Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looks like the state of mississippi hates federal funding
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/05/us/mississippi-governor-signs-religious-freedom-bill/

I'm sure they will be in the same boat as NC, losing billions in federal funding under Title IX
People suck
(04-05-2016, 04:47 PM)Griever Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/05/us/mississippi-governor-signs-religious-freedom-bill/

I'm sure they will be in the same boat as NC, losing billions in federal funding under Title IX

Then they can blame "big government" for interfering in their lives and elect more "small government" GOP types!

Brilliant!

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Wait till the next hurricane runs out the bottom fifth of state. They'll be applying for federal disaster dollars.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
and i hope they dont receive it

if they thought their roads and schools were bad, and their teachers were underpaid before, just wait till all that money is gone

but hey, this is what they want right, doing things at the state level and not letting the feds tell them what to do
People suck
(04-06-2016, 08:15 AM)Griever Wrote: and i hope they dont receive it

if they thought their roads and schools were bad, and their teachers were underpaid before, just wait till all that money is gone

but hey, this is what they want right, doing things at the state level and not letting the feds tell them what to do

The sad part about this is that when you compare their public employee salaries to their private sector equivalents, they still pay better than Virginia.

Not that I am bitter about this at all or anything.
(04-06-2016, 09:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The sad part about this is that when you compare their public employee salaries to their private sector equivalents, they still pay better than Virginia.

Not that I am bitter about this at all or anything.

Nah first time i heard you mention it. Tongue
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-06-2016, 08:15 AM)Griever Wrote: and i hope they dont receive it

My wife's family is from Mississippi. Totally different world. The people I've met from there, they still don't know what the Civil War was about. I don't know how public education works there, but when the subject comes up about the CW or states rights or the federal government, the people I've met seriously think the federal army just rolled in and destroyed things on a whim.
Mississippi must assimilate.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-06-2016, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Mississippi must assimilate.

Just like they are in the military!   Ninja
(04-06-2016, 09:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Nah first time i heard you mention it. Tongue

I'm actually doing a presentation on it this semester. LOL
(04-06-2016, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just like they are in the military!   Ninja

Without uniformity the entire system will collapse.

It is called the UNITED States for a reason.

Ninja Ninja
According to everyone that posted in this thread up to this point, the people in Mississippi are stupid, backwater people with no grasp on history or reality.

If that's the case, then no one is going to be discriminated against, because they probably got out of Mississippi long before this bill was even thought of.
(04-06-2016, 12:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: According to everyone that posted in this thread up to this point, the people in Mississippi are stupid, backwater people with no grasp on history or reality.

If that's the case, then no one is going to be discriminated against, because they probably got out of Mississippi long before this bill was even thought of.

No, no...most of the stupid, backwater people with no grasp of history or reality are RUNNING the state.  Then the MAJORITY vote for them because why should they care about a minority? ThumbsUp