Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
favorite cake - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+---- Forum: Food & Drink (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Food-Drink)
+---- Thread: favorite cake (/Thread-favorite-cake)

Pages: 1 2 3

favorite cake - fredtoast - 07-15-2015

Was just at my mom's and she had made my favorite cake. It is just a very simple pineapple dump cake with cream cheese/coconut icing, but I love that stuff.

I am not a big cake lover, and I usually only really get excited if it is part of "cake and ice cream", but this pineapple cake is so moist and rich it is great by itself.

RE: favorite cake - masonbengals fan - 07-15-2015

Pineapple up-side down cake or Blackberry Jam cake with caramel icing would be my favorites.

RE: favorite cake - Belsnickel - 07-15-2015

Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte

RE: favorite cake - XenoMorph - 07-15-2015

Angel food cake. I can eat one in a sitting

RE: favorite cake - Hoofhearted - 07-15-2015

Lemon cheesecake pie... Yummy!

(07-15-2015, 01:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Angel food cake.   I can eat one in a sitting

That is second for me. Mostly because if I were to eat too much schwarzwälder kirschtorte these days it would kill me as a diabetic and angel food cake ain't that bad. So I get angel food cake with some strawberries and I'm happy.

RE: favorite cake - Benton - 07-15-2015

(07-15-2015, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Was just at my mom's and she had made my favorite cake.  It is just a very simple pineapple dump cake with cream cheese/coconut icing, but I love that stuff.

I am not a big cake lover, and I usually only really get excited if it is part of "cake and ice cream", but this pineapple cake is so moist and rich it is great by itself.

Weird. I was just at your moms and she gave me my favorite pie.

Mellow

For me, simple buttery yellow cake with chocolate icing.

RE: favorite cake - BengalHawk62 - 07-15-2015

(07-15-2015, 02:20 PM)Benton Wrote: Weird. I was just at your moms and she gave me my favorite pie.

Mellow

For me, simple buttery yellow cake with chocolate icing.

Yea, I like the simple yellow cake with chocolate frosting as well.  that one has to be in the top 3 favorite cakes. 

Cherry Chip and Red Velvet are my other two favorite cakes.

RE: favorite cake - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-15-2015

Mine was Red Velvet.....or a ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins.

No more, haven't had cake in a few years.....

RE: favorite cake - Bengal Dude - 07-15-2015

(07-15-2015, 03:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mine was Red Velvet.....or a ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins.

No more, haven't had cake in a few years.....

I'm also a red velvet fan.

(07-15-2015, 01:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is second for me. Mostly because if I were to eat too much schwarzwälder kirschtorte these days it would kill me as a diabetic and angel food cake ain't that bad. So I get angel food cake with some strawberries and I'm happy.

does the black forest cake have coconut on it or is that the german chocolate

RE: favorite cake - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-15-2015

(07-15-2015, 05:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: does the black forest cake have coconut on it or is that the german chocolate

German Chocolate

RE: favorite cake - RoyleRedlegs - 07-15-2015

Birthday cake

yeah but it should be called birth-anniversary cake..

No one gets cake on the day they are born... just the anniversarys of it. lol

RE: favorite cake - Goalpost - 07-15-2015

It's got an ugly name, but it tastes great. Tomato soup cake.

RE: favorite cake - Awful Llama - 07-15-2015

Whichever cake permits me to have it and eat it too.

Failing that, red velvet. I like finding red velvet-flavored foods in the market and eating those, too.

(07-15-2015, 05:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: does the black forest cake have coconut on it or is that the german chocolate

(07-15-2015, 06:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: German Chocolate

As he said, that's the German chocolate cake. Kirschtorte, the real deal, has a liquor in it called Kirschwasser, that is made from cherries. It also uses black cherries rather than those disgusting maraschino cherries we see in the U.S. (which themselves are a non-alcoholic version of a liqueur soaked treat). So the cake is not as sweet as the American version and it is delicious.

RE: favorite cake - MasonDT70 - 07-16-2015

(07-15-2015, 08:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As he said, that's the German chocolate cake. Kirschtorte, the real deal, has a liquor in it called Kirschwasser, that is made from cherries. It also uses black cherries rather than those disgusting maraschino cherries we see in the U.S. (which themselves are a non-alcoholic version of a liqueur soaked treat). So the cake is not as sweet as the American version and it is delicious.
I also approve of this cake. ThumbsUp

RE: favorite cake - bengal_fan_in_toronto - 07-16-2015

not a huge fan of cake but i do love me a good coconut cream or pumpkin pie.

RE: favorite cake - fredtoast - 07-16-2015

(07-15-2015, 01:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte

Sweet black cherries are my favorite fruit, and I have always like the combination of chocolate and cherries.  

This sounds delicious.