Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
i hope we dont trade aj mccaron
Im watching these youtube videos on mccaron, dalton, and even brady.   Just looking at mccarons mechanics you can see he is a better pocket passer then dalton.  The youtube comments say he reminds them of brady.  And i wouldnt go that far, because tom is taller and more intense.  But id say the mechanics and throwing motion is like brady.  So ill label him a poor mans brady.   If you reasearch what they have in common.  Both played for big conference teams, both had college production.  But the scouts pushed them both down the draft boards because of arm strength.  Correct me if im wrong but i think the same happened with joe montana.  Now Dalton, i do not know who he would compare too, im thinking of a little better version of kitna, or jake delome from the panthers, with body type and skill set.  The thing that bothers me with dalton, is his mechanics combined with his height.  I know people will say hes tall as aj green. But it just doesnt look it.  And his mechanics are one read if not there ,tuck and escape, run to the right if you can. The last game dalton did pretty good, mainly the first half.  But this is a different case vs tougher teams.  Ive witnessed it for 6 years.  [/align]

I also heard a saying. If you can complete passes with a clean pocket you can play in the nfl.  But its how you handle pressure is to determine if you are a backup or not.  Now this is hard to gauge with dalton because he does have numbers and has done some good.  But we want to take the next step dont we?  Im really hoping we do not get rid of mccaron, its going to be a mistake.  To add to the other mistakes we have made in our history. Like letting zimmer go, and bill walsh.  Also there was a article about marvin feeling secure about his job so he is not going anywhere. So im thinking we probably need mccaron to start.  Hes the more mechanically clined qb, and pocket passer.  Now go ahead and say i dont know football and andy is god, im ready for it.
Reply/Quote
I can't wait until we do get rid of him just so his delusional fanboys will stop with this nonsense. DALTON IS BETTER! End of story.

Also, try using paragraphs. Those giant walls of text are annoying to read.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can't wait until we do get rid of him just so his delusional fanboys will stop with this nonsense. DALTON IS  BETTER!  End of story.

Thats just like your opinion man
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can't wait until we do get rid of him just so his delusional fanboys will stop with this nonsense. DALTON IS  BETTER!  End of story.

I fixed my paragraphs teacher :andy:
Reply/Quote
What about this guy's mechanics?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh7xljzHE1s

Time to ship the other two bums off to San Fran and Chicago, we have the next Joe Montana waiting in the wings!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:46 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: What about this guy's mechanics?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh7xljzHE1s

Time to ship the other two bums off to San Fran and Chicago, we have the next Joe Montana waiting in the wings!  Ninja

Hell no. One he looks like a dork. Dorks dont win. Come from a small school, and i heard his passing isnt good. 
Reply/Quote
macaroni
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:45 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Im watching these youtube videos on mccaron, dalton, and even brady.   Just looking at mccarons mechanics you can see he is a better pocket passer then dalton.  The youtube comments say he reminds them of brady.  And i wouldnt go that far, because tom is taller and more intense.  But id say the mechanics and throwing motion is like brady.  So ill label him a poor mans brady.   If you reasearch what they have in common.  Both played for big conference teams, both had college production.  But the scouts pushed them both down the draft boards because of arm strength.  Correct me if im wrong but i think the same happened with joe montana.  Now Dalton, i do not know who he would compare too, im thinking of a little better version of kitna, or jake delome from the panthers, with body type and skill set.  The thing that bothers me with dalton, is his mechanics combined with his height.  I know people will say hes tall as aj green. But it just doesnt look it.  And his mechanics are one read if not there ,tuck and escape, run to the right if you can. The last game dalton did pretty good, mainly the first half.  But this is a different case vs tougher teams.  Ive witnessed it for 6 years.  [/align]

I also heard a saying. If you can complete passes with a clean pocket you can play in the nfl.  But its how you handle pressure is to determine if you are a backup or not.  Now this is hard to gauge with dalton because he does have numbers and has done some good.  But we want to take the next step dont we?  Im really hoping we do not get rid of mccaron, its going to be a mistake.  To add to the other mistakes we have made in our history. Like letting zimmer go, and bill walsh.  Also there was a article about marvin feeling secure about his job so he is not going anywhere. So im thinking we probably need mccaron to start.  Hes the more mechanically clined qb, and pocket passer.  Now go ahead and say i dont know football and andy is god, im ready for it.

I get where ur coming from but he's just not a good fit for our offense plus it would take years to develop the chemistry aj and Andy have. Mccarron has to have 3 plus seconds to complete passes. Andy runs this offense so well bc of his mastery at the line and quick reads. he reminds me of manning at the line with all his before snap reads. I compare Mccarron to Cutler he has all the physical tools but it never comes together. Andy will be our qb he's just had bad luck last year with Andy no way we lose that playoff game. But I do see your point I just think he is at that edge of bad starter/elite backup. Maybe with the right offense he could be a good qb but in this offense he's nothing but a backup.
Reply/Quote
AJM is too slow for this line he would get killed. Dalton has about 1.443561 seconds to get rid of the ball on most downs.

He simply doesn't have the time to read anything back there.

When the announcers start saying "he had all day to throw" on a regular basis (hell even once) and he isn't getting it done, come talk to me.

Reply/Quote
I want Macaroni as our QB of the future and trade Dalton. Dalton had his chance. Time for a change.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I won't be the least bit surprised if mccarron goes on to have a stellar career
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton's passing number are almost identical to Tom Brady
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 09:39 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I won't be the least bit surprised if mccarron goes on to have a stellar career
Me either. Except that stellar career will be as an analyst for the SEC Network.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:45 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Im watching these youtube videos on mccaron, dalton, and even brady.   Just looking at mccarons mechanics you can see he is a better pocket passer then dalton.  The youtube comments say he reminds them of brady.  And i wouldnt go that far, because tom is taller and more intense.  But id say the mechanics and throwing motion is like brady.  So ill label him a poor mans brady.   If you reasearch what they have in common.  Both played for big conference teams, both had college production.  But the scouts pushed them both down the draft boards because of arm strength.  Correct me if im wrong but i think the same happened with joe montana.  Now Dalton, i do not know who he would compare too, im thinking of a little better version of kitna, or jake delome from the panthers, with body type and skill set.  The thing that bothers me with dalton, is his mechanics combined with his height.  I know people will say hes tall as aj green. But it just doesnt look it.  And his mechanics are one read if not there ,tuck and escape, run to the right if you can. The last game dalton did pretty good, mainly the first half.  But this is a different case vs tougher teams.  Ive witnessed it for 6 years.  [/align]

if McCarron was that good he would have been drafted in the 1st round and already be starting...
Reply/Quote
McCarron has potential but he's no Andy yet...

We are better off trading him ...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
So you're saying the mechanics that he learned from the best throwing motion coach in sports (Tom House) are wrong?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wish he had started fisher at RT all along (or at least sooner) and a new kicker and we wouldn't be having This conversation. Instead of going 0-3-1 the bengals easily go 2-2 and are sitting at 7-5.

Dalton is not the problem he is the answer we just have to figure out the rest of the equation(i.e. OL coach,RT, kicker)
Reply/Quote
For the love of God, give it up. Mccarron is not and will NEVER be starting for this team.

If this organization had ANY wits and common sense about it, it would have traded Mccarron yesterday.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:37 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Thats just like your opinion man

Your opinion is a joke. You want an unproven quarterback to start over a guy that was in the MVP race last year and who will pass for over 3500 yards this season. 

Please just stop. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: For the love of God, give it up. Mccarron is not and will NEVER be starting for this team.

If this organization had ANY wits and common sense about it, it would have traded Mccarron yesterday.

Never say never.  

What if andy pulls a Carson? I don't think he is that shallow because he is a different type of competitor.  But that would be the only situation in which mccarron is our long term starter.
Reply/Quote