Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jeremy hill backup
(01-09-2017, 12:02 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You're FSU guy, so I am not saying anything you don't already know, but I think Cook is better than anyone currently on the roster.  The guy has power, speed, is a great receiver out of the backfield.  I think he could be another LeVeon Bell at the NFL level.  Of course, if the offensive line continues to suck, it won't matter if they invent time travel and draft Barry Sanders Ninja

Absolutely, and Cook played behind a suspect o line the past two years, so that may help him some playing here.  They got Francios absolutely KILLED at Louisville this season.  If Dalvin Cook is on the board at #9, I don't see how you pass him up.  I really think this guy is the next franchise type back.  People on here said I was nuts for wanting Devonta Freeman a couple of years ago, I guess the Falcons weren't so nutty after all.  Cook is a lot better than Freeman was. Things change at the next level, and I could be wrong, but I think this guy is one of, if not the best prospect in the entire draft. I don't see a hole anywhere in his game. Kid's got a lot of heart too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure is a small sample size from Burkhead for everyone to just say he is gone for big money.

Gio is coming off of injury and Hill has problems with his identity. The starting job is his here right now if we bring him back.

That should be on his mind. Bring back Rex.

Remember after Hill's rookie year when everyone was anointing him as the best back in the league, how we would hand him the ball 25 times a game, and the Super Bowl trophies would start to pile up?

It is a VERY small sample size for Burkhead and there is a reason he has been here four years, and sees the field for about 20 plays a year.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd rather pay him to leave than watch another year of him running into the back of our oline then be tackled........

You can say that, but in a salary cap league you need a certain amount of your team on rookie deals to make it work.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:09 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Remember after Hill's rookie year when everyone was anointing him as the best back in the league, how we would hand him the ball 25 times a game, and the Super Bowl trophies would start to pile up?

It is a VERY small sample size for Burkhead and there is a reason he has been here four years, and sees the field for about 20 plays a year.

Yeah, i remember. Hill looked great his rookie year. Too bad he lost it mentally.

The difference i think is Rex has a lot better mental makeup from what i have seen and just runs his ass off.

Don't understand why we don't just offer him an extension and say as of right now you are the starter.

As long as we don't have someone like Cook or Fournette on our minds at 9.

The O-line is what needs to be fixed, if this happens the running game will be fine.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i remember. Hill looked great his rookie year. Too bad he lost it mentally.

The difference i think is Rex has a lot better mental makeup from what i have seen and just runs his ass off.

Don't understand why we don't just offer him an extension and say as of right now you are the starter.

The O-line is what needs to be fixed, if this happens the running game will be fine.

I would pass on Fournette and move on to one of the other top RB prospects if it were me and you don't get #4 in the draft.  I think the ankle is an issue, and playing at LSU seems to make backs look better than they really are.  Kinda like bama.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i remember. Hill looked great his rookie year. Too bad he lost it mentally.

As much as it pains me to say this, I think we have to trust the coaches.  There is a reason he has always been the third string back.  They see him in practice every day, they know what he is capable of.  I would hope that if he were really that good, he would have had more chances by now.  Let's be honest... except for the last half of Hill's rookie year, the run game has pretty much sucked.  If Marvin really had this stud sitting on the bench week in and week out for the last four years, he should be fired immediately.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would pass on Fournette and move on to one of the other top RB prospects if it were me and you don't get #4 in the draft.  I think the ankle is an issue, and playing at LSU seems to make backs look better than they really are.  Kinda like bama.

I like Cook light years ahead of Fournette myself Wyche.

Completely agree as usual.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: As much as it pains me to say this, I think we have to trust the coaches.  There is a reason he has always been the third string back.  They see him in practice every day, they know what he is capable of.  I would hope that if he were really that good, he would have had more chances by now.  Let's be honest... except for the last half of Hill's rookie year, the run game has pretty much sucked.  If Marvin really had this stud sitting on the bench week in and week out for the last four years, he should be fired immediately.

Marv should be fired immediately lmao

I can't trust these coaches especially Marv when it comes to his own players.

It always takes an injury for us to see what we have in these guys that are always sitting on the bench.

We need a deep threat, Core is right there not being dressed, we finally dress him he is exactly what we needed most of the year.

We need a RB that runs hard, Gio and Hill have to get injured for us to play Burkhead and this is the only way we see him.

These coaches saw Ogbuehi in every practice and decide to start this guy over Winston who was clearly better this year.

Could go on and on with the ineptness of these coaches.

The only good ones are Urban, Geunther and Simmons as far as i can tell.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Marv should be fired immediately lmao

It always takes an injury for us to see what we have in these guys that are always sitting on the bench.

We need a deep threat, Core is right there not being dressed, we finally dress him he is exactly what we needed most of the year.

We need a RB that runs hard, Gio and Hill have to get injured for us to play Burkhead and this is the only way we see him.

These coaches saw Ogbuehi in every practice and decide to start this guy over Winston who was clearly better this year.

I can't argue with this...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Marv should be fired immediately lmao

Excellent response. There is absolutely nothing trustworthy about this staff. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Excellent response. There is absolutely nothing trustworthy about this staff. 

Exactly my thoughts,I don't trust the coaches, it always takes a great injury, even that 3rd round safety got a pick on his first Rep didn't he? 
Reply/Quote
I'm in this sports group and they asked who has the best running back duo,none was mentioned for us lol. it's sad we don't even have that, when we picked two 2nd rounders lol. I thought we had one of the best at one time, hill I thought was our missing piece, I loved that we finally got a bigger back with some speed, but even I know they don't use him right and he's regressed. Both our 2nd rounders have regressed. Gio is just a pass catcher, he always gets caught, and he dances too behind the line.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely, and Cook played behind a suspect o line the past two years, so that may help him some playing here.  They got Francios absolutely KILLED at Louisville this season.  If Dalvin Cook is on the board at #9, I don't see how you pass him up.  I really think this guy is the next franchise type back.  People on here said I was nuts for wanting Devonta Freeman a couple of years ago, I guess the Falcons weren't so nutty after all.  Cook is a lot better than Freeman was. Things change at the next level, and I could be wrong, but I think this guy is one of, if not the best prospect in the entire draft.  I don't see a hole anywhere in his game.  Kid's got a lot of heart too.

I'd be on board with Cook or Fournette as our pick. Fournette runs violently. Cook has a more complete game.

The only thing I have against drafting a RB that high is you generally get 8-9 years out of them. Draft another position and you get 10-12 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 08:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be on board with Cook or Fournette as our pick. Fournette runs violently. Cook has a more complete game.

The only thing I have against drafting a RB that high is you generally get 8-9 years out of them. Draft another position and you get 10-12 years.

definitely don't want fournette his ankle issues may be chronic.  I personally want mixon in 4th but definitely can see argument for cook. If I was making a top 3 for who I would pick it would be Williams hooker cook any of those 3 I would be more than happy.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 08:15 PM)Jpoore Wrote: definitely don't want fournette his ankle issues may be chronic.  I personally want mixon in 4th but definitely can see argument for cook. If I was making a top 3 for who I would pick it would be Williams hooker cook any of those 3 I would be more than happy.

Not only the ankle with Fournette he is not a pass catcher out of the backfield and every Defense would know what is coming.
Reply/Quote
Until the OL is actually fixed and opening up some holes I really think talking about the RBs is rather pointless. Og and Bodine had trouble blocking a cool breeze. Bodine did improve as the season went on, but it took a long while.

Reply/Quote
It is the O.L. that needs to be fixed big time. As well as beefed up!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
While I agree that the line needs fixed.....Hill was trash last season too.

Reply/Quote

Well said.....and I'll add another notch on the belt for Guenther for holding players accountable over the bye by threatening them with time on the pine.  Of course we know how that panned out......

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 06:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Well said.....and I'll add another notch on the belt for Guenther for holding players accountable over the bye by threatening them with time on the pine.  Of course we know how that panned out......

Yeah, what do yah know. Holding players accountable for how they play actually might work for the good.
Reply/Quote