Hill has 2 choices, 3rd RB or gone
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 05:25 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Hill has 2 choices, 3rd RB or gone

I'm good with gone.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 08:30 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'm in this sports group and they asked who has the best running back duo,none was mentioned for us lol. it's sad we don't even have that, when we picked two 2nd rounders lol.  I thought we had one of the best at one time, hill I thought was our missing piece, I loved that we finally got a bigger back with some speed, but even I know they don't use him right and he's regressed. Both our 2nd rounders have regressed. Gio is just a pass catcher, he always gets caught, and he dances too behind the line.
It could be that the Bengals have only 8 scouts and some of them are part of a scout-pool. PATHETIC!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely, and Cook played behind a suspect o line the past two years, so that may help him some playing here.  They got Francios absolutely KILLED at Louisville this season.  If Dalvin Cook is on the board at #9, I don't see how you pass him up.  I really think this guy is the next franchise type back.  People on here said I was nuts for wanting Devonta Freeman a couple of years ago, I guess the Falcons weren't so nutty after all.  Cook is a lot better than Freeman was. Things change at the next level, and I could be wrong, but I think this guy is one of, if not the best prospect in the entire draft.  I don't see a hole anywhere in his game.  Kid's got a lot of heart too.

As much as i hate to say it, Cook reminds me a lot of LT. I'd love to have him...which pretty much means the Bengals either won't get a chance, or if he's there, they'll pass on him for some dork that i'll roll my eyes at. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The O-line is what needs to be fixed, if this happens the running game will be fine.

I'm not gonna even try to say the Oline was good, but there were plenty of holes that, if taken advantage of, would have made them and the running game look much better. 

LBell was always nimble, even at 235+ in college. The smartest thing he ever did was shedding about 20lbs. That's what made him the star he is. If Hill had half a brain, he'd drop about 10-15lbs and he would improve dramatically. He's just too slow out of the gate to hit a quick-closing hole. But noooooooooooooooo. Pitt has to get the smart one...

I'll gladly take Cook and run he and Gio #1 and #2. Of course, now that he's the one i wan't, it's pretty much guaranteed he'll go somewhere else and be a star. Rex or no Rex, i really don't care. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would pass on Fournette and move on to one of the other top RB prospects if it were me and you don't get #4 in the draft.  I think the ankle is an issue, and playing at LSU seems to make backs look better than they really are.  Kinda like bama.

Fournette looks too much like a Hill clone.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As much as i hate to say it, Cook reminds me a lot of LT. I'd love to have him...which pretty much means the Bengals either won't get a chance, or if he's there, they'll pass on him for some dork that i'll roll my eyes at. 

That's a pretty good comparison.  I also saw him compared to Clinton Portis, but I believe he is closer to LT, now that you mention it.  I feel your pain on yet ANOTHER CB that will play in 2020, or another one of PA's dumbass decisions.

(01-12-2017, 12:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fournette looks too much like a Hill clone.

This is my opinion as well.  I stated elsewhere that I am pretty gunshy on drafting backs high from LSU or Alabama.  They have excellent o lines and blocking schemes.  The RB seems to be plug and play, kinda like QBs in Urban Meyer's offense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:26 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not gonna even try to say the Oline was good, but there were plenty of holes that, if taken advantage of, would have made them and the running game look much better. 

LBell was always nimble, even at 235+ in college. The smartest thing he ever did was shedding about 20lbs. That's what made him the star he is. If Hill had half a brain, he'd drop about 10-15lbs and he would improve dramatically. He's just too slow out of the gate to hit a quick-closing hole. But noooooooooooooooo. Pitt has to get the smart one...

I'll gladly take Cook and run he and Gio #1 and #2. Of course, now that he's the one i wan't, it's pretty much guaranteed he'll go somewhere else and be a star. Rex or no Rex, i really don't care. 

The biggest difference between Hill and Bell is vision and the fact that Hill tries to run like a scat back
when he is not in the redzone. He has an identity crisis. He is screwed up in the head mon. I don't believe
the weight is the prob with Jeremy. He needs to run like a power back, that is who he is.

He just has a scat back identity without the quicks.

This is why we need Rex back, he has great vision, he is quick, catches the ball out of the backfield and
runs the ball hard every play. Rex right now is our best RB by far. Bring him back.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The biggest difference between Hill and Bell is vision and the fact that Hill tries to run like a scat back
when he is not in the redzone. He has an identity crisis. He is screwed up in the head mon. I don't believe
the weight is the prob with Jeremy. He needs to run like a power back, that is who he is.

This is why we need Rex back, he has great vision, he is quick, catches the ball out of the backfield and
runs the ball hard every play. Rex right now is our best RB by far. Bring him back.
My question is he always playing through injury...  or is the guy constantly getting knicked?

I have never seen a player pull himself out as much as he does.

He just seems oddly soft for his stature.  Gets gassed at times too.

Hill may need some different conditioning as well as a trip to a shrink.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 04:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: My question is he always playing through injury...  or is the guy constantly getting knicked?

I have never seen a player pull himself out as much as he does.

He just seems oddly soft for his stature.  Gets gassed at times too.

Hill may need some different conditioning as well as a trip to a shrink.

He does run off the field often panting.

You are onto something here. It isn't just mental.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't understand the fascination with Bernard starting with his selection over Bell and Lacy in the draft. Those two were clearly better college players and are better pro players as well.

Then there's 2016 where Gio was having his worst year as a pro before being injured.

Hill's problems aside, I don't see that Gio has shown us he's any better.

Again we go back to the Bengals' scouts. Too few and cheap. Just the way Mikey wants it. Because of this, we don't draft players like Bell or Lacy when available. Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The biggest difference between Hill and Bell is vision and the fact that Hill tries to run like a scat back

He runs like a power back...right into the back of his Olinemen. I do think, as you, his vision is poor. But his weight is an issue. His identity crisis is he wants to be like Bell, but he doesn't have the quickness to get up to speed as fast. Losing 15lbs could help him. 

Rex, i'm kinda meh on. Sure, he does well in small sample sizes but i'm not convinced he's the answer long term. People around here get too jacked up when they see the soup du jour and they inevitably get let down when that player doesn't pan out. Seen it tooooooo many times. 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 10:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He runs like a power back...right into the back of his Olinemen. I do think, as you, his vision is poor. But his weight is an issue. His identity crisis is he wants to be like Bell, but he doesn't have the quickness to get up to speed as fast. Losing 15lbs could help him. 

Rex, i'm kinda meh on. Sure, he does well in small sample sizes but i'm not convinced he's the answer long term. People around here get too jacked up when they see the soup du jour and they inevitably get let down when that player doesn't pan out. Seen it tooooooo many times. 

Might be right about Hill's weight. I just liked it his rookie season when he ran with conviction and would
bowl defenders over. He lost that mentally it seems and as Rocker said he seems gassed often. Needs to
get in better shape.

Rex just runs hard every snap, i doubt he just loses this. He ran all over the Ravens, when is the last time
a Bengal RB did this? The Ravens are a great run stopping Defense. Brandon Williams is a beast.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Might be right about Hill's weight. I just liked it his rookie season when he ran with conviction and would
bowl defenders over. He lost that mentally it seems and as Rocker said he seems gassed often. Needs to
get in better shape.

Rex just runs hard every snap, i doubt he just loses this. He ran all over the Ravens, when is the last time
a Bengal RB did this? The Ravens are a great run stopping Defense. Brandon Williams is a beast.

Just wanted to back up a bit...so i don't come across wrong. I like Rex in his #3 role and i hope he stays. I don't think he does better than that, here or anywhere. He does deserve a few more snaps though. 

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 03:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just wanted to back up a bit...so i don't come across wrong. I like Rex in his #3 role and i hope he stays. I don't think he does better than that, here or anywhere. He does deserve a few more snaps though. 

I guess we just disagree on Rex, he is clearly our best RB right now and until Gio or Hill show they are better i
would have Rex as our #1. Gio is hurt, Hill has terrible vision and an identity crisis. Rex has better vision, hands
and burst then either of these guys right now.

Unless we draft Dalvin Cook or somebody i think it would be a huge mistake to let Burkhead go.

We will regret it.

The coaches are just terrible at evaluating talent. Happens time after time when injuries occur.

The better player comes in and plays better.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess we just disagree on Rex, he is clearly our best RB right now and until Gio or Hill show they are better i
would have Rex as our #1. Gio is hurt, Hill has terrible vision and an identity crisis. Rex has better vision, hands
and burst then either of these guys right now.

Unless we draft Dalvin Cook or somebody i think it would be a huge mistake to let Burkhead go.

We will regret it.

The coaches are just terrible at evaluating talent. Happens time after time when injuries occur.

The better player comes in and plays better.

On the current roster, yes. I was thinking more...draft a RB as the #1 and Gio would be #2 or even 2a and Rex would be 2b. 

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 11:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: On the current roster, yes. I was thinking more...draft a RB as the #1 and Gio would be #2 or even 2a and Rex would be 2b. 

I would be fine with that, plus Rex is a decent ST'er and Peerman is getting up there in age.

The thing is, Rex might rather go somewhere else rather than be a 2b RB and ST'er.

He might get a better shot somewhere else if this is the case. Personally i would tell Rex he is our #1 right now and re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be fine with that, plus Rex is a decent ST'er and Peerman is getting up there in age.

The thing is, Rex might rather go somewhere else rather than be a 2b RB and ST'er.

He might get a better shot somewhere else if this is the case. Personally i would tell Rex he is our #1 right now and re-sign him.

I could be wrong but my guess is he won't get a better offer than here.

Limited playing time and small sample size stats could be the very thing that works in the Bengals favor.

Rex might be more like a future version of Cedric Peerman in terms of job safety.

So the best thing for the team would do is to throw some up front money and sign him to a deal that way.

The hand they should play is "the known with a bonus and security... with perhaps a window of opportunity " opposed to the "unknown with opportunity" deal that could crash & burn.

It really comes down to what Rex's decision style sways to.

Does he risk going for it?

I'd hope that our team at least values him for a viable replacement for Ced P.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 02:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I could be wrong but my guess is he won't get a better offer than here.

Limited playing time and small sample size stats could be the very thing that works in the Bengals favor.

Rex might be more like a future version of Cedric Peerman in terms of job safety.

So the best thing for the team would do is to throw some up front money and sign him to a deal that way.

The hand they should play is "the known with a bonus and security... with perhaps a window of opportunity " opposed to the "unknown with opportunity" deal that could crash & burn.

It really comes down to what Rex's decision style sways to.

Does he risk going for it?

I'd hope that our team at least values him for a viable replacement for Ced P.

I hope so. Dude runs with conviction unlike Hill and is not hurt like Gio.

Plus Gio had a down year last year as well. Rex is clearly our best RB right now.

Plus like you said, would be a viable replacement for Peerman. Just makes too much sense to bring him back.
Reply/Quote
Which of all of these guys are available in the 3rd or 4th round? I would attempt to trade or otherwise cut Hill, and get whichever of these guys will be available in the 3rd or 4th round.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote