Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite cake
Was just at my mom's and she had made my favorite cake. It is just a very simple pineapple dump cake with cream cheese/coconut icing, but I love that stuff.

I am not a big cake lover, and I usually only really get excited if it is part of "cake and ice cream", but this pineapple cake is so moist and rich it is great by itself.
Reply/Quote
Pineapple up-side down cake or Blackberry Jam cake with caramel icing would be my favorites.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte
Reply/Quote
Angel food cake. I can eat one in a sitting
Reply/Quote
Lemon cheesecake pie... Yummy!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 01:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Angel food cake.   I can eat one in a sitting

That is second for me. Mostly because if I were to eat too much schwarzwälder kirschtorte these days it would kill me as a diabetic and angel food cake ain't that bad. So I get angel food cake with some strawberries and I'm happy.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Was just at my mom's and she had made my favorite cake.  It is just a very simple pineapple dump cake with cream cheese/coconut icing, but I love that stuff.

I am not a big cake lover, and I usually only really get excited if it is part of "cake and ice cream", but this pineapple cake is so moist and rich it is great by itself.

Weird. I was just at your moms and she gave me my favorite pie.

Mellow

For me, simple buttery yellow cake with chocolate icing.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 02:20 PM)Benton Wrote: Weird. I was just at your moms and she gave me my favorite pie.

Mellow

For me, simple buttery yellow cake with chocolate icing.

Yea, I like the simple yellow cake with chocolate frosting as well.  that one has to be in the top 3 favorite cakes. 

Cherry Chip and Red Velvet are my other two favorite cakes.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Mine was Red Velvet.....or a ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins.

No more, haven't had cake in a few years.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 03:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mine was Red Velvet.....or a ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins.

No more, haven't had cake in a few years.....

I'm also a red velvet fan.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 01:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is second for me. Mostly because if I were to eat too much schwarzwälder kirschtorte these days it would kill me as a diabetic and angel food cake ain't that bad. So I get angel food cake with some strawberries and I'm happy.

does the black forest cake have coconut on it or is that the german chocolate
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: does the black forest cake have coconut on it or is that the german chocolate

German Chocolate

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Birthday cake
Reply/Quote
yeah but it should be called birth-anniversary cake..

No one gets cake on the day they are born... just the anniversarys of it. lol
Reply/Quote
It's got an ugly name, but it tastes great. Tomato soup cake.
Reply/Quote
Whichever cake permits me to have it and eat it too.

Failing that, red velvet. I like finding red velvet-flavored foods in the market and eating those, too.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: does the black forest cake have coconut on it or is that the german chocolate

(07-15-2015, 06:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: German Chocolate

As he said, that's the German chocolate cake. Kirschtorte, the real deal, has a liquor in it called Kirschwasser, that is made from cherries. It also uses black cherries rather than those disgusting maraschino cherries we see in the U.S. (which themselves are a non-alcoholic version of a liqueur soaked treat). So the cake is not as sweet as the American version and it is delicious.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 08:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As he said, that's the German chocolate cake. Kirschtorte, the real deal, has a liquor in it called Kirschwasser, that is made from cherries. It also uses black cherries rather than those disgusting maraschino cherries we see in the U.S. (which themselves are a non-alcoholic version of a liqueur soaked treat). So the cake is not as sweet as the American version and it is delicious.
I also approve of this cake. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
not a huge fan of cake but i do love me a good coconut cream or pumpkin pie.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 01:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte

Sweet black cherries are my favorite fruit, and I have always like the combination of chocolate and cherries.  

This sounds delicious.
Reply/Quote