and go 10-6 or better with success in the playoffs.

or I want us to go as close to 0-16 as possible.

This is Dalton's year to prove to us he should get a new contract. I'm so sick of this middle of the road Andy. He needs to become 2015 Andy, or he needs to find another team.

And if he doesn't become 2015 Andy, then we need a high draft pick and, in an ideal world, either Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Herbert is sitting there ready for us to take him.

I think I'm in that same range as you. Floor 5-6 wins. Ceiling 9 wins. Maybe 10, but I doubt it. I don't see us going 3-13 in any scenario.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think I'm in that same range as you. Floor 5-6 wins. Ceiling 9 wins. Maybe 10, but I doubt it. I don't see us going 3-13 in any scenario.

I'm generally with you but injuries are the wild card.

If AJ's injury lingers or reoccurs and the O-line lets the QB get injured then it could get ugly and tail-spin, particularly with rookie HC and co-ordinators. For that reason I think the floor could be lower. On the flip side injuries to opponents could raise the ceiling a win.
Reply/Quote
I don't blame anyone who doubts the team.
It's a completely new scheme and coaching staff.
With Jonah Williams out (at least) until December and Clint Boling retired, this OL could be even worse than last year.
The defense, which was abysmal last year, really didn't add any new impactful players aside from (hopefully) Pratt in the draft.

When there's that much uncertainty, it's more logical to err on the side of caution rather than optimism.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:26 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I'm generally with you but injuries are the wild card.

If AJ's injury lingers or reoccurs and the O-line lets the QB get injured then it could get ugly and tail-spin, particularly with rookie HC and co-ordinators. For that reason I think the floor could be lower. On the flip side injuries to opponents could raise the ceiling a win.

I think IF AJ stays injured and Boyd or Mixon get injured, it's worst case.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't blame anyone who doubts the team.
With Jonah Williams out (at least) until December and Clint Boling retired, this OL could be even worse than last year.
The defense, which was abysmal last year, really didn't add any new impactful players aside from (hopefully) Pratt in the draft.

When there's that much uncertainty, it's more logical to err on the side of caution rather than optimism.

Right, and as we saw last year with the change to Austin as DC...coaching changes can go terrible.

With all these new coaches, chances are atleast some are bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't blame anyone who doubts the team.

It's not so much doubt as acknowledging the increased variables. It increases both the floor and ceiling of this team.

I think it's at least a two year rebuild though. Especially now we're without our first round pick (just imagine next year it'll be like having four first round picks when new guy, Williams, Ross and Price all start!). This year appears to be to shape the offense: a LT, a TE who is integral to the way Coach Taylor wants to structure the offense. There are still holes there let alone contemplating the draft capital for a new QB or strengthening the defense.

(09-03-2019, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think IF AJ stays injured and Boyd or Mixon get injured, it's worst case.

Worst case is AJ, Boyd AND Mixon all being injured but let's not go there...

Having said that it would help our draft stock. As discussed, the worst case scenario is to tail off and finish on 6-8 wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:40 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: It's not so much doubt as acknowledging the increased variables. It increases both the floor and ceiling of this team.

I think it's at least a two year rebuild though. Especially now we're without our first round pick (just imagine next year it'll be like having four first round picks when new guy, Williams, Ross and Price all start!). This year appears to be to shape the offense: a LT, a TE who is integral to the way Coach Taylor wants to structure the offense. There are still holes there let alone contemplating the draft capital for a new QB or strengthening the defense.

Worst case is AJ, Boyd AND Mixon all being injured but let's not go there...

Having said that it would help our draft stock. As discussed, the worst case scenario is to tail off and finish on 6-8 wins.

Yes, well said. A lot of variables.
This team needed more than just 1 OL, 1 TE, and 1 LB to be a contender, but it's a start.
If Ross and Price/Hopkins blossom this year, that removes a need for next year's draft.
If Hart turns into the player Taylor thinks he can be, that removes a need.
If Preston Brown returns to his BUF form, that removes a need.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, well said. A lot of variables.
This team needed more than just 1 OL, 1 TE, and 1 LB to be a contender, but it's a start.
If Ross and Price/Hopkins blossom this year, that removes a need for next year's draft.
If Hart turns into the player Taylor thinks he can be, that removes a need.
If Preston Brown returns to his BUF form, that removes a need.

I'd add Jordan as well.

I'm heartened by the fact they feel comfortable in sticking him in early. That didn't seem to be the original plan (it could of course be because Jerry's no longer got it). He'll be a work in progress this year but if he can replace Boling long term that removes another need.
Reply/Quote