Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mail in voting
(06-13-2020, 12:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Read it all and You'll have to show me where I've advocated "voter suppression"> I've simply said that those who have the ability to show up and vote in person should. 

No victim; just asking folks to reflect instead of deflect.

Show you? Okay. It's right there in what I quoted.  Right now I have the freedom to choose how I want to vote.  You want to deny me that freedom.  Why? Because of some BS about convenience? Again, if we are as great as we say we are there isn't any reason why voting shouldn't be both convenient and secure.
(06-13-2020, 10:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Show you? Okay. It's right there in what I quoted.  Right now I have the freedom to choose how I want to vote.  You want to deny me that freedom.  Why? Because of some BS about convenience? Again, if we are as great as we say we are there isn't any reason why voting shouldn't be both convenient and secure.

That 80 year old in a wheelchair doesn't have a voice. C'mon man! They are gonna get covid and die anyway. I mean.....he or she could live to be 100 years old, but should get up off their wheelchair and vote!  Sarcasm
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
(06-13-2020, 10:54 AM)jmccracky Wrote: That 80 year old in a wheelchair doesn't have a voice. C'mon man! They are gonna get covid and die anyway. I mean.....he or she could live to be 100 years old, but should get up off their wheelchair and vote!  Sarcasm

Damn it you got me. What I should have said is I understand the need for Mail in voting; however, I feel those that are able to show up and vote should do so. Instead of saying 80 year olds in wheelchairs should go vote at crowded balloting stations during a pandemic........Hey wait a minute...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-13-2020, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn it you got me. What I should have said is I understand the need for Mail in voting; however, I feel those that are able to show up and vote should do so. Instead of saying 80 year olds in wheelchairs should go vote at crowded balloting stations during a pandemic........Hey wait a minute...

What you haven't said is "why".

Mail in is more convenient.  Is that wrong?

You've yet to explain your position on "why" they go in person if they don't want to and would rather vote in another, completely acceptable way.  So acceptable that the POTUS does it.  (Well, he did in the past.  He seems to be having some problems registering to vote in Florida since he doesn't know where he lives.)

Anyway why should every listen to you?  I mean unless they are your superiors who ALWAYS listen to you. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-13-2020, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing on an issue.

Alright. I do admit I was a bit extraordinarily pissed off. I thought there was an interesting exchange going on, I was curious of what you have to say really, but then it was just the same old, including playing a victim card. That was pretty disappointing.

And I sure feel that you should at times check your own behaviour before taking issue with other people's behaviour. You are not really an angel. You love to imply that folks disagreeing with you engage in group think, are incapable of any rationality or objectivity, you attack teir integrity, their intelligence and then some. It is often quite presumtuous and complacent really, you seem to make little effort to understand where someone else is coming from, and I am quite annoyed how you accuse others of degrading the board just by responding in similar kind. Check your own performance is all I have to say. With that being said, I knid of overreacted too, so I hope we can stay cool. Despite all disagreements, I do not consider you a bad guy at all. Just - a bit projective at times, and admittedly a bit annoying. But I am too, so there's that... peace and good night.
(06-13-2020, 03:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: What you haven't said is "why".

Mail in is more convenient.  Is that wrong?

You've yet to explain your position on "why" they go in person if they don't want to and would rather vote in another, completely acceptable way.  So acceptable that the POTUS does it.  (Well, he did in the past.  He seems to be having some problems registering to vote in Florida since he doesn't know where he lives.)

Anyway why should every listen to you?  I mean unless they are your superiors who ALWAYS listen to you. Mellow
Never said "every" should listen to me; just gave my $0.02 and the usual suspects go with the personal attacks.

As to they why: I feel it's a duty and with a duty comes a sense of sacrifice. I get that makes 0 sense to many, but to many it does. wait in line, cast your vote, and let it be counted. It's the American way. 

(06-13-2020, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never said "every" should listen to me; just gave my $0.02 and the usual suspects go with the personal attacks.

As to they why: I feel it's a duty and with a duty comes a sense of sacrifice. I get that makes 0 sense to many, but to many it does. wait in line, cast your vote, and let it be counted. It's the American way. 

Correct.  You said your superiors "always" listen to you.

That aside your "why" is that you want it to be more of a sacrifice?  That's just stupid.

Just because you choose do things harder or to make great "personal sacrifice" doesn't mean it has any more value.

But thanks for at least answering.  Now I know it was just BS on your part.

"GTFO” indeed.
(06-13-2020, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never said "every" should listen to me; just gave my $0.02 and the usual suspects go with the personal attacks.

(06-14-2020, 12:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: Correct.  You said your superiors "always" listen to you.

That aside your "why" is that you want it to be more of a sacrifice?  That's just stupid.

Just because you choose do things harder or to make great "personal sacrifice" doesn't mean it has any more value.

But thanks for at least answering.  Now I know it was just BS on your part.

"GTFO” indeed.

Don't worry, you're protected. 

It makes 0 sense to me that some people have to wait several hours just because they live in predominately poor/minority neighborhood.

You guys over there, sacrifice half your day to vote. And you guys over there, we'll get you out in 10 minutes.

Two votes may count the same but the cost of the sacrifice to cast them are vastly different.
(06-14-2020, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't worry, you're protected. 

[Image: cross-wood.jpg]

Your "idea" that people should have to sacrifice to vote is just that...your idea.  You base it in zero reasoning other than your see other people work harder to vote.  It make zero sense that just because something is important it must be harder to do.  Especially when part of the voters in this country have it easy at the polls too.

The "why" you gave is, IMHO, dumb.  Sorry if that hurt your feelings. Mellow
(06-14-2020, 03:36 AM)Benton Wrote: It makes 0 sense to me that some people have to wait several hours just because they live in predominately poor/minority neighborhood.

You guys over there, sacrifice half your day to vote. And you guys over there, we'll get you out in 10 minutes.

Two votes may count the same but the cost of the sacrifice to cast them are vastly different.

*DING DING DING*

The point is to suppress the minority vote. The ONLY point in opposing mail in voting is to suppress the minority vote. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-14-2020, 03:36 AM)Benton Wrote: It makes 0 sense to me that some people have to wait several hours just because they live in predominately poor/minority neighborhood.

That's a completely different issue. Increase polling stations in crowded districts. 

Are advocates suggesting everyone should have the option to mail in vote? 

(06-13-2020, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn it you got me. What I should have said is I understand the need for Mail in voting; however, I feel those that are able to show up and vote should do so. Instead of saying 80 year olds in wheelchairs should go vote at crowded balloting stations during a pandemic........Hey wait a minute...

Look, dude, right now Georgia allows me to vote by mail even though I can vote in person locally. There is a 50% chance I’ll be working on Election Day. And there is typically a 3 hour wait in line outside in the cold and/or rain during the early voting period when I’m not working. As a veteran, I can’t stand having my time wasted with “hurry up wait” BS. It’s my time. I have a limited amount of it. And if I don’t want to spend it waiting in line because I can mail in a ballot that is my prerogative and none of your business.

Sorry, but you don’t get to play the victim card after being the first to start the personal attacks by calling Dino a liar.

Quote:As to they why: I feel it's a duty and with a duty comes a sense of sacrifice. I get that makes 0 sense to many, but to many it does. wait in line, cast your vote, and let it be counted. It's the American way. 

Actually that makes 0 sense to everyone because your confusing two different topics and combining them into one.

To illustrate my point it is a soldier’s duty is to tell the truth to their chain of command. Good ol’ fashioned honesty doesn’t require a sacrifice. See how that works? Duty. Sacrifice. Two different things. And the former doesn’t necessarily require the latter. And if a sacrifice isn’t required then we shouldn’t make it a requirement unnecessarily just to satisfy your feelings voting shouldn’t be convenient just to make it more difficult for others.

Voting is a responsibility, not a legal or moral obligation such as a duty. It’s my responsibility to put gas in my truck. It shouldn’t require a huge time sacrifice on my part to fill ‘er up like it’s post-invasion Iraq circa 2003. Nor is this Afghanistan so it shouldn’t require an 8 hour walk through hostile territory to cast a vote. That’s what some people might call progress.

I thought we were going to Make America Great Again not Make America 1780 Again.
(06-14-2020, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's a completely different issue. Increase polling stations in crowded districts. 

Should it only be reserved for the President and his press secretary?

He makes plenty of trips to Florida for golf. I’m sure you don’t think it is too much of a sacrifice or an inconvenience to schedule a golf trip to cast his ballot while he is in the same zip code, right?
(06-14-2020, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's a completely different issue. Increase polling stations in crowded districts. 

IDK where you are in KY, but here in Lexington, there's one in-person polling site, and it's Kroger Field.  That's going to be a madhouse.  It seems to me that they want everyone to vote by mail.  I just realized this recently and registered today.  

It is, but it seems to be getting pumped in together.

As to the question: I don't think it should be based on income, which seems to be the think on the right. I don't think it's ok for some people to mail it in because they're too busy to bother, but Bob working at Walmart and Krispy Kreme can fit it in between shifts

Yeah, everyone should have it. Because for whom would it be to determine if I use the option "correctly" or not, or if I'm deserving. You'd have to prove you're working or on vacation or bad on your feet or whatever, and these things might be no one's business.
(06-15-2020, 12:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Look, dude, right now Georgia allows me to vote by mail even though I can vote in person locally. There is a 50% chance I’ll be working on Election Day. And there is typically a 3 hour wait in line outside in the cold and/or rain during the early voting period when I’m not working. As a veteran, I can’t stand having my time wasted with “hurry up wait” BS. It’s my time. I have a limited amount of it. And if I don’t want to spend it waiting in line because I can mail in a ballot that is my prerogative and none of your business.

Sorry, but you don’t get to play the victim card after being the first to start the personal attacks by calling Dino a liar.

Actually that makes 0 sense to everyone because your confusing two different topics and combining them into one.

To illustrate my point it is a soldier’s duty is to tell the truth to their chain of command. Good ol’ fashioned honesty doesn’t require a sacrifice. See how that works? Duty. Sacrifice. Two different things. And the former doesn’t necessarily require the latter. And if a sacrifice isn’t required then we shouldn’t make it a requirement unnecessarily just to satisfy your feelings voting shouldn’t be convenient just to make it more difficult for others.

Voting is a responsibility, not a legal or moral obligation such as a duty. It’s my responsibility to put gas in my truck. It shouldn’t require a huge time sacrifice on my part to fill ‘er up like it’s post-invasion Iraq circa 2003.  Nor is this Afghanistan so it shouldn’t require an 8 hour walk through hostile territory to cast a vote. That’s what some people might call progress.

I thought we were going to Make America Great Again not Make America 1780 Again.

You mean when he lied about what I said when replying to someone else that had nothing to do with me? Is that when I started it? When he stated I called Americans too lazy and we don't need mail in voting. And then that one dude added "That's basically what you said", Seems the conversation was pretty constructive up to that point.

If folks think mail in voting is the way to go then fine. Just shared my $0.02 on the matter, but folks feel compelled to lie about what I said because they disagreed with the stance.

Not playing the victim card, just pointing out a fact in this forum. 

(06-15-2020, 03:25 AM)Benton Wrote: It is, but it seems to be getting pumped in together.

As to the question: I don't think it should be based on income, which seems to be the think on the right. I don't think it's ok for some people to mail it in because they're too busy to bother, but Bob working at Walmart and Krispy Kreme can fit it in between shifts

Exactly what I've said the whole time. 

(06-15-2020, 11:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, everyone should have it. Because for whom would it be to determine if I use the option "correctly" or not, or if I'm deserving. You'd have to prove you're working or on vacation or bad on your feet or whatever, and these things might be no one's business.

Seems like a huge undertaking to make it the system everyone uses. Folks have to prove they need a handicapped parking sticker. Should we just give those to everyone who wants one because it's no one's business?