Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next up-Aaron Glenn
Is this now plan e? I guess we can write Pleasent off at this point

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
throwing darts at this point. why would he ever be considered a defensive coordinator prospect? I must be missing something

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
And still no mention of John Fox as a candidate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: throwing darts at this point.  why would he ever be considered a defensive coordinator prospect?  I must be missing something

Not exactly, he was one of the names on the list of of candidates from last week that included Grantham and Pleasant.
Reply/Quote
still no word on pleasant actually interviewing.... Did he come here or not is he lost somewhere in Kentucky?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: throwing darts at this point. why would he ever be considered a defensive coordinator prospect? I must be missing something

Well didn't he coach the DROY last year?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well didn't he coach the DROY last year?

i guess.  He doesn't coach a great defensive back unit, but hey at least he can take a top 15 pick and turn him into DROY... yaaaaaaa

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: i guess.  He doesn't coach a great defensive back unit, but hey at least he can take a top 15 pick and turn him into DROY... yaaaaaaa

No doubt, sounds like he needs polished players to work with kind of like PA.

No thanks. Wanting Elko, Pleasant or Rex Ryan (cannot believe i am saying this) now.

Rex Knows the AFC North very well and was a very good DC.

Was just wondering about his personality but if Taylor likes him for us i am all for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: i guess.  He doesn't coach a great defensive back unit, but hey at least he can take a top 15 pick and turn him into DROY... yaaaaaaa

He did help turn Eli Apple around this year when he came from the NYG.
Reply/Quote
The Saints produced a lot of Turnovers and TD's on defense.

That said, he was a DB Coach...not their DC.

Man...getting all these inexperienced guys might turn out ok...but this could really blow up in a 4-12 or 5-11 way.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Saints produced a lot of Turnovers and TD's on defense.

That said, he was a DB Coach...not their DC.

Man...getting all these inexperienced guys might turn out ok...but this could really blow up in a 4-12 or 5-11 way.

Yep, DB coach of some high draft picks and talented veteran FAs. Not sure how much credit he should get. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:48 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Yep, DB coach of some high draft picks and talented veteran FAs. Not sure how much credit he should get. 

Even if he was a great DB coach, it's a huge step up to DC. That's one thing a lot of people don't get. And we can't even say he's that.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:45 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And still no mention of John Fox as a candidate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that one's a bit of a head scratcher.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: still no word on pleasant actually interviewing....     Did he come here or not  is he lost somewhere in Kentucky?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/11/18220353/florida-gators-football-bengals-todd-grantham-nfl-rumors-news

Quote:Sometime last week, the Bengals interviewed Aubrey Pleasant, the Los Angeles Rams’ cornerbacks coach, for the same position. According to Sammon’s sources, Grantham is the favorite to get the job.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/12/18221866/bengals-florida-gators-football-todd-grantham-nfl-news-sec
Quote:Grantham interviews with the Bengals after the team interviewed Los Angeles Rams cornerbacks coach Aubrey Pleasant for the same position a few days ago.

Reply/Quote
Aaron Glenn moves no needles for me.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Aaron Glenn moves no needles for me.

Yeah, no thanks.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, no thanks.

I don't know.  Just think of all the DC's who were DB coaches and actually DB's in their playing days.  Le Beau, Zim, the  first two that come to mind.  Pleasant is a DB coach...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:20 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know.  Just think of all the DC's who were DB coaches and actually DB's in their playing days.  Le Beau, Zim, the  first two that come to mind.  Pleasant is a DB coach...

As you pointed out to me, Glenn was a helluva DB.  I'm not really a big Pleasant backer either.  The thing with Glenn, I just look at some of the passing defense stats, and the secondary performance is a little bothersome.  Of course, he isn't calling the plays, so......

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: As you pointed out to me, Glenn was a helluva DB.  I'm not really a big Pleasant backer either.  The thing with Glenn, I just look at some of the passing defense stats, and the secondary performance is a little bothersome.  Of course, he isn't calling the plays, so......

It just seems like a tried and true path to DC and often, on to HC.  Maybe it's just me, but I see significance in such details.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Every option now seems like plan M, N, O, P.

This is increasingly embarrassing.

ZT isn't in LA anymore. I'm sure he feels it now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote