Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jeremy hill backup
(01-06-2017, 11:17 AM)samhain Wrote: Heard Dehner on he radio the other day saying he'd bet on it being Gio and a rookie.  There are about 7 guys in Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Foreman, Samuel, Kamarra(sp), Gallman, and Mixon who are all probably better than Hill right now.  Gotta think at least one will fall to the 3rd for them.  

If, however, Hobson is spreading the word that they have Burkhead in their plans, then I think there's something to it.  They wouldn't let him write anything that was too far from what they at least wanted to do.

I just don't understand letting Rex go after just showing he can play. Does Dehner really think that those few games
made Burkhead a monster money FA Running Back? With what they are saying here this is good for Rex and for once
i actually agree with Hobspin that it is a no brainer bringing him back. The problem for Rex is he always had Hill and
Gio in front of him who were the 2nd RB's taken in their respected drafts, now one is out of the way and one is comin
off injury.

But if not, Cook, McCaffery and Mixon really fit what we need as RB's who can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Don't know much about Foreman, Kamarra (sp) or Gallman.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just don't understand letting Rex go after just showing he can play. Does Dehner really think that those few games
made Burkhead a monster money FA Running Back? With what they are saying here this is good for Rex and for once
i actually agree with Hobspin that it is a no brainer bringing him back. The problem for Rex is he always had Hill and
Gio in front of him who were the 2nd RB's taken in their respected drafts, now one is out of the way and one is comin
off injury.

But if not, Cook, McCaffery and Mixon really fit what we need as RB's who can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Don't know much about Foreman, Kamarra (sp) or Gallman.

Foreman is who I really want in this draft. He has somehow flown under the rader, but the guy will run a 4.4 40 and he is 6'0 238. The guy is basically Steven Jackson in my mind, violent runner who runs through contact but can break away.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Foreman is who I really want in this draft. He has somehow flown under the rader, but the guy will run a 4.4 40 and he is 6'0 238. The guy is basically Steven Jackson in my mind, violent runner who runs through contact but can break away.

Thanks for the info Au165. Can Foreman catch the ball out of the backfield?

I like the physicality and any back you can compare to Steven Jackson should raise anyone's eyebrows.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the info Au165. Can Foreman catch the ball out of the backfield?

I like the physicality and any back you can compare to Steven Jackson should raise anyone's eyebrows.

That is probably the one area he wasn't asked to do much at Texas. Not saying he can't do it, but they didn't ask him to. I wouldn't let that stop me from drafting him though knowing Gio is there for that.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is probably the one area he wasn't asked to do much at Texas. Not saying he can't do it, but they didn't ask him to. I wouldn't let that stop me from drafting him though knowing Gio is there for that.

I just find predictability to be a major factor in the next RB we pick up. Honestly i am liking what SHRacerX is saying
about drafting Dalvin Cook or a RB who can catch the ball out of the backfield like Rex/Gio. If all of our backs can do
all the same things it makes it much harder for a Defense to figure us out.

With a guy like Foreman it sounds like the Defense would know it is a run similar to Hill now, even if he runs ten times
more physical. The Steven Jackson comparison did raise my eyebrows though like i said, but i want a versatile back.

Dalvin Cook, McCaffrey, Joe Mixon etc.

What kind of backs are Kamarra and Gallman i wonder?
Reply/Quote
Hill and Gio averaged the same ypc yet Hill is terrible and Gio is the answer......
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just find predictability to be a major factor in the next RB we pick up. Honestly i am liking what SHRacerX is saying
about drafting Dalvin Cook or a RB who can catch the ball out of the backfield like Rex/Gio. If all of our backs can do
all the same things it makes it much harder for a Defense to figure us out.

With a guy like Foreman it sounds like the Defense would know it is a run similar to Hill now, even if he runs ten times
more physical. The Steven Jackson comparison did raise my eyebrows though like i said, but i want a versatile back.

Dalvin Cook, McCaffrey, Joe Mixon etc.

What kind of backs are Kamarra and Gallman i wonder?

Yep, when all of your backs are a dual threat, it's hard to pick up on what the offense is going to do.  We pretty telegraph what we are going to do when Hill hits the field.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:35 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Hill and Gio averaged the same ypc yet Hill is terrible and Gio is the answer......

I'm not sure Gio is the answer.....but look at the numbers by 32 outside of two games against the Stains.  It's not very pretty.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:35 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Hill and Gio averaged the same ypc yet Hill is terrible and Gio is the answer......

Difference is Gio just got extended and is better out of the backfield catching the ball and as Wyche here says...

(01-06-2017, 04:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, when all of your backs are a dual threat, it's hard to pick up on what the offense is going to do.  We pretty telegraph what we are going to do when Hill hits the field.

(01-06-2017, 04:47 PM)Wyche Wrote:  
I'm not sure Gio is the answer.....but look at the numbers by 32 outside of two games against the Stains.  It's not very pretty.

Makes me like Rex all the much better honestly. He just doesn't give up on runs.

He gets hit behind the line and is always leaning for or lunging for more yards. This is on his short runs.

Bring this guy back, package McCarron and Hill for a couple mid rounders and draft a versatile back.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Foreman is who I really want in this draft. He has somehow flown under the rader, but the guy will run a 4.4 40 and he is 6'0 238. The guy is basically Steven Jackson in my mind, violent runner who runs through contact but can break away.

He's an absolute monster between the tackles.  Wouldn't be shocked to see him gone in round one, before McCaffrey.

Also, I didn't even mention Nick Chubb. This is an insanely loaded draft at RB.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:00 PM)samhain Wrote: He's an absolute monster between the tackles.  Wouldn't be shocked to see him gone in round one, before McCaffrey.

Also, I didn't even mention Nick Chubb.  This is an insanely loaded draft at RB.

Not what we need unless they are versatile. This Offense sucks when they are predictable.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:59 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: So were gonna go into the season with a rb with a blown out knee.his game is predicated on speed and cuts.he wont be fully ready week 1.lets take a fournette or cook to help ease the comeback of gio.fournettebis a future star.he plays so violently .....he has afc north written all over him
Yeah that's what we need a running back with chronic ankle issues in the afc north.
(01-06-2017, 05:00 PM)samhain Wrote: He's an absolute monster between the tackles.  Wouldn't be shocked to see him gone in round one, before McCaffrey.

Also, I didn't even mention Nick Chubb. This is an insanely loaded draft at RB.

Chubb went back for another season.
Reply/Quote
I'd love Fournette or Cook. Different styles. Ones like Adrian Peterson the other is like David Johnson
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: so tried to copy and paste the article but it isn't cooperating. apparently Jeremy hill is gonna be a backup/gl man for the bengals. Giovanni Bernard will be co-starter with rex burkhead if he stays.but either way gio is starter going forward. am I the only one who wanted this but didn't think they would make gio starter?

Do not write off Hill just yet. Remember our O Line stunk most of the year. Hill scores a lot of touchdowns.....Improving the O line would improve Hill, Gio, Burkhead, Green, Boyd, Core, Dalton and all these players that need blocking before the X's and O's work.  The plays just don't work without blocking. ....I do think in the future we draft a RB that is better than all 3 of these guys. Hopefully not this draft.  We need LB and O Line help and the talent is there to draft in this years draft at LB and O line. ......I love Burkhead had big game, but, remember Baltimore was also out of play-offs and on the road over holidays.  They had little to play for.  .....I thought Gio did little before his injury.  I see no reason to hand the job to Gio who looked awful.   After 2016, I see no reason to hand anybody jobs. Many players have to show in Spring and Summer practice reasons why they should not be fired. I would have Hill very much in the competition and would not hand anything to Gio or Burkhead.  ALSO,  Burkhead and Peerman are free agents. Burkhead could end up on another team, that is the way of life in the NFL. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 07:16 PM)kevin Wrote: Do not write off Hill just yet. Remember our O Line stunk most of the year. Hill scores a lot of touchdowns.....Improving the O line would improve Hill, Gio, Burkhead, Green, Boyd, Core, Dalton and all these players that need blocking before the X's and O's work.  The plays just don't work without blocking. ....I do think in the future we draft a RB that is better than all 3 of these guys. Hopefully not this draft.  We need LB and O Line help and the talent is there to draft in this years draft at LB and O line. ......I love Burkhead had big game, but, remember Baltimore was also out of play-offs and on the road over holidays.  They had little to play for.  .....I thought Gio did little before his injury.  I see no reason to hand the job to Gio who looked awful.   After 2016, I see no reason to hand anybody jobs. Many players have to show in Spring and Summer practice reasons why they should not be fired. I would have Hill very much in the competition and would not hand anything to Gio or Burkhead.  ALSO,  Burkhead and Peerman are free agents. Burkhead could end up on another team, that is the way of life in the NFL. 

Hill sucked in 2015 too though......

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:54 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I'd love Fournette or Cook.  Different styles.  Ones like Adrian Peterson the other is like David Johnson

I would take the one like David Johnson for our team as crazy as that sounds.

Versatility man, gotta have it here or you are dead in the water.
Reply/Quote
Ive had my fill of Jeremy. All of the stupid dancing and has there ever been a player that comes up limping only to come back in a play later as much as him?

Drink some water man!
Reply/Quote
I got the cure to to the Bengals RB blues.

[Image: 635848337373932984-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-NOR...128386.JPG]

James Conner.  6'2" 240 lbs  4.7 est 40  Beat cancer.  Set ACC Career TD record as a Junior after missing a full season due to cancer and an mcl injury.   Incredibly tough runner.  Incredibly tough kid.   He'll be waiting for us with a 3rd round comp pick most likely.

He would be a great complement to Gio, bringing the power running they used Hill for, but also bringing a pass catching dynamic that Hill lacked (Conner had more catches and yards after his return from cancer than Hill had his entire career at LSU). Also would really complement Gio and the offenses personalities as well.  Think a bigger, thicker Gio off the field. 

And how did he do in the biggest game of his season against then #3 Clemson?  
Rushing: 20 carriers/132 yard, 6.6 avg, 1 TD  (44 more yards rushing by himself than Ohio State managed as a team against Clemson)
Receiving: 3 recp/57 yards, 19 avg, 1 TD (14 more yards and 1 more TD than Ohio State's star Curtis Samuel managed against Clemson)

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Id be surprised if anything changes. Rex could have looked like the next Barry Sanders, but they still would either let him walk or make him 3rd rb. Bengals will go into next season trying to do everything the same as they started at this season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Where is this stuff about Zeitler coming from? In just about every thread someone is dogging him for his performance this year, yet he played 100% of snaps, was named 2nd team All Pro Right Guard, and 7th ranked of all guards this year. I fail to see that as disappointing. He was having to play 2 positions......RG and RT... I think he's earned the money he is going to get, and I hope he stays here....

Guards are being massively overvalued right now due to the advent of guys like Aaron Donald and our own Geno Atkins.  

His durability was a big plus, but regardless of what he was ranked by PFF I saw numerous times when the Bengals needed a yard or less that he was pushed back in to the lap of the RB.  He is a solid, but not spectacular pass blocker, but a deficient run blocker.  I'm guessing he ends up elsewhere, because someone have a huge need and he will look like a good fit...a former first round pick.  The Bengals know what he is worth, and will not overpay.

Another way to look at the "money he is going to get":  Would you rather have Zeitler, or Whit?  Or Dre?  For me, Zeitler isn't the priority.  It will depend on what the Bengals think of Westerman, but they also have a plethora of draft picks this year. 
Reply/Quote