Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for the luv of GOD, a legit TE please !
Please god, make the Bengals make a move on upgrading this position. I cant stand watching another game wih Irv at starter and Drew as backup
Its got to be the most pathetic TE group in league. Whos available out there? keep reading Gisecki is....
Reply/Quote
They have 3 serviceable TE on roster, Sample, Hudson, Wilcox but refuse to fit them into the Offensive scheme.
Reply/Quote
The Miami Dolphins are setting all-time Offensive records only surpassed by the STL Rams 2000 Greatest Show on Turf.

Two questions to the audience without googling:

Who is Miamis' starting TE

Who was then TE for The Greatest Show on Turf
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Miami Dolphins are setting all-time Offensive records only surpassed by the STL Rams 2000 Greatest Show on Turf.

Two questions to the audience without googling:

Who is Miamis' starting TE

Who was then TE for The Greatest Show on Turf

Follow-up question: 

How often do the Miami Dolphins run the football?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:33 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Follow-up question: 

How often do the Miami Dolphins run the football?

Not sure what it has to do with the thread but: 45%. Right between ATL and CHI
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:13 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Please god, make the Bengals make a move on upgrading this position. I cant stand watching another game wih Irv at starter and Drew as backup
Its got to be the most pathetic TE group in league.  Whos available out there?  keep reading Gisecki is....

I would prefer a solid NFL RB. Mixon has been horrible the last few years. Yeah, I know people will come to his corner and shout, "the OL sucks!" but the OL got to two AFC Championships and a Super Bowl. Stats don't lie. Bengals need to draft a quality RB next year. This RB group is puppy food.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what it has to do with the thread but: 45%. Right between ATL and CHI

You could argue that an effective TE isn't as important for teams that have struck a better balance between the run and the pass.

Since we're so pass-heavy, a TE Could be more of a legit need.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:28 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: They have 3 serviceable TE on roster, Sample, Hudson, Wilcox but refuse to fit them into the Offensive scheme.

We clearly have different definitions of this word.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Brady had Gronk.
Mahomes has Kelce.
The Eagles had Ertz.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:37 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I would prefer a solid NFL RB. Mixon has been horrible the last few years. Yeah, I know people will come to his corner and shout, "the OL sucks!" but the OL got to two AFC Championships and a Super Bowl. Stats don't lie. Bengals need to draft a quality RB next year. This RB group is puppy food.

Im confused the same RB also got to two AFC championships and a SB
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Brady had Gronk.
Mahomes has Kelce.
The Eagles had Ertz.

And we made it a SB and two Div. title games without a top 10 TE, i like CJ but he has hand one good year and Hurst was decent but terrible in YAC...
Reply/Quote
Honestly Joe has TE blindness anyway so i can’t really support signing any TE for more than 5M

Now if we get a Kyle Pitts or something that’s different but i am not punching the air when i see Irv only targeted once or twice

Part of me thinks he simply can’t be getting open if Burrow can’t find him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
They may need to trade for someone young and on the rise. Someone like Pitts. Even if it take a 2nd round pick. Next years class isn’t strong outside of Bowers. And if they have to force a high pick on one for need anyway……

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Trade Tee for Pitts. I can make that case.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Brady had Gronk.
Mahomes has Kelce.
The Eagles had Ertz.

Bengals have the ghost of Eifert 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Smith is injury prone and disappears when in the game. Sample is a great blocker but when he’s on the field he’s almost not a threat to get open/make a catch. Correct me if I’m wrong but there just does not seem to be any impact tight ends that can be had for anything we would/could part with or draft. Pitts is an option but I still think that the Falcons aren’t ready to abandon that plan.

I think for this season at least we’ve got to roll with what we’ve got and hope like hell that Tee comes out of this funk he’s in. Because with three wide receivers that are as good as the three we have (when all playing to their potential) we can win without a TE.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:40 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Smith is injury prone and disappears when in the game. Sample is a great blocker but when he’s on the field he’s almost not a threat to get open/make a catch. Correct me if I’m wrong but there just does not seem to be any impact tight ends that can be had for anything we would/could part with or draft. Pitts is an option but I still think that the Falcons aren’t ready to abandon that plan.

I think for this season at least we’ve got to roll with what we’ve got and hope like hell that Tee comes out of this funk he’s in. Because with three wide receivers that are as good as the three we have (when all playing to their potential) we can win without a TE.

I’m not getting Tee at all. I don’t know how you play like this in a contract year. If the Bengals aren’t going to be able to sign him, they should at least get the benefit of a guy playing for a big payday.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I would rather have a legit LG…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
We had a good TE last season.. wth did we not resign him?!?!?!?!??!?! I hate Burrow a bit!
Reply/Quote
What did happen to the Hudson hype train? Thought he was going to be the "next big thing". Drew Sample was drafted because Zac wanted a TE with blocking skills, and Smith Jr. is injury prone. I don't know why some fans think that the lack of a good TE is holding this offense back, I think we have enough firepower on the roster to put up points on the board. Of course having a player like Kyle Pitts would be a plus, but that should be a small concern for us since our offense is dealing with worse issues like the lack of consistence and the nonexistent running game.
Reply/Quote