Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.63 Average
idea to make sure we win for years
(06-14-2023, 08:57 PM)Leon Wrote: you calling someone names and then accusing them of a troll post? 

i offered up an idea to talk about. theres been plenty of ideas thrown around on ths board. some good some not. dont mean we cant talk about them. even if they probably wont ever happen.

My initial thought regarding a poster describing this absurd idea as a "troll post" was someone being very polite instead of using words like stupid, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, slow-witted, witless, dunce-like, simple-minded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, obtuse, doltish, gullible, naive, blithering, deficient, nitwitted, oafish, stolid, addle-brained, dim, dumb, dopey, dozey, crazy, barmy, cretinous, birdbrained, pea-brained, pig-ignorant, bovine, slow on the uptake, soft in the head, brain-dead, boneheaded, lame-brained, thickheaded, chuckleheaded, dunderheaded, wooden-headed, fat-headed, muttonheaded, daft, not the full shilling, air-headed, bubble-headed, dopy, dorky, knuckle-headed, lunkheaded, nitwitted, pinheaded, thick as mince, thick-witted, woodenheaded, foolish, silly, unintelligent, scatterbrained, crackbrained, nonsensical, imbecilic, senseless, clueless, irresponsible, unthinking, careless, ill-advised, ill-considered, imprudent, inept, witless, negligent, reckless, birdbrained, thoughtless, unreasoned, unsound, inane, absurd, batty, screwball, wack, hopeless, incompetent, slack-jawed, perverse, banal, revolting, humiliating, disgraceful, embarrassing, degenerate, unhinged, hair-brained, inept, lacking property, unfacile, oblivious, uncouth, backwoods, contemptible, abhorrent, abominable, pathetic, sap, simpleton, stuporous, or stupendously stupefyingly chowderheaded.

Reply/Quote
Who the hell bumped up the rating on this thread? I hope someone hit it by accident. :lol:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 06:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Added fun fact, Noel is actual the first name of Paul from Peter, Paul & Mary.

And there are 2 guys who were in KISS with the first name Paul and neither of them are Paul Stanley.

Another fun fact, Paul spelled backwards is Luap. See how stupid this thread is?
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 04:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not a good comparison. Chase is a top 3 WR. Higgins is more like 10-15. You can afford to let Higgins go and get picks, because you have Chase. 

I get it. But, I rank Higgins way higher than 10-15. Believe me…..Chase, as much as I like him (a lot), wouldn’t be nearly as good if Higgins wasn’t his running mate.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 09:42 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I get it. But, I rank Higgins way higher than 10-15. Believe me…..Chase, as much as I like him (a lot), wouldn’t be nearly as good if Higgins wasn’t his running mate.

Hogwash.

Dude was a top 5 pick for a reason. You could make the argument that Chase’s numbers would be even better without having to share targets with Tee. We’d probably be talking triple crown contender.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 12:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who the hell bumped up the rating on this thread? I hope someone hit it by accident. LOL

I think you can rate your own posts? LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 09:42 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I get it.  But, I rank Higgins way higher than 10-15.   Believe me…..Chase, as much as I like him (a lot), wouldn’t be nearly as good if Higgins wasn’t his running mate.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one. I like Higgins a lot but he's not a Ja'Marr Chase, game-changer type. I'd put him as a lower end tier 2 WR, where Chase is a clear tier 1. All of the rankings i saw online have Tee as a tier 3, around 10 to 14ish. Tier 1 right now is JJ and Chase...that's it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 11:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: We're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one. I like Higgins a lot but he's not a Ja'Marr Chase, game-changer type. I'd put him as a lower end tier 2 WR, where Chase is a clear tier 1. All of the rankings i saw online have Tee as a tier 3, around 10 to 14ish. Tier 1 right now is JJ and Chase...that's it.

Agree to disagree. Without Higgins, Chase would be triple teamed every game and his numbers would go down. On the majority of the teams in the NFL, Higgins would be WR1
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 10:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hogwash.

Dude was a top 5 pick for a reason. You could make the argument that Chase’s numbers would be even better without having to share targets with Tee. We’d probably be talking triple crown contender.

I could make a point by saying Burrow’s INT numbers would go up for trying to force the ball to Chase if Higgins weren’t on the field as another outlet taking some of the opposing defense’s attention. We can play this game all day long.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 10:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hogwash.

That's the way i look at it. As far as double and triple teams go, you can only do that if the guy is stationary. It's so easy to move guys in so many different ways to avoid it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think for far too long, fans have been conditioned to believe a player like Burrow, who has nearly single handedly transformed this team into an NFL powerhouse in a short period of time, is interchangeable and replaceable. He’s not. He’s more than just a player on this team. He’s the de facto leader. Even listening to his presser’s, he’s always saying “we like (pick any given player or draft pick)”. Like he’s not only a player, but a coach. Carson Palmer could have been, but threatened, cajoled, his way off the team. And, for what exactly? Dillon could have been a leader for the team when the team really needed one. He went in the opposite direction. Think of the Pats without Brady. Think of the Colts without Manning. Burrow is that caliber of player. HE IS THE FRANCHISE. To suggest we trade him is simply ridiculous, regardless of the reason. I’m not here to troll the OP. It’s just making this a thread literally shaking my head.

I can think of 25…maybe 30 other teams who would take Burrow off our hands in a treasure trove of draft picks, all of which would make us a worse team, and make him their immediate starter.

Same thing with Higgins. This is not an “either/or” proposition. The CAP is going up, every single year. I can see what the Bengals are doing. They are reallocating funds to keep guys like Chase, Higgins, etc.

I think they hoped to replace Mixon’s nut in the draft. It didn’t fall that way. That’s OK. They can still do it next year with no harm done. But, that money comes off the books then in favor of a rookie RB contract. They’ve been stocking up on rookie DBs in the draft. These are (relatively) cheap contracts. Hopefully those pan out and we don’t have to worry about replacing or paying them 2nd or 3rd contracts, for the next few years.

TE is another area I thought we’d address. But, that position seems to be plug and play with Burrow under center. I feel good about the OL for the first time in a long time.

There are no glaring holes on this team. Why create some when it’s totally unnecessary?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:31 PM)Leon Wrote: fair points. i would say that i think a new deal will be a problem and lots a good players will be lost cause of it. i just worry about and i also think williams could be even better. like i said just an idea to talk about. its pretty boring this time of year

Williams could also be the next Jameis Winston.  

The other issue is that you would alienate a vast majority of the fan base and team if you moved on from Burrow at this point.  Does it make sense on a game simulator?  Sure, but in real life with players that have egos and real emotions, this move would absolutely sink the team for a few years to come.
Reply/Quote
And another thing (don’t stop me, I’m on a roll)…..

Every time you bring in a new QB, all that hard work with timing, 1,000s of reps, those things that are intangibles with payers who’ve fought in the trenches with each other, etc goes right out the window.

You trade Joe Burrow and you send this franchise back at least a decade, if not more.
Reply/Quote
As to Chase being better without Higgins or Vice Versa we can all just assume our stance is correct. But if we use last year's stats as a control group, Chase played 2 games without Tee and Tee played 4 without Chase. During those games.

Chase's average game was: 8.5 catches on 13.5 targets (62%), 84.5 yards (9.9 YPC) and 1 TD
Tee's average game was: 6.5 catches on 9 target (72%), 92.75 yards (14.2 YPC) and 1 TD

Who did better without the other one lined up across from them?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 11:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: My initial thought regarding a poster describing this absurd idea as a "troll post" was someone being very polite instead of using words like stupid, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, slow-witted, witless, dunce-like, simple-minded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, obtuse, doltish, gullible, naive, blithering, deficient, nitwitted, oafish, stolid, addle-brained, dim, dumb, dopey, dozey, crazy, barmy, cretinous, birdbrained, pea-brained, pig-ignorant, bovine, slow on the uptake, soft in the head, brain-dead, boneheaded, lame-brained, thickheaded, chuckleheaded, dunderheaded, wooden-headed, fat-headed, muttonheaded, daft, not the full shilling, air-headed, bubble-headed, dopy, dorky, knuckle-headed, lunkheaded, nitwitted, pinheaded, thick as mince, thick-witted, woodenheaded, foolish, silly, unintelligent, scatterbrained, crackbrained, nonsensical, imbecilic, senseless, clueless, irresponsible, unthinking, careless, ill-advised, ill-considered, imprudent, inept, witless, negligent, reckless, birdbrained, thoughtless, unreasoned, unsound, inane, absurd, batty, screwball, wack, hopeless, incompetent, slack-jawed, perverse, banal, revolting, humiliating, disgraceful, embarrassing, degenerate, unhinged, hair-brained, inept, lacking property, unfacile, oblivious, uncouth, backwoods, contemptible, abhorrent, abominable, pathetic, sap, simpleton, stuporous, or stupendously stupefyingly chowderheaded.

you coulda said i think your idea is silly an i disagree with it. but instead you made a long post that did nothing but outrite break the board rules over an over. 
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 09:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You think Williams will be great, but you don't know. You know Burrow is great.

Burrow's contract isn't the thing that will "hurt" this team. Signing Ja'Marr and Tee is what's going to hurt this team and where it's going to show up is the defense. The Bengals will have to become drafting fiends in order to keep a good, solid defense, because all of their money is going to be tied up in the offense and it's the defense that's going to get the short end of the stick.

No need to worry about Burrow's contract at all. 

you make good points. but the thing im worried most is were going to lose dj, trey, chito, tee, logan. and more. they aint going to be easy to replace. whats the chances you get the same types of guys with new guys. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 03:18 PM)Leon Wrote: you coulda said i think your idea is silly an i disagree with it. but instead you made a long post that did nothing but outrite break the board rules over an over. 

I simply suggested that the poster you had issues with was being polite and simply provided the potential descriptive adjectives that the poster chose not to utilize. 

The idea that an unproven college QB could come in and replace Burrow immediately is pretty far fetched. The entire concept of moving on the from the #2 QB in the league at age 26 due to salary is inconceivable.  Every good QB will eventually obtain a very high salary, do you propose we do this every 4 years?

With the busts we witness in each and every draft this idea is beyond risky and would seemingly be considered a laughable sarcastic troll post at best or an extremely amateur suggestion at worst, in my humble opinion. 

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 03:22 PM)Leon Wrote: you make good points. but the thing im worried most is were going to lose dj, trey, chito, tee, logan. and more. they aint going to be easy to replace. whats the chances you get the same types of guys with new guys. 

Have you ever heard a bird in hand, is worth two in the bush?

Burrow’s skill, leadership, and intangible are all proven elite at an NFL level. This team isn’t competing at a championship level with an Andy Dalton like QB.

What are the chances you get that with Caleb Williams? At best, 50/50. Basically, a coin flip. Heads maybe you have an elite QB. Tails and the Bengals suck again for another 5-10 years waiting for Williams to develop like Dalton before moving onto his successor.

No, thanks. I’ll take the bird in hand.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 01:39 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Agree to disagree.  Without Higgins, Chase would be triple teamed every game and his numbers would go down.  On the majority of the teams in the NFL, Higgins would be WR1

So basically you are saying that Chase is tiers below Davonte Adams, JJ, Kupp, Terry McLaurin, and CeeDee Lamb, amongst others?

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Have you ever heard a bird in hand, is worth two in the bush?

Burrow’s skill, leadership, and intangible are all proven elite at an NFL level. This team isn’t competing at a championship level with an Andy Dalton like QB.

What are the chances you get that with Caleb Williams? At best, 50/50. Basically, a coin flip. Heads maybe you have an elite QB. Tails and the Bengals suck again for another 5-10 years waiting for Williams to develop like Dalton before moving onto his successor.

No, thanks. I’ll take the bird in hand.

fair enough points. also maybe im much higher on williams than most or maybe im way more worried about the top players we will lose. like i said im not saying my idea was the best. just an idea. maybe im just looking to much down the road.
Reply/Quote