Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jeremy hill backup
(01-08-2017, 04:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I respectfully disagree.  Look up his highlight videos from his freshman and Sophmore years. I actually thought he looked faster than 4.53 I think he plays in the late 4.4 bc he destroyed Ohio State and burned  lbs who run 4.4 40s. There's a link to the videos in draft central under Joe mixon. Also the dude has hands like Tyler Boyd his one handed catches are NICE can't understate that. But I saw someone on here say hill was always a half step too slow and Hill is about the same speed as Connor. just feel like hill and Conner they need their oline to be good to be good rbs.  a rb like mixon I feel like he makes his oline better.

After watching what Conner did to Clemson's defensive line running behind Pitt's offensive line, I would say that he creates holes where there might not be one.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 02:41 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Idk how he got that time, cause if you watch the highlights,mixon looks slow,and Connor looks like he has good speed for a big guy.

I am with Jpoore in this one.

Don't know how you think Mixon looks slow. Dude can play WR, RB and return kicks.

Dude is a fine athlete with great hands. Just what we need. Problem for him is he hit a woman which i don't like.

Connor looks much slower than Mixon and i think everyone who watches the two would see this.

(01-08-2017, 04:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I respectfully disagree.  Look up his highlight videos from his freshman and Sophmore years. I actually thought he looked faster than 4.53 I think he plays in the late 4.4 bc he destroyed Ohio State and burned  lbs who run 4.4 40s. There's a link to the videos in draft central under Joe mixon. Also the dude has hands like Tyler Boyd his one handed catches are NICE can't understate that. But I saw someone on here say hill was always a half step too slow and Hill is about the same speed as Connor. just feel like hill and Conner they need their oline to be good to be good rbs.  a rb like mixon I feel like he makes his oline better.

Same.

(01-08-2017, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've never seen Rex not run hard....

Me either, he has always ran hard, always.

He runs ten times harder than Hill and runs harder than Gio.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 03:50 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Good article to say Hill should be 3rd leg, many of us agree. And it would probably be his last year because I think this guy is too immature to accept that role.

Immature?? Who, this guy??? (that might be the understatement of the year)

Reply/Quote

Ok I went and watched a different video, you are right he's not slow,I misjudged him.I still don't like that he hit that girl,and all them people said it was justified.I don't see it that way. Any other running backs you know of I want one who can break a long td plus give us good down and distances.

Jeremy hill is the only home run hitteron this team imo, gio hasn't done it forever, Rex is more down and distance and first down maker in my eyes, I don't see him running 80 yd tds. Or even half that lol. But he was quick and had moves and can pick up 1st Downs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 03:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Immature?? Who, this guy??? (that might be the understatement of the year)

Rough crowd lol aleast it meant a lot to him
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 10:48 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Ok I went and watched a different video, you are right he's not slow,I misjudged him.I still don't like that he hit that girl,and all them people said it was justified.I don't see it that way. Any other running backs you know of I want one who can break a long td plus give us good down and distances.

Jeremy hill is the only home run hitteron this team imo, gio hasn't done it forever, Rex is more down and distance and first down maker in my eyes, I don't see him running 80 yd tds. Or even half that lol. But he was quick and had moves and can pick up 1st Downs. 

Apparently she was yelling racial slurs at him and yeah no matter if she's hitting you or not it's not right. But there's a possibility he's undrafted I want him with 4th round comp but I understand people hesitance but if he's still there at 6? When he's a first round grade? Ohh boy. And as far as other rbs? He is my main one for this year I guarantee we won't draft a rb in first 2 rounds we just won't so not gonna bring up cooks, mccafferey, etc. So thats why I bring up mixon bc he would be a top 25 pick had it not been for this. And we get him in late late rounds. If we don't draft mixon and u want a home run hitter next year saquan Barkley would be my number 1 pick. I really like foreman in the third but not sure how he is in passing game bc he wasn't utilized that way in Texas. There are a lot of good end but if u want one who can pick up blitzes well can catch and can run mixon is the best. As I said before though if Barkley drops to us next year pick him up asap. Just in the last 2 games against osu I think he had something like 450 yards of offense? Against those elite players?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 10:06 PM)Burma Wrote: Hill has looked great at hitting the hole fast at times, not sure if it's a "want to" or an ability thing.  It doesn't look like he has put on much weight or anything like that. So, who knows.

I watched the Clemson and Penn State games closely and thought Conner hit the hole pretty fast.  He seems to be a bit more patient and sets his blocks up better than Hill does, so maybe that is contributing to not hitting super fast.  He's looked great coming back from what his body went through and I imagine he is not at his ceiling in physical ability right now.  But I can't say that factually as I have, thankfully  Pray , not been in his position.

The main factor though is how high of a draft pick are they willing to spend on replacing Hill?  Dalvin Cook, and the other top studs are going to command a big pick.  Are the Bengals looking for a 3rd round comp or later player?  If they are looking for a later round replacement then I think they could do worse than Conner.
Hill usually has a couple defensive guys in the backfield when he gets the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not what we need unless they are versatile. This Offense sucks when they are predictable.

He averaged over 7 YPC as a sophomore and 6.3 YPC this year.  He's also a 250 pound load.  If they can't bring back Burkhead, he's the between-the-tackles chain mover I'd love to see on this team.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 10:51 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Rough crowd lol aleast it meant a lot to him

It meant a lot to everyone, but this is how a 6 year old acts....
Reply/Quote
My issue with Connor as bad as it sounds, is the possibility of the cancer returning. I think that will actually concern a lot of teams and will push him to a day 3/UDFA. With that said if he is there day 3 I definitely take a chance because he is a chain mover.
Reply/Quote
I have always hated Hill and I wish they would have never drafted him. Gio runs the ball for 70 yards and he comes in to pound it for 1 yard only to celebrate like 3 year old. **** that guy

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, that's a good point.  I guess I am just jaded after the No Make Nuge/Ogbuehi debacle and the general tendency of this staff to stick with players/ideas far too long.

With the way this line blocks, I think you need the shiftier back.  They can get lost in traffic among the big uglies, and are "slippery" in congestion.  I'd love to see a Gio/Rex/Dalvin Cook three headed monster.

You're FSU guy, so I am not saying anything you don't already know, but I think Cook is better than anyone currently on the roster.  The guy has power, speed, is a great receiver out of the backfield.  I think he could be another LeVeon Bell at the NFL level.  Of course, if the offensive line continues to suck, it won't matter if they invent time travel and draft Barry Sanders Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: so tried to copy and paste the article but it isn't cooperating. apparently Jeremy hill is gonna be a backup/gl man for the bengals. Giovanni Bernard will be co-starter with rex burkhead if he stays.but either way gio is starter going forward. am I the only one who wanted this but didn't think they would make gio starter?

I don't understand the fascination with Bernard starting with his selection over Bell and Lacy in the draft. Those two were clearly better college players and are better pro players as well.

Then there's 2016 where Gio was having his worst year as a pro before being injured.

Hill's problems aside, I don't see that Gio has shown us he's any better.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't understand the fascination with Bernard starting with his selection over Bell and Lacy in the draft. Those two were clearly better college players and are better pro players as well.

Then there's 2016 where Gio was having his worst year as a pro before being injured.

Hill's problems aside, I don't see that Gio has shown us he's any better.

Yep...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:02 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You're FSU guy, so I am not saying anything you don't already know, but I think Cook is better than anyone currently on the roster.  The guy has power, speed, is a great receiver out of the backfield.  I think he could be another LeVeon Bell at the NFL level.  Of course, if the offensive line continues to suck, it won't matter if they invent time travel and draft Barry Sanders Ninja

After his bowl performance, Cook has shot all the way to the #4 overall prospect on CBS, knocking Fournette completely out of the top 10.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:16 AM)samhain Wrote: He averaged over 7 YPC as a sophomore and 6.3 YPC this year.  He's also a 250 pound load.  If they can't bring back Burkhead, he's the between-the-tackles chain mover I'd love to see on this team.

If we got a new O-line coach like Mike Tice i might start to come around for Foreman but if we keep PA we
need RB's that can catch the ball out of the backfield. Foreman does not sound like this back by your own
admition.

(01-09-2017, 12:02 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You're FSU guy, so I am not saying anything you don't already know, but I think Cook is better than anyone currently on the roster.  The guy has power, speed, is a great receiver out of the backfield.  I think he could be another LeVeon Bell at the NFL level.  Of course, if the offensive line continues to suck, it won't matter if they invent time travel and draft Barry Sanders Ninja

(01-09-2017, 12:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After his bowl performance, Cook has shot all the way to the #4 overall prospect on CBS, knocking Fournette completely out of the top 10.

Yeah, my favorite RB in this draft by far.

Florida State's O-line isn't that good either which fits us perfectly lmao
Reply/Quote
I see no reason to carry Hill as a goal line back either. Burkhart has shown he is money on 3rd and short, and has not been denied. He could be the goal line back every bit as good as Hill. Hill, to me, is simply not needed anymore. If it is shown we need a heavier back later on in the season, bring up Carson from the PS.... we could get "something" for him I would think.... I'm done with him and his dancing. He cost us that playoff win...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I see no reason to carry Hill as a goal line back either. Burkhart has shown he is money on 3rd and short, and has not been denied. He could be the goal line back every bit as good as Hill. Hill, to me, is simply not needed anymore. If it is shown we need a heavier back later on in the season, bring up Carson from the PS.... we could get "something" for him I would think.... I'm done with him and his dancing. He cost us that playoff win...

The reason is simple, he has one year left on a rookie deal that is cheap. BurkHEAD is a FA and will be leaving.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: The reason is simple, he has one year left on a rookie deal that is cheap. BurkHEAD is a FA and will be leaving.

I'd rather pay him to leave than watch another year of him running into the back of our oline then be tackled........
Reply/Quote
Sure is a small sample size from Burkhead for everyone to just say he is gone for big money.

Gio is coming off of injury and Hill has problems with his identity. The starting job is his here right now if we bring him back.

That should be on his mind. Bring back Rex.
Reply/Quote