Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.63 Average
idea to make sure we win for years
(06-14-2023, 09:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ideas, like opinions, are not always good or stated with a lot of logic. Basically, just because you think of it, doesn't mean you should post it.

thats fair i guess. i honestly dont think its that crazy but thats only my opinion. i respect those that disagree though
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:08 PM)Leon Wrote: thats fair i guess. i honestly dont think its that crazy but thats only my opinion. i respect those that disagree though

Weigh these two things.

1. The Bengals have to work out a contract for Joe Burrow.
2. Caleb Williams has to be good enough to get the Bengals to the SB. 

Which seems more likely?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Weigh these two things.

Which seems more likely?

And we could trade Chase and draft a top notch receiver for Williams.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:08 PM)Leon Wrote: thats fair i guess. i honestly dont think its that crazy but thats only my opinion. i respect those that disagree though

What are some things you think are crazy if this idea wasn't one of them
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Weigh these two things.

Which seems more likely?

i honestly think williams will be great. i also think joes contract will hurt the team. i might be dead wrong on both though but that was the reason for throwing out the idea. thank you for not just calling me names and actually talking about why you dont like the idea. i appreciate it
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What are some things you think are crazy if this idea wasn't one of them

its only my opinion that the idea is not crazy. other folks may think its total crazy. thats why we all have opinions. we can talk about them right?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:26 PM)Leon Wrote: its only my opinion that the idea is not crazy. other folks may think its total crazy. thats why we all have opinions. we can talk about them right?

Yes, I agree to that statement, I'm just trying to get a baseline on what you think may be a crazy idea vs. what I think might be a crazy idea.

I can understand why you have this idea, but I hope we aren't just thinking about winning some games here and there, I want to win a Superbowl and right now Joe Burrow is the only foreseeable way. Just win 1, they won't have to win another the rest of our lives lol.
Reply/Quote
How long has this franchise been around? How many years?
55 years?

It took the team 53 years to find a franchise quarterback of his caliber.
It's not a good idea to trade him away.
Especially not when we are competing for Super Bowls yearly.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:24 PM)Leon Wrote: i honestly think williams will be great. i also think joes contract will hurt the team. i might be dead wrong on both though but that was the reason for throwing out the idea. thank you for not just calling me names and actually talking about why you dont like the idea. i appreciate it

You think Williams will be great, but you don't know. You know Burrow is great.

Burrow's contract isn't the thing that will "hurt" this team. Signing Ja'Marr and Tee is what's going to hurt this team and where it's going to show up is the defense. The Bengals will have to become drafting fiends in order to keep a good, solid defense, because all of their money is going to be tied up in the offense and it's the defense that's going to get the short end of the stick.

No need to worry about Burrow's contract at all. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What are some things you think are crazy if this idea wasn't one of them

LOL LOL LOL

We don’t always see eye to eye Rueben, but this gave me a nice chuckle. Rep.

Reply/Quote
I appreciate ideas and outside of the box thinking, but when you hit on your franchise QB, you don't move on from him. What will be a huge cap hit for a few years, won't be that big a deal in a few seasons when the next wave of QBs get their mega deals. And the cap will continue to grow, so it won't hurt the team longterm.

Burrow is the real deal and the only player on this team that should be viewed as untouchable. Anyone else, is replaceable. If the concern is cap space, you go young at RB and WR and edge rusher (which are usually the other big cap hits).

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I know some of this has been said but I didn't read through everything.

We have a franchise QB that took us to the Super Bowl (being one block away from winning it) and to an AFCC with no offensive line, and you want to trade him away to draft a guy that could end up being a bust?

(How many "sure things" have ended up busts? I know it's not as common now, but still possible.)

How would you pay all of the picks and our other players? The wage scale helps but still not cheap.

Do you realize how much that would piss off other players? Getting rid of a franchise QB and wasting their shot at a SB in the upcoming year or two?

A million other reasons why this is a worse idea than me trusting my 15-year-old best friend to get drunk and then drive us to a party in the cemetery.........

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Fun fact:

Leon backwards is Noel
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Do not really want anymore soft USC QB's and definitely don't want to trade Burrow for one.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:54 PM)Leon Wrote: i think hes a terrific qb. i am just worried that his contract is going to set us back. hope im wrong

Did Mahomes contract set back the cheifs? Yes we’ll lose some players. All nfl teams do, it’s the nature of the business.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:04 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Getting rid of Joe Burrow doesn’t sound ideal to me. I may be wrong though!

You're not (wrong).  Getting rid of a proven top-tier NFL QB for future unproven NFL prospect is not only not ideal it's idiotic.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't it be much easier just to draft a wideout early (and often if needed over the next couple drafts) to replace Tee's 1080 yards instead of putting us in the financial bind forcing us to have to trade Burrow to keep a championship team together?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Oh no
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't like this idea. 

You don't even have to be a HoF poster to reach this conclusion.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I want to be respectful but this idea is nuts.

I do question our ability to sign Tee and Chase and shortchanging other positions.

Chiefs let Hill go and then won the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote